New Raptors plan - post Gay trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
    Winning is profitable when you own the whole value chain as Rogers and Bell do...This smells a lot like the Blue Jays to me...green light to spend on elite level talent...they want to win and they want the downstream revenue that winning brings.
    DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i agree 100% Bell/Rogers paid a hefty sum for MLSE & im sure there planning for a cash cow revenue stream to make up the $ spent on the purchase..making trades like this at the very least generate a buzz that has most fans glued to sportsnet which also benefits the bottom line..Media/entertainment companys arnt going to want a team that isnt marketable
    In that case, I don't think the moves are going to all be before the Trade Deadline, I'd say they're gonna be spread out, because you can't acquire good to star players in just a couple of weeks, takes a loooooooooooooong time to orchestrate a huge deal in any sport. I don't think this was a HUGE deal, because there aren't many good players going from place to place, really there's a vet PG who's really good at passing and shooting, a young PF who could get better, another slightly above average vet SF, and a former all-star who's been struggling in the past few seasons.

Edit: Plus, AA (GM of the Jays) had a pretty good chunk of time in the offseason to get this done.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
      In that case, I don't think the moves are going to all be before the Trade Deadline, I'd say they're gonna be spread out, because you can't acquire good to star players in just a couple of weeks, takes a loooooooooooooong time to orchestrate a huge deal in any sport. I don't think this was a HUGE deal, because there aren't many good players going from place to place, really there's a vet PG who's really good at passing and shooting, a young PF who could get better, another slightly above average vet SF, and a former all-star who's been struggling in the past few seasons.

Edit: Plus, AA (GM of the Jays) had a pretty good chunk of time in the offseason to get this done.
      Gasol has been unhappy for months and BC has been offering BC for months. Another star player looking for a rejuvenation might be here sooner than we think..... if for nothing more than to send him on in the offseason to another team, like Minny:

As the Lakers prepare for their visit to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Friday night, Wolves point guard Ricky Rubio spoke out on behalf of fellow Spaniard Pau Gasol.

"[Gasol] proved to the league he is one of the best," Rubio told reporters in Minneapolis. "He can pass. He can shoot. He can rebound. He can do a lot of things. I think if you use him in the right way, he is a top player in this league. If they don't want him, we are more than welcome to get him."

Gasol has voiced his frustration multiple times this season, especially on his recent move to the bench.

"It's been the last two years that it seems like they don't want him, but actually they need him," Rubio said. "He's a great player. He can do a lot of things and he had some issues with the knees too. It's been a lot of years without resting for him. But he's a veteran. He knows how to play."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers...C6628117.story
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I just want a starting caliber Power Forward who can rebound and defend the paint. With Ellis expiring in Milwuakee, what if we give Derozan and Andrea for Henson, Udrih and Dalembert, and Lamb. Dalembert and Udrih are expiring so we get cap space. Personally I love Henson as a player - and he comes very cheap. A Henson, Jonas frontline going forward with Amir of the pine is pretty solid defensively.
        Henson's per 36 are great: 17 pts, 12 rbs and 1.6 blks all as a rookie

Comment

raptors98 wrote: View Post
          I just want a starting caliber Power Forward who can rebound and defend the paint. With Ellis expiring in Milwuakee, what if we give Derozan and Andrea for Henson, Udrih and Dalembert, and Lamb. Dalembert and Udrih are expiring so we get cap space. Personally I love Henson as a player - and he comes very cheap. A Henson, Jonas frontline going forward with Amir of the pine is pretty solid defensively.
          Henson's per 36 are great: 17 pts, 12 rbs and 1.6 blks all as a rookie
          I would prefer Amir. A rookie starting front court? I don't think so. I find that ppl are seriously not giving Amir favour cosinderation.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Both dd and gay can post up help has to come cause one of them will have a mismatch everyone just has to hit open shots and the team is good.

As long as Amir can hit that 15' footer we are good.
            On defense raps play help d so gay will be very good in this system

Comment

We saved money to spend it so forget about that anyone would do josh smith for Andrea ?

Comment

When i look at this roster right now. We're set at the 1,2,3,5 position. Lowry, DeRozan/Ross, Gay, JV.

What this team needs right now is a legit PF. Jefferson and Millsap i believe will be a UFA after this season correct? hmm
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  When i look at this roster right now. We're set at the 1,2,3,5 position. Lowry, DeRozan/Ross, Gay, JV.

What this team needs right now is a legit PF. Jefferson and Millsap i believe will be a UFA after this season correct? hmm
                  I think for either of them it would require a klieza amnesty and bargs for anyone with space for either an expiring or picks with No players coming back.

Comment

Also, I think Jefferson is going to get paid this year. he is a fantastic low post player. millsap should get bargs like money but could easily get over paid.

Comment

I'd take Millsap.

Comment

Working...
                      X