.Michael Grange @michaelgrange
Lowry on Rudy: 'I told him it was a first class organization and good to be a part of' #Raptors
Yeah its going to be a magical 2 years before both those guys bail.
I am liking Lowry more and more as a person.
TommyBeer: Only 3 players are averaging at least 5.5 rebs & 5.5 assists in games they've started (minimum 15 starts): LeBron, Rondo, & Kyle Lowry
TommyBeer: In 16 games as a starter, Kyle Lowry is averaging 15.9 ppg, 5.8 rebs, 5.7 apg, 1.7 three's & 1.6 steals. #NoCalderon #StockUp
You might be right, you might be wrong, why not wait and see, who knows, maybe the hot chick will think you're something special eh?
The true tell on BC will be what comes next.
Regarding your hashtag, will do when people continue to whine about players signing or resigning here. It is pathetic. Toronto is a great city with a great fan base and new ownership that appears to be willing to pony up. As long as Toronto keeps losing, no one will sign here. As long as the Raptors are devoid of talent, they will continue to lose. At some point you have to take a swing when talent presents itself or continue to live in the vicious cycle.
I don't think the Gay trade can be judged until we see what comes next. And I certainly don't think it is sane to be talking about Lowry and Gay leaving when Lowry has another year on his contract at the Raps choice and Gay has 2 with final year at his choice and he has not even played a freaking game.
Surely you can understand someone taking the pessimistic view here? It has 17 years of history backing it up. But history aside, this move just smells bad. It's not even about the players we gave up so much as the direction it puts us in.
This team needed 1-2 more years of acquiring young assets before trying to make a move like this.
Colangelo pulled the trigger too soon and there are not enough pieces left to bring in another impact player.
This one trade has already eliminated any depth advantage we might have had. Our front court now consists of Amir and whatever scraps we can get for Bargnani. We have no backup point guard and our starter is injury prone.
Our only trading chips left are Ross and JV. If we assume they're untouchable, then the Raptors are certainly expecting a lot of development out of those two. Oh, and they have to do it pretty fast too if there is any hope of keeping the present core intact. I really hope it does work out that way, but my gut, and 17 years of history, tell me otherwise.
I could argue the positive and I could argue the negative.... and I think I've done both on these forums.
It will truly depend on what comes next to get my opinion.
Some things I would point out are:
1) the Raptors have a upper tier SF for the first time..... in a very long time. A glaring hole has finally been addressed.
2) the Raptors "core" has no one currently over 26. They are lined up to have the guys currently entering their prime to be exiting their prime as the young guys enter their prime (if that makes sense).
3) barring injury, my opinion is this team is a playoff team. The question becomes how far can they go assuming things work out for the best?
4) The Raptors have their top 2 prospects still on the team after the trade.
5) With no draft pick this year (most likely) and sad trade assets, how were the Raps to acquire young assets? Calderon was the most valuable and he could only get a washed up prospect and an aging former champion. I was all about dump your shit for prospects and picks but maybe that wasn't an option and just staying with what the Raptors had was a losing proposition.
6) DeRozan is a trade asset you left out. If DD and AB are traded, I'd much rather pay Gay $18M than those two $19.5M.
7) The Raptors front court has a rookie showing promise in Acy as an energy 12 minute guy and JV coming back from injury. In my opinion, it is not much thinner than before w/ ED and JV out. Also, and this comes back to what is coming next, some wings and Bargnani need to go to get that starting PF that is now needed (Amir is a great backup).
What comes next is crucial and the franchise is never going to advance dwelling on the last 17 years, in my opinion.
Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Even tho we've failed so many years...it just needs to work once and we can take a step..... Maybe this is that time
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)