Attention kyle lowry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You have been handed the keys to the car.

Time to take control.

No more excuses..... perform.
    The problem is this: if you gave him a fatherly advice about being responsible adult that has to be extra careful when he drives, you will get the same player you got in the last month.

The best thing you can do is unleash Lowry, let him take 10 shots or more per game, let him drive to the basket uncontrollably, let him be selfish and live with his forced errors and turnovers because subdue Lowry doesn't work. The Raptors will have to live with Good Lowry/Bad Lowry from here on end.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      Didn't know Lowry and Gay were best friends. Definitely good news.
      Rudy Gay is Kyle's son god father
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        The problem is this: if you gave him a fatherly advice about being responsible adult that has to be extra careful when he drives, you will get the same player you got in the last month.

The best thing you can do is unleash Lowry, let him take 10 shots or more per game, let him drive to the basket uncontrollably, let him be selfish and live with his forced errors and turnovers because subdue Lowry doesn't work. The Raptors will have to live with Good Lowry/Bad Lowry from here on end.
        I wish there was an emoticon for eye rolling with a jerkoff motion.

Comment

What is the big deal of friendship?! Friendships do not make players loyal to their teams this is hog wash, in the end it comes to 3 things (not in chronological order):

1) Location
          2) A winner
          3) Salary

Those 3 things will keep a player with his team long terms not friendship.

Comment

You mean like Bosh and Jarrett Jack? Or Hedo and Rasho? Uh, ok...

Comment

hopefully they can hold hands and take the team to the next level

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
                hopefully they can hold hands and take the team to the next level
                Barbosa and Reggie Evans were holding hands...how did that go for us?

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  Is Lowry still our best player?
                  That's an interesting question that doubters need to think about. We now have 2 players better than everyone else and both are better than everyone we had before.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

how did you guys think he looked last night? He seemed to be favouring his back a bit. Hopefully not. It he's out, we're f(*)&^&*^

Comment

I'm not sure it really matters, as long as OKC gets the pick I don't care where we land at the end of this season. It's not like anyone is expecting a miracle here. We went from little talent to some talent, and hopefully there's more to come.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                        I'm not sure it really matters, as long as OKC gets the pick I don't care where we land at the end of this season. It's not like anyone is expecting a miracle here. We went from little talent to some talent, and hopefully there's more to come.
                        I keep thinking about what if they get a top 3 pick. Highly unlikely I know but karma has to come in at some point, no?

Comment

14-5-10 seems like a good start in the right direction for lowry, specially after seeing him on his belly most of the night getting worked on by medical staff because of back spasms.

I think they should rest him for a couple of games, make sure that back is smooth and loose

Comment

Casey's got to change his offensive philosophy for Lowry to really blossom. No more emphasis on pick-and-rolls and half court sets. We've got two ISO-heavy players in Lowry and Gay. The drive-and-kick game has to be what Casey encourages from here on out.

Sorry DeRozan, your services are no longer required.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Casey's got to change his offensive philosophy for Lowry to really blossom. No more emphasis on pick-and-rolls and half court sets. We've got two ISO-heavy players in Lowry and Gay. The drive-and-kick game has to be what Casey encourages from here on out.

Sorry DeRozan, your services are no longer required.
                              +1 amazing point(s)

I can't help but think that we've grown so accustomed to pick and roll offense, that everyone is forgetting how much more exciting and athletic our team is going to be.

Will we turn the ball over more? hell yes
                              Will we have less assists? probably

But now we have a young, athletic team with more than one player that can create a shot, so we don't need to force pick and roll situations in order to penetrate the lane. We can use the pick and roll more sparingly....like real teams do

and yeah, I can't see this working out for Demar.

I am just excited for the style change. for the first time in what seems like forever, I am not 100% sure what type of game our team will produce...but I do know that it's fun thinking about the prospect that I don't have to watch pick and rolls 100 times a game

Comment

Also I want to point out that if Casey can channel our athleticism into productive defense, we can be great defensievly.

Assuming JV can guard his position as he grows, this will be the first time since Vince that we have a team with a PG, SF and C that can potentially guard their positions. instead of having to game plan to compensate for Jose or Barg's poor defense, we can focus on actually putting pressure on the other teams defensively....

You think there's enough time to make the playoffs?? (ok now I'm going crazy....)
                                Last edited by BallaBalla; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X