Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! D.C. finds his balls and decides to speak out!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! D.C. finds his balls and decides to speak out!!!!

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/dwa...ey-jan-30-2013

This is going to be tricky. If he gets fined for this, then the league apologizes because of the missed call, then fine should be rescinded. But I'm guessing fine is going to come first.

But I think its way too late now. Casey's tirade is way overdue. He shouldve done this the second time those moron zebras missed a call.

We should get free win for this BS. But Rudy Gay will help us go HAM and win some tough games. I'm amped for some nasty windmills and posters

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      We should get free win for this BS. But Rudy Gay will help us go HAM and win some tough games. I'm amped for some nasty windmills and posters
      Or Derozan/Ross/Gay throwing oops and flinging passes to one another, as they show up on NBA's top 10 plays of the night/week/month/year.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think he was a bit too subdued with the soundoff...i wanted something more along the lines of a Jim Mora.

Anyways these missed calls may cost the raps a playoff spot. It is tough enough for the Raps to win road games, if all bets are off on the final play we might as well start charging the defense and setting illegal screens.

Comment

Glad he spoke out, but I don't have any expectations of this season being salvaged. I'm already looking at next year.

Comment

I love DC.

About time, who cares if he gets fined, somebody from the Raptors Organization needs to speak out.

Comment

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                I love DC.

About time, who cares if he gets fined, somebody from the Raptors Organization needs to speak out.
                Someone should bring sign to next game"Are NBA refs anti-Canadian?"

Comment

The Bargnani non-call didn't upset me because I have seen that get missed before. The Amir call I didn't get get exercised about cause the continuation rule is interpreted so vastly different game to game (and play to play) I can see a mistake being made. The Anderson call didn't bother me cause that was weak-ass play from both Calderon and AA.

This non-call was outrageous. Two officials had a clear site-line to the play. It was clear that they had determined before the play not to blow the whistle. You can't do that as officials. Ever.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    The Bargnani non-call didn't upset me because I have seen that get missed before. The Amir call I didn't get get exercised about cause the continuation rule is interpreted so vastly different game to game (and play to play) I can see a mistake being made. The Anderson call didn't bother me cause that was weak-ass play from both Calderon and AA.

This non-call was outrageous. Two officials had a clear site-line to the play. It was clear that they had determined before the play not to blow the whistle. You can't do that as officials. Ever.
                    The Bargnani play was actually 2 non-calls in 1. After the Bargnani airball, Taylor grabbed the rebound and stepped on the baseline with 0.8 seconds left (which was also missed).

Comment

Let's get down to business. Can we flip five apologies and cash considerations for a draft pick?

Comment

No really. Thanks for the official apologies but what good is that. This has been completely unfair and not just to the organization but the fans. The stupidest thing is that they can not give us anything in return. They can not give us wins because that would be unfair towards the other teams. They can not give us draft picks for the same reason.So to summarize we are getting screwed and we get absolutely NOTHING in return/compensation of some sort.Don't even get me started on the "what effect would a few more tough wins on the young guys" ; "it would have brought more positive effect in the locker room and the end result would be more wins and focused play" .We can twist this around as much as we can to our potential benefit "IF" that screwing officiating hasn't happened.
                        Basically what I am trying to understand is the following: The compensation for 4 final seconds of games no calls would be ???

Comment

footarez wrote: View Post
                          No really. Thanks for the official apologies but what good is that. This has been completely unfair and not just to the organization but the fans. The stupidest thing is that they can not give us anything in return. They can not give us wins because that would be unfair towards the other teams. They can not give us draft picks for the same reason.So to summarize we are getting screwed and we get absolutely NOTHING in return/compensation of some sort.Don't even get me started on the "what effect would a few more tough wins on the young guys" ; "it would have brought more positive effect in the locker room and the end result would be more wins and focused play" .We can twist this around as much as we can to our potential benefit "IF" that screwing officiating hasn't happened.
                          Basically what I am trying to understand is the following: The compensation for 4 final seconds of games no calls would be ???
                          A top 3 pick.

More screwing equals more balls. Fingers crossed.

Comment

^ That'd be nice.

Except we want it in next year's draft.

Comment

Fined 25 grand by the league today.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                              X