Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BC says "not done trading" yet during Atl game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    derozan is expensive who is going to take him?
    Milwaukee?

Utah?

Don't know just guessing at answers to your question but I do see him fitting with either of those teams.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am happy about the trade, but I won't be satisfied unless we get a legitimate stretch 4 like josh smith, or (plan b) millsap.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Milwaukee?

Utah?

Don't know just guessing at answers to your question but I do see him fitting with either of those teams.
    millsap!! But he has struggled mightily this month, and small market teams might think he isn't worth his contract. (derozan that is)
    Last edited by akashsingh; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 12:14 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

10 million isn't a huge price tag in NBA these days if you haven't noticed. Though I would like to see how Derozan plays with Gay on the floor first. You cannot just totally flip over the chemistry, roster and culture in the team like that, in the middle of the season.
    #FREE

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the cap goes up by $5M as most people predict then DeMar's $9.5M salary is actually not going to be too difficult to trade. He still has a tonne of potential and SG's are in short supply in the league.

I don't think it would be too difficult to trade DeMar.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    10 million isn't a huge price tag in NBA these days if you haven't noticed. Though I would like to see how Derozan plays with Gay on the floor first. You cannot just totally flip over the chemistry, roster and culture in the team like that, in the middle of the season.
    well that depends on the player doesn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

But Bryan is the GM. I actually don't think he wants to move DeMar - otherwise what was the point in giving him the extension so early?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    But Bryan is the GM. I actually don't think he wants to move DeMar - otherwise what was the point in giving him the extension so early?
    the team dynamics have changed. rudy gay brings all the same skills derozan posseses and is an overall better player. No one has any clue why he gave derozan an extension that early, baffling move....

Post Thanks / Like

the reason you do a contract like that is to lock up an asset. they didn't want to risk not extending him and then him going off bananas and garnering max level interest somewhere (not likely but not impossible). So you sign him what appears to be a little bit high, hope he plays up to or near enough that other teams are interested and you put him to market. If he plays beyond his 9.5 you keep him as a guy that is worth more than his deal. If he plays under or near it, you ship him out for another asset/picks/multiple rotation players or as part of a deal to bring in a near all star. Ten million is a very flexible deal for 20 out of 30 of the leagues teams. The other ten might like the idea of shedding an allstar for two contributers that fit...(Lakers) cough Gasol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    the reason you do a contract like that is to lock up an asset. they didn't want to risk not extending him and then him going off bananas and garnering max level interest somewhere (not likely but not impossible). So you sign him what appears to be a little bit high, hope he plays up to or near enough that other teams are interested and you put him to market. If he plays beyond his 9.5 you keep him as a guy that is worth more than his deal. If he plays under or near it, you ship him out for another asset/picks/multiple rotation players or as part of a deal to bring in a near all star. Ten million is a very flexible deal for 20 out of 30 of the leagues teams. The other ten might like the idea of shedding an allstar for two contributers that fit...(Lakers) cough Gasol.
    Agree, kinda, but the contract the gave Demar was ridiculous.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Bargnani to Minnesota for Williams and Ridnour.

DeRozan and Kleiza to Utah for Millsap. Acy or Anderson could be added to also include Raja Bell (to make it more enticing for Utah), if need be.
    It's beyond me that many here promote trading for Millsap. He's an expiring contract that could walk for nothing in July. Why would you give away a young, ever growing DeRozan for what could easily be a 2 month rental?
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 10:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    It's beyond me that many here promote trading for Millsap. He's an expiring contract that could walk for nothing in July. Why would you give away a young, ever growing DeRozan for what could easily be a 2 month rental?
    True. I would hope that BC would be able to speak to his agent once Utah agreed to the framework of a deal, to get a feel for the liklihood of him re-signing. It could be a risk, but he's just one option.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Wait a minute, why would any team give anything in return for Bargnani, or any other Raps player? They have terrible contracts and they play for a losing team. Why would Utah trade useful players for Derozan and Kleiza? Does Colangelo have stuff on Utah's owners? Short of blackmail I can't think of any reason.
    Utah has been rumored to be in the market for a wing and/or guard since the offseason. Just looking at their roster is enough evidence to support the rumors. Plus, they are loaded in the front court. Both Jefferson & Millsap expiring after the season and they have Favors & Kanter waiting to take their spots. It's widely suspected among the 'experts/insiders' that Millsap is most likely gone, so they could very well be looking to get something for him instead of losing him to free agency. I'm not sure what more they would ever get offered for him than DeRozan. I see it as a great fit for both teams, assuming Millsap would be interested in re-signing with Toronto to be a starting PF.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    the team dynamics have changed. rudy gay brings all the same skills derozan posseses and is an overall better player. No one has any clue why he gave derozan an extension that early, baffling move....
    maybe BC was taking a page out of the Denver playbook.. maintaining an asset in demar with the intention to flip him.. like den. did with Nene ? more then likely i think Demar will be delt..

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote p00ka wrote: View Post
    1) shed the salary of a player who's skills are redundant to the team, and give us more financial flexibility in the future.

2) http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents/ make the gamble that we can sign one of the many free agent power forwards this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of having Millsap's Bird Rights so they could resign him without cap implications. The only way I do that is if we unload at least $10M in outgoing salary though - that means either Bargnani or DeRozan or a combination of Fields/Kleiza (or all four)

Post Thanks / Like

I believe, big assumption that BC wants to trade DD, because any team receiving him is going to know what his contract situation is, no worries of restricted free agency, Colangelo believes price to be fair market, and he is locked up for 4 years. Being locked up for a team like Milwaukee or Utah is just as important for them as it is for Toronto..... hardly free agent hot spots.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    We need a starting PF and a backup PG.

LINEUP
    C: Valanciunas, Gray, Haddadi
    PF: ???, Amir, Acy
    SF: Gay, Anderson, Kleiza
    SG: Fields, Ross, Pietrus
    PG: Lowry, ???, Lucas

* assuming Bargnani & DeRozan are traded
    Why stop with Bargs and Demar? If the goal is to WIN NOW, that lineuop ain't getting it done. I'd advocate engineering something for both Milsap and Gasol and maybe adding a shooter like Reddick. If they can hang on to Val in that then great, if not, then move him. Same with Ross. Go big.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think Derozan and his ugly contract is tradeable? BC has surprised us in the past, and I could see a few teams wanting him

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think DeRozan is tradable. Worse has been moved before.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information