Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This franchise is finally going in the right direction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are very quick to judge the Grizzlies after (not even) a single game. They're playing with a severely depleted team and they clearly haven't had much to adjust playing without their leading scorer yet. Do I need to remind you they're 14 games above even?

I think we all need to relax..

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      As a Raps fan this is the best feeling i've felt since the VC era. I feel like next year and in the following years i feel like we have a team that is just not a playoff team but a team that could make some noise.
      Its too early to say Raps on right direction. Also, we have too many ppl on wings now. DD, RG, AA, LF, TR, MP, and LK but we don't have enough big man. Gay is new, and there is no reason to trade TR, Field is too $$$$, MP is unable to trade b4 deadline, AA is too old. We only could use AB7 and DD to exchange a useful PF.

If DD gone, will you say this is the right direction? Even we could keep DD, beside AJ and JV, we still short of useful big body.

What Matt52 said is the last hope/move of Raps. Otherwise, we only got the player you personally like, but I don't see too much improvement of the team.
      Last edited by Frynoodle; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
        You guys are very quick to judge the Grizzlies after (not even) a single game. They're playing with a severely depleted team and they clearly haven't had much to adjust playing without their leading scorer yet. Do I need to remind you they're 14 games above even?

I wasn't really being serious.. just a jab as they are having a bad game tonight

Comment

does Gay have a cockeye on the raptors.com homepage?

edit: i realize i said gay and cock in the same sentence

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
            does Gay have a cockeye on the raptors.com homepage?

edit: i realize i said gay and cock in the same sentence
            he looks like hes angry, but i guess if i was born with the name Gay id be looking pissed alot too LOL

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post

Lol We played a game after 2 of our players got traded and almost won. Don't gimme that BS, the Grizzlies just suck

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Lol We played a game after 2 of our players got traded and almost won. Don't gimme that BS, the Grizzlies just suck
                grizz have had a day to absorb the news too. there just too post oriented now.. Randolph was even saying how hard it was to score without Rudy on the floor when Rudy missed games attending the Funeral.. teams are just going to pile up in the lanes & take away the paint to force the likes of Bayless/Conley/prince/allen to beat them from outside

Comment

Memphis is seriously struggling. Especially when the offense is stagnant, end of game/end of clock situations, they are going to be very missing of Gay's ability to bail em' out.

Toronto seems to be put in those situations in the above, ALOT. It's safe to say we got a really good player in Gay. More that I think about it. Detroit got Jose, but it's unlikely he does much to impact their team overall. Ed Davis is the only corner piece for Memphis because like 'White men can't jump' mentioned, Prince is a shadow of his former self, and Austin Daye is a bust.

We got the best out of this deal in terms of on paper, although, it hurts our financial flexibility moving forward. Trading Bargnani + Fields/Kleiza/Anderson for an expiring big like Milsap + prospect, and if Kleiza isn't shipped, use the amnesty provision on him. Milsap being a free agent this off-season, amnesty Kleiza, that's maybe 15$ million in cap space freed up? Please correct if I'm mistaken with this. Just my assumptions.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    As a Raps fan this is the best feeling i've felt since the VC era. I feel like next year and in the following years i feel like we have a team that is just not a playoff team but a team that could make some noise.

The acquisition of Rudy Gay is tremendous. Still can't believe we got him for Jose and Ed. No offence to both but Jose after this season will likely be a goner. Davis? he's improved so much this season. But what exactly is his ceiling?

Raptors on the other hand is getting an all-star caliber type of player who's only 26 years old. A guy that can create his own shot, a guy that is capable of hitting big shots late in the game. A guy that will give them some respectability. He's everything the Raps need.

Raptors core right now - JV, Amir, Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Lowry. That's pretty good. Very young but so much potential.

JV and Ross upside i think is MASSIVE. Gay i think is an all-star caliber type of player. I think he's going to blossom here as the #1 option. Lowry i think is a very talented PG. One of the best if not the best rebounding PG in basketball. He needs to stay healthy though to be effective. Amir is a heart and soul type of player. Every team needs a guy like that. DD, i think is the one that will benefit the most with the Gay acquisition. All the pressure of being "the guy" is now on Gay. If he can continously put up 16-17ppg as the 2nd-3rd option on offence then that's huge for this team.

Hope ur right

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I agree, but disagree with the fact Memphis sucks.

Memphis is good, without Gay, they have proven they can go deep into the playoffs (2011 post-season). Adding a veteran like Prince (although not Prince of past), and Ed Davis to strengthen their big man rotation might be helpful.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
                        I think it'll go in the right direction, if Bargs/DD/Kleiza, and the other dead-weight players are moved for something worth-while.
                        Why would other teams trade the Raptors good players for ones that you yourself describe as deadweight?

Comment

wow it just hurt so bad to read jose's tweet and see his hashtag at the end #pistons so weird

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                            wow it just hurt so bad to read jose's tweet and see his hashtag at the end #pistons so weird

jose manuel calderon ‏@josemcalderon8
                            Busy day getting to Detroit. Tired but happy for the welcome. Great day with organization. Tomorrow meeting new teammates. #pistons

Ya I know what you mean it was very surreal like really hes gone???

Comment

It's good to see someone who likes this transaction.

I feel that this transaction is a huge mistake: that it removed the best (Calderon) and one of the best (Davis) players from the Raptors in return for a famous Gay mediocrity. I detest it so much that I am going to be a fair weather fan, and am going to sign off for the next few months, rather than watch what I feel will be the inevitable losses that will ensue.

If you can be that dumb with a trade, why should I suffer through watching the pain that ensues. I'll tune in next year to see how Valanciunas is coming along.
                              Is this guy serious? lol...Have you been watching raptors basketball for the last few years?? Jose our best player? Well that makes a hell of a lot sense as to why we haven't made the players if he's been our "best player".

Christ , thank goodness we finally were able to cash in on him. Realistically if we made this trade at the start of the season it wouldve of been the trade of the year.

Comment

C-Low wrote: View Post
                                Is this guy serious? lol...Have you been watching raptors basketball for the last few years?? Jose our best player? Well that makes a hell of a lot sense as to why we haven't made the players if he's been our "best player".

Christ , thank goodness we finally were able to cash in on him. Realistically if we made this trade at the start of the season it wouldve of been the trade of the year.
                                Yeah, like Kenny Smith said, if we had everyone healthy, and had this lineup at the beginning of the season, we likely would've won A LOT more games.

Comment

Working...
                                X