CNNSI Grades the same as ESPN C- for Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Definitely not in that Love is not a good fit.. or that Khan would laugh in Bryan's face, slam the phone and then send a mass email to all the other GM's describing the ridiculous offer he got from him.
    The latter.... lol

Comment

d749 wrote: View Post
      when is peitrus getting waved
      Good point.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        A PF that would be awesome with Gay in the line up would be Kevin Love. Not a defensive power house, but is probably the best stretch four in the game. He's overrated but he's also unhappy in Minnesota. Could buy low. Minny needs a SG and had interest in DeMar at one point.

Would DeMar + Andrea get it done?
        Or how About Derrick Williams + bad contract for ab?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Or how About Derrick Williams + bad contract for ab?
          Roy is going to be a medical retirement. That would be interesting. Unfortunately, especially with Pekovic's looming big pay day, I don't see the Wolves wanting to spend $11M per on Bargnani.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Roy is going to be a medical retirement. That would be interesting. Unfortunately, especially with Pekovic's looming big pay day, I don't see the Wolves wanting to spend $11M per on Bargnani.
            That's why I was wondering about a Bargnani for Williams & Ridnour trade. Both Bargnani & Williams are high lottery picks that have worn out their welcome and desperately need a change of scenery. Ridnour is Minny's 4th PG (Rubio, Shved, Barea). Toronto could also include Anderson, to replace Roy at SG (which is where they've been playing their PG depth).

Salary (12-13 / 13-14 / 14-15):

Bargnani: $10.00M / $10.75M / $11.50M (Early Termination Option)
            Anderson: $0.85M / - / -

Williams: $4.81M / $5.02M / $6.33M (Team Option) / $8.26M (Qualifying Offer for '15-16)
            Ridnour: $4.00M / $4.32M / -

2013-14: Minnesota would only add $1.41M to their payroll
            2014-15: Minnesota would add either $5.17M or $11.50M (depending on William's Team Option), though Bargnani would be an expiring contract

Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5bp8zu

Toronto could even include a 2nd round pick, if need be.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              That's why I was wondering about a Bargnani for Williams & Ridnour trade. Both Bargnani & Williams are high lottery picks that have worn out their welcome and desperately need a change of scenery. Ridnour is Minny's 4th PG (Rubio, Shved, Barea). Toronto could also include Anderson, to replace Roy at SG (which is where they've been playing their PG depth).

Salary (12-13 / 13-14 / 14-15):

Bargnani: $10.00M / $10.75M / $11.50M (Early Termination Option)
              Anderson: $0.85M / - / -

Williams: $4.81M / $5.02M / $6.33M (Team Option) / $8.26M (Qualifying Offer for '15-16)
              Ridnour: $4.00M / $4.32M / -

2013-14: Minnesota would only add $1.41M to their payroll
              2014-15: Minnesota would add either $5.17M or $11.50M (depending on William's Team Option), though Bargnani would be an expiring contract

Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5bp8zu

Toronto could even include a 2nd round pick, if need be.
              I don't see it making any sense for Minnesota not because I think very little of Bargnani but the composition and needs of the roster.

DeMar would be a better trade asset with Minnesota than Bargnani, imo.

Also, I wonder with the wheels falling off in LA - again - if the Wolves are still interested in Gasol. If the Lakers really want to move Gasol, they are going to do it on the cheap.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I don't see it making any sense for Minnesota not because I think very little of Bargnani but the composition and needs of the roster.

DeMar would be a better trade asset with Minnesota than Bargnani, imo.

Also, I wonder with the wheels falling off in LA - again - if the Wolves are still interested in Gasol. If the Lakers really want to move Gasol, they are going to do it on the cheap.
                True. I guess my thinking is that those 2 players aren't worth DeRozan.

From what I've heard, Minny hasn't been able to find takers for Williams any more than Toronto has found takers for Bargnani. I read an article someplace today (CNNSI I think) that Minnesota asked Orlando about Reddick and Orlando asked for Williams and a 1st round pick in return - just a tidbit speaking to the minimal value it would seem teams have placed on Williams, given his struggles to get playing time as a tweener.

From the Calderon trade, all we heard is how saturated the PG market is, so I can't see Minny having many takers for Ridnour either.

Given that the situation with Love is tenuous and that their only backup PFs are Cunningham and Amundson (expiring), I thought they might like an 'upgrade' at the backup PF spot. I thought a 2nd round pick (or even 2 2nd round picks) could be enough sweetener to get Minnesota to bite.

---

I agree that a 3-way trade with Lakers & Minnesota could be another option to land at least Ridnour, if not both of them (considering LA has seemed disinterested in Williams).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  The move in isolation warrants a C- based on the cap situation. But if we somehow find ways to trade/dump/amnesty Bargnani, Kleiza, DeRozan and/or Fields, the picture looks a lot brighter.

I'm excited about a core of Lowry, Gay, Jonas and Ross (and maybe even Amir).

A Lowry/Gay pairing might be enticing enough to attract a 3rd banana this summer....Millsap perhaps???
                  Pretty much totally agree here. More movement coming. The core of Lowry, Gay, Jonas and Ross is young, athletic, fast, fun to watch and can likely play better D than we have seen in Toronto. Ever.

People aren't talking about how we just traded two of our weaker defenders for an All star. I love Jose for all he brought, but at the end of the day he was a pylon on D. Davis was aweful on D as well. Yes he would get rebounds because of his quick leaping but that is it. It wasn't from boxing anyone out. Also both were at a premium for trade value that might have dropped with another Jose injury. Both performed against the weakest portion of the sched and both underperform against top caliber teams.

You have to believe that Derozan and Bargs are on the way out. BC has got to be looking at picks to keep the salaries down. Ross reminds me of a young MJ finding his way in college. Yes I actually said this. He just needs to find some con. 2 years from now he will be sick. First player I actually want to buy a Raps jersey of since VC - when he wasn't ultra soft.

Comment

Shohtime wrote: View Post
                    Pretty much totally agree here. More movement coming. The core of Lowry, Gay, Jonas and Ross is young, athletic, fast, fun to watch and can likely play better D than we have seen in Toronto. Ever.

First player I actually want to buy a Raps jersey of since VC - when he wasn't ultra soft.
                    The bright side is that they can also be very effective on offense. So it doesn't look like we are building one dimensional team.
                    The bolded made me laugh half ironically half crying.

Comment

Ok aside from taking on bad deals packaged with picks...cap space for Toronto is close to useless. The biggest free agent we have ever signed is like Hedo Turkoglu - although he is overpaid we could never sign some one of gay's caliber in free agency

Comment

Also, is this the leagues most athletic starting 5.
                        If we play smallball
                        Lowry
                        Ross
                        Demar
                        Gay
                        Amir
                        is off the chars-3 dunk contest guys and a pg who can dunk easily

Comment

Working...
                        X