We need a starting PF and a backup PG.

LINEUP
    C: Valanciunas, Gray, Haddadi
    PF: ???, Amir, Acy
    SF: Gay, Anderson, Kleiza
    SG: Fields, Ross, Pietrus
    PG: Lowry, ???, Lucas

* assuming Bargnani & DeRozan are traded
    Thanks to his fat extension, this is a pipe dream. I hope Utah can take these two *crossing fingers*.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

even once demars extention kicks in i dont see any reason why teams wouldnt be intersted, hes still young & hes not exactly a terrible player, If an old washed up lazy turk who was never that great, making 10mill can be traded why cant demar.. i expect that if hes traded most will be pleasently suprised by the return, there just isnt many true SG's up & comming these days..i could see teams like Chicago, Utah, Pheonix, Bobcats, Millwaukee, Detroit, Minnesota all being very intersted in Demar....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    I'd advocate engineering something for Lebron, CP3, KB24, and do you think you could dig up Al Jolson?
    I'd take one of the above. Unfortunately, none of those guys are available. Gasol is available. Milsap is available. Why not? Why stop at Gay? This roster plus Gay won't even make the playoffs. More moves need to be made.

Personally, I would have rather blown the team up and rebuilt but that's not the path management/ownership chose. So, now they need to pull out all the stops to try to create a window to win.

What would it take to get another star or two? No idea. But making Valanciunas and Ross available will certainly help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I'd take one of the above. Unfortunately, none of those guys are available. Gasol is available. Milsap is available. Why not? Why stop at Gay? This roster plus Gay won't even make the playoffs. More moves need to be made.

Personally, I would have rather blown the team up and rebuilt but that's not the path management/ownership chose. So, now they need to pull out all the stops to try to create a window to win.

What would it take to get another star or two? No idea. But making Valanciunas and Ross available will certainly help.
    I would be fine trading for Millsap or Gasol (preference for Millsap), but certainly no point trading for both.

Gay is only 26 years old, making only $4M more than Calderon/Davis were making. They've hardly mortgaged the future for a 'win now' approach.

They have a young core of Gay, Lowry, Valanciunas, Ross, Amir, Fields and DeRozan (unless he's traded), who are all under 27. They will be able to grow together for several years, ideally.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm desperate to know if Gay is going to be in a raps uniform tomorrow. It starts at 2am my time, but if it's the first game with gay suited up, count me in.

I still can't decide whether I like the move or not. I do think it more moves need to be made. Obviously, bargs is on the block, but I think we have to add something to make it worthwhile for the other team. I can't see JV or Ross being available so the only assets we have are Lowry or Demar. Since we don't have a starting point guard without lowry, I also see demar as the odd man out. With JV and Bargs being injured, we are in desperate need of another servicable forward, which makes me think that a trade is coming sooner rather than later.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I'm desperate to know if Gay is going to be in a raps uniform tomorrow. It starts at 2am my time, but if it's the first game with gay suited up, count me in.

I still can't decide whether I like the move or not. I do think it more moves need to be made. Obviously, bargs is on the block, but I think we have to add something to make it worthwhile for the other team. I can't see JV or Ross being available so the only assets we have are Lowry or Demar. Since we don't have a starting point guard without lowry, I also see demar as the odd man out. With JV and Bargs being injured, we are in desperate need of another servicable forward, which makes me think that a trade is coming sooner rather than later.
    according to Paul Jones Rudy wont join the team till tommorow & would still have to pass physicals so its doubtfull he plays friday

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post

I don't think so they"re only out for about one more week. The raps can last till than.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post

I disagree. I don't think they make the playoffs this season as it is too late but this roster next year is a playoff team. Now they aren't making a deep run that is for sure but they are at least in.

Still waiting for the other Italian loafer to drop.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My moment with Paul Jones today at Sportsnet Livechat

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    My moment with Paul Jones today at Sportsnet Livechat

MLSE mouthpiece motha.......

Depth is great when it is not eating 71% of your salary cap space on marginally above average talent on the wings outside of Gay for next season (Gay, DD, Ross, Fields, Kleiza).

One of DD or Fields needs to go to get some money at PF. Amir is a backup who can occasionally start.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    That would be perfect (not sure you really need sacre .. but either way). Just getting rid of LF and AB would be a huge win (although I dont think the Lakers would touch the Fields contract, as they are clearing space for 2015 when Lebron is available .. the $10 mm for a bum would be a killer, in addition to AB .. one of the two, maybe, but unfortunately probably not both) ...
    I might be hopeful, but fields can likely be part of a third team trade scenario. The Lakers do like defensive minded players and Landry fits. I have another trade scenario that lands the Raps J. Smith on the trade forum. Have a look and comment. Now that we are no longer crashing, burning, and rebuilding - there are opportunities to put this team into a 5-6 seed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information