Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Four players we should target

Post Thanks / Like

Quote foxmachine wrote: View Post
    why is derrick williams even a suggestion at this point?? I didn't want him when we didn't have gay and i don't want him now
    its always marsha marsha marsha!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote AJ360 wrote: View Post
    its always marsha marsha marsha!!!!
    I wonder how many will get this?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I would assume the best way to get Williams would be to take on paying Brandon Roy, you think this could ever happen? http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a7drxb7

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No more mediocre wings please. We have Gay... we do not need Williams/Chandler/etc.

Now we should upgrade our backup PG and/or starting PF. Perhaps a starting C because JV is still 2 years away.

Blake was a good choice. I also like Udrih, Ridnour, or Tinsley as well. Guys that don't mind playing backup and can get the job done.

I've been pining for Millsap for a long time, so hell yah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    No more mediocre wings please. We have Gay... we do not need Williams/Chandler/etc.

Now we should upgrade our backup PG and/or starting PF. Perhaps a starting C because JV is still 2 years away.

Blake was a good choice. I also like Udrih, Ridnour, or Tinsley as well. Guys that don't mind playing backup and can get the job done.

I've been pining for Millsap for a long time, so hell yah!
    If only they could use Bargnani (and others) to faciliate a Gasol-to-Minny trade, getting Pekovic (starting C) and Ridnour (backup PG) in return, then trade DeRozan for Millsap (starting SF) at the deadline or as S&T in the summer!

LINEUP
    C: Pekovic, Valanciunas
    PF: Millsap, Johnson
    SF: Gay
    SG: Fields, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Ridnour

Such a good young lineup!

ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bayanb9
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone explain to me how Rudy gay is mediocre? The dude is one of the best clutch players in the league and an has elite athleticism. He's easily better than luol deng and he'll be an all star next season Guranteed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    If only they could use Bargnani (and others) to faciliate a Gasol-to-Minny trade, getting Pekovic (starting C) and Ridnour (backup PG) in return, then trade DeRozan for Millsap (starting SF) at the deadline or as S&T in the summer!

LINEUP
    C: Pekovic, Valanciunas
    PF: Millsap, Johnson
    SF: Gay
    SG: Fields, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Ridnour

Such a good young lineup!

ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bayanb9
    I really like that trade.. Obviously Rubio/Gasol have a bond which might help Gasol out (he's in a huge funk). Pekovic may leave after this year, but I'm actually okay with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Can someone explain to me how Rudy gay is mediocre? The dude is one of the best clutch players in the league and an has elite athleticism. He's easily better than luol deng and he'll be an all star next season Guranteed
    Not sure if this was because I used the word mediocre.. I was referring to Williams/Chandler not Gay.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this was because I used the word mediocre.. I was referring to Williams/Chandler not Gay.
    You sure made it sound like you said he was mediocre. Well sorry then

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

some ppl think he's mediocre because of his average stats (mainly fg% and PER) They have a point, but there is no doubting his talent and athleticism. Plus there is a good chance he'll return to his previous form, as a decline in production at his age is unlikely and probably not going to continue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    some ppl think he's mediocre because of his average stats (mainly fg% and PER) They have a point, but there is no doubting his talent and athleticism. Plus there is a good chance he'll return to his previous form since it seems to be the norm for him
    He's not mediocre at all. He's going to explode in Toronto

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    he is buried behind Kirilenko and Love... and he is a four with range. If your PG/SG and PF can drop threes at or around 35 - 40%...and your C can hammer people on screens and dive to the bucket... = easy offense.

2.) If you have Lowry/Ross/Gay/Williams on the floor then during crunch time defensive plays you switch on every screen. You will often see crunch time subs from many other teams in order to put someone out there that allows you to switch.
    Anytime ive seen DW play he's looked terrible. Maybe I missed his breakout games or games where he showed any potential and if that's the case... meh.. still don't want him

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not mediocre at all. He's going to explode in Toronto
    He'll show Demar what real Beast MOde is

Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote is Millsap (or any of the Jazz bigs), J.J. Hickson or Carl Landry. It would be nice to have a PF that plays around the basket, defends and rebounds. Anyone like that sound be acquired. Bargs, Anderson, Fields and Klieza can all go.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get trading for millsap. free agent in two months so unless it's fields and klieza why trade for him?

I am all for Williams and ridnour now. love ridnour. good pg. I would also take a flyer on Williams at the 4.

in the past I have been for Blake but he has been pretty broken down this year, so I would hope it's someone else.

really I would like to grab sullinger and melo off of Boston if possible. if we can turn bargs into something there, who cares we have no pick this year. I was one who really didn't want to draft sullinger but he has played well this year and not a single injury.

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thread, borderline shocked that people haven't proposed stupid trades yet....hmmm.

I really like all the people mentioned, wondering if we couldn't squeeze either Ridnour or Shved out of Minny on one of those trades. I think Pek has earned himself a lofty price tag, he's played great the last 1 1/2 seasons shocked he isn't getting more notice.

Lastly, I liked the Minny/Lakeshow/Toronto trade, but does Minny want to take on that type of a contract right now, with the likelihood that they'll be paying Roy for not playing? Just think it would be a tough sell.

Nice work everyone.
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    My vote is Millsap (or any of the Jazz bigs), J.J. Hickson or Carl Landry. It would be nice to have a PF that plays around the basket, defends and rebounds. Anyone like that sound be acquired. Bargs, Anderson, Fields and Klieza can all go.
    Agreed. I like those 3 names, although I would love to have Milsap over anyone else.

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just in terms of minor deals I wouldn't be opposed to something like this

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b6r68wh

I think at this point maybe someone like Ekpe might b worth seeing as a backup big, with Dalembert clearly being an expiring contract

I have no idea if Milwaukee would do a deal like this for a floor spacer like Bargnani and some depth at the wing like Anderson

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Scola.

If PHO goes after Josh Smith as reported, Scola is pushed back -
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like that trade.. Obviously Rubio/Gasol have a bond which might help Gasol out (he's in a huge funk). Pekovic may leave after this year, but I'm actually okay with that.
    This could perhaps be a more likely one, allowing Minnesota to keep Pekovic

ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaazpgz

Lakers
    - Bargnani is a floor-spreading PF, who fits better than Gasol
    - Williams is a talented young tweener, with a game similar to Odom during his Laker years (another floor-spreading forward), who could be let go after next season (team option for '14-15)
    - Amundson is required for Minnesota to balance salaries; expiring contract will likely just get waived
    - get a 1st round pick from Minnesota
    - save roughly $4M this season (pro-rated) and next season

Minnesota
    - get Gasol, who they covet, to team with Love & Rubio
    - get Anderson, who could play at SG for them (they've been playing backup PGs at SG)
    - dump Williams (they want him gone), Ridnour (4th PG) and Roy (not playing and could retire)
    - get to keep Pekovic

Toronto
    - dump Bargnani & Anderson
    - get Ridnour to be a solid backup PG for a season-and-a-half
    - hopefully Roy will retire, so his contract will come off the books
    - might possibly even be able to squeeze a 2nd round pick from Minnesota, if they're lucky
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Feb 1st, 2013 at 01:01 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information