No announcement yet.

BC says "not done trading" yet during Atl game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's overpriced, but he is an automatic upgrade over anyone playing that position. I wasn't as high on ED as others were on this board, but it still hurts to seem him go. Talent for talent I guess, and I was pretty high on Gay out of Uni. I'll miss Jose too, but I'm glad that "backup or starter" argument is done. I'm excited to see if Lowry can rediscover his form from Houston. And I wonder what we're gonna do for bigs now.
    "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
    -Newsradio

Comment

Bargs + DeRozan + Klezia gone, I happy.

I dont mind if we keep DeRozan though. Love an Ilyasova, Millsap, or somebody on the team.

Comment

Haddadi can't come to Canada (visa issues). RealGM says they are going to buy him out.

We essentially traded Jose, Ed and 2nd rounder for Gay

Comment

Once Bargs is back, we'll see what's going to happen. I think this move points to us keeping Bargs. Honestly if Bargs comes back shooting reasonnably well and stretching the floor, your looking at a very talented offesive starting 5.

Lowry
          Demar
          Gay
          Amir
          Bargs

with Jonas, Ross, and Anderson being key Subs. We could use some PG depth but I don't think it's an emergency, Lucas III can play some minutes. Look for the defense to improve with Gay here, he is very good on the wing, probably the best guy we've had in a while. Hopefuly Bargs will be moved, but as long as he is hitting open shots and spreading the foor he won't hurt us too much.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Haddadi can't come to Canada (visa issues). RealGM says they are going to buy him out.

We essentially traded Jose, Ed and 2nd rounder for Gay
            I'm ok with that.
            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

Next trade to make the Raptors relevant:

Raptors trade:
              - Bargnani
              - Anderson
              - Fields

Lakers trade
              - Gasol
              - Sacre

This trade creates a playoff team able to challenge anyone.

Comment

Veszi wrote: View Post
                Next trade to make the Raptors relevant:

Raptors trade:
                - Bargnani
                - Anderson
                - Fields

Lakers trade
                - Gasol
                - Sacre

This trade creates a playoff team able to challenge anyone.
                That would be perfect (not sure you really need sacre .. but either way). Just getting rid of LF and AB would be a huge win (although I dont think the Lakers would touch the Fields contract, as they are clearing space for 2015 when Lebron is available .. the $10 mm for a bum would be a killer, in addition to AB .. one of the two, maybe, but unfortunately probably not both) ...

Comment

BC says "not done trading" yet during Atl game

As I'm sure many of you heard during BC's briefing during the 3rd quarter of the Atlanta game, when asked if the Raptors were done trading yet, he simply and decisively said: "No."

So, what else happens now? Bargs for a pick and and a backup point guard? Toronto has a lot of wing players so maybe it's Fields or Ross heading out?

I didn't want the Rudy Gay trade, but, if there's something else brewing, I'm willing to hold off of passing judgement for now.
                  Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                    Why are people expecting more moves now? Don't get me wrong I definetely want to see more. (specifically Bargnani and Demar)

But this is much more likely the last move not the start of a series. Thats the scariest part of all.

Edit: moves of significance.
                    Colangelo said during the game it was the first move and there was more to come.

Comment

I think Bargs and Kleiza are gone, by trade or amnesty and I have a weird feeling one of DD/Fields is gone too. Nothing to base it on, just a weird feeling.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
                        As I'm sure many of you heard during BC's briefing during the 3rd quarter of the Atlanta game, when asked if the Raptors were done trading yet, he simply and decisively said: "No."

So, what else happens now? Bargs for a pick and and a backup point guard? Toronto has a lot of wing players so maybe it's Fields or Ross heading out?

I didn't want the Rudy Gay trade, but, if there's something else brewing, I'm willing to hold off of passing judgement for now.
                        If he's got some forthcoming move(s) up his sleeves i.e #tradeBargnani to compliment this latest blunder than I too will wait to pass judgement.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          I think Bargs and Kleiza are gone, by trade or amnesty and I have a weird feeling one of DD/Fields is gone too. Nothing to base it on, just a weird feeling.
                          I hope you're right. But I really prefer DD to go away to be quite frank. Fields can defend and more importantly, can rebound.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

BC pretty much just said Andrea is gone lol
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I dont want DD traded. Demar can be really really good if given the chance, he is ONLY 23! I would hate to give up on him yet..

Rudy and Ross should be a sick combo though, which I am very excited in 2 years time to witness!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Hahaha wow. It seems like the NBA is getting more and more explicit by the day. Some real juicy stuff being talked about.

I kid you not, Jack said "Raptors haven't won with Bargnani, it's time to move him." Now this is obvious, and has been obvious for a while now. But to actually have someone who is employed by the Raptors say it, is amazing to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X