No more mediocre wings please. We have Gay... we do not need Williams/Chandler/etc.
Now we should upgrade our backup PG and/or starting PF. Perhaps a starting C because JV is still 2 years away.
Blake was a good choice. I also like Udrih, Ridnour, or Tinsley as well. Guys that don't mind playing backup and can get the job done.
I've been pining for Millsap for a long time, so hell yah!
C: Pekovic, Valanciunas
PF: Millsap, Johnson
SG: Fields, Ross
PG: Lowry, Ridnour
Such a good young lineup!
ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bayanb9
Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 31st, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
Can someone explain to me how Rudy gay is mediocre? The dude is one of the best clutch players in the league and an has elite athleticism. He's easily better than luol deng and he'll be an all star next season Guranteed
"You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"
My vote is Millsap (or any of the Jazz bigs), J.J. Hickson or Carl Landry. It would be nice to have a PF that plays around the basket, defends and rebounds. Anyone like that sound be acquired. Bargs, Anderson, Fields and Klieza can all go.
I don't get trading for millsap. free agent in two months so unless it's fields and klieza why trade for him?
I am all for Williams and ridnour now. love ridnour. good pg. I would also take a flyer on Williams at the 4.
in the past I have been for Blake but he has been pretty broken down this year, so I would hope it's someone else.
really I would like to grab sullinger and melo off of Boston if possible. if we can turn bargs into something there, who cares we have no pick this year. I was one who really didn't want to draft sullinger but he has played well this year and not a single injury.
Good thread, borderline shocked that people haven't proposed stupid trades yet....hmmm.
I really like all the people mentioned, wondering if we couldn't squeeze either Ridnour or Shved out of Minny on one of those trades. I think Pek has earned himself a lofty price tag, he's played great the last 1 1/2 seasons shocked he isn't getting more notice.
Lastly, I liked the Minny/Lakeshow/Toronto trade, but does Minny want to take on that type of a contract right now, with the likelihood that they'll be paying Roy for not playing? Just think it would be a tough sell.
Nice work everyone.
i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.
Just in terms of minor deals I wouldn't be opposed to something like this
I think at this point maybe someone like Ekpe might b worth seeing as a backup big, with Dalembert clearly being an expiring contract
I have no idea if Milwaukee would do a deal like this for a floor spacer like Bargnani and some depth at the wing like Anderson
If PHO goes after Josh Smith as reported, Scola is pushed back -
The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.
ESPN Trade Machine: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaazpgz
- Bargnani is a floor-spreading PF, who fits better than Gasol
- Williams is a talented young tweener, with a game similar to Odom during his Laker years (another floor-spreading forward), who could be let go after next season (team option for '14-15)
- Amundson is required for Minnesota to balance salaries; expiring contract will likely just get waived
- get a 1st round pick from Minnesota
- save roughly $4M this season (pro-rated) and next season
- get Gasol, who they covet, to team with Love & Rubio
- get Anderson, who could play at SG for them (they've been playing backup PGs at SG)
- dump Williams (they want him gone), Ridnour (4th PG) and Roy (not playing and could retire)
- get to keep Pekovic
- dump Bargnani & Anderson
- get Ridnour to be a solid backup PG for a season-and-a-half
- hopefully Roy will retire, so his contract will come off the books
- might possibly even be able to squeeze a 2nd round pick from Minnesota, if they're lucky
Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Feb 1st, 2013 at 01:01 AM.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)