Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This franchise is finally going in the right direction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I'm still pissed that i have to wait till friday to see my man Rudy go to work. How long do these damn physicals even take? 15 mins? like c'mon
    u mean sunday?

Comment

anybody noticing how bad Memphis looks right now? just sayin... :P

I also think its kinda funny how during the game right now, none of the crew at halftime were saying anything about Toronto and what they might be like with gay (and they talked about the trade a lot) but people like chuck are now saying "I looooooove ed davis" ...yeah right, where were these comments while he was in Toronto? go south of the border and get instant love
      Last edited by Machine; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 10:40 PM.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
        Gettin destroyed!

Comment

They have to be demoralized.

There are reports Gay didn't quite mesh in locker room and he did not want to be in Memphis period but ownership clearly sent a message, "We are a have not team." Maybe this summer they can add some pieces to show it was the right move..... or maybe it is just one bad game.

Comment

I also think its kinda funny how during the game right now, none of the crew at halftime were saying anything about Toronto and what they might be like with gay (and they talked about the trade a lot) but people like chuck are now saying "I looooooove ed davis" ...yeah right, where were these comments while he was in Toronto? go south of the border and get instant love
            Yeah....I don't think anyone would argue it was a good trade for Memphis. While I do think if they decide to also trade Randolhps (which I suppose now they'll wait and probably do in the offseason or next year), Ed fits in very nicely next to Gasol, Prince is a shadow of his former self, and now they basically have zero offensive ability on the wing.

Comment

I'm actually kind of surprised Memphis couldn't find a better wing somewhere.

Comment

I really can't see memphis being as good without Gay... contenders need a legitimate perimeter threat

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  They have to be demoralized.

There are reports Gay didn't quite mesh in locker room and he did not want to be in Memphis period but ownership clearly sent a message, "We are a have not team." Maybe this summer they can add some pieces to show it was the right move..... or maybe it is just one bad game.
                  yeah I saw that post of yours, thought that was interesting

I keep having these thoughts that this move has almost been planned for a while.. Gay apparently said he had been talking to his friends on other teams to see what it would be like there, and that he welcomed a trade.. Lowry being so supportive of jose being a starter.. I feel like he must have known they were boosting his value to go after gay.. and maybe lowry, colangelo, and gay were all in on it.. you just know lowry woulda been more visibly upset about his backup role the past month if he didn't know they were gonna flip jose for something.. even his comments today made me wonder about this even more..

I could be crazy but hey it crossed my mind lol

Comment

Memphis is screwed, sucks to be a grizzly fan

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                      It's good to see someone who likes this transaction.

I feel that this transaction is a huge mistake

I'd replace the word mistake with 'Gamble'. It's a transaction that can either reap rewards or not. As Bryan said in an interview, although a significant one, he's not done, There's more coming.

The thing that surprises me most is that he is being allowed to make all these moves which only indicates that he has MLSE's blessings and is probably going to stick around for at-least one more year.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

i see bayless is still a chucker too, there team looks lost..& frustrated not sure how much Prince is going to help & i dont see ed getting alot of burn either

Memphis front office is fucked! & guys are already distancing themselves from the gay trade basicly putting Hollinger responsible. LOL
                        Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:03 PM.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                          i see bayless is still a chucker too, there team looks lost..& frustrated not sure how much Prince is going to help & i dont see ed getting alot of burn either
                          I agree

Comment

hmmm RaptorsMR tweeted an hour ago that its still possible Gay could be in the linup tomorrow but everything has to fall into place

Comment

hmmm RaptorsMR tweeted an hour ago that its still possible Gay could be in the linup tomorrow but everything has to fall into place
                              thats good to hear, lord knows were going to have our hands full with the Clips

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                In keeping with the title of this thread..........

The Raptors - THE RAPTORS! - of all teams are in position to take advantage of other teams struggles on the court, in the locker room, and in the accounting books.

I hope the situation in LAL with Gasol works out in the Raptors favor as well. There is not going to be a large market for Gasol.... likely none outside of Minnesota and Toronto. The problem LA has is the Wolves are fighting for the same playoff spot they are and they may not make good trade partners. My assumption is Minnesota wants Gasol and LAL are looking to deal him.... those thoughts are probably fatally flawed but whatever.....

So lets ride with the assumption that Minnesota wants Gasol. Lets also assume LAL are interested in Bargnani. Let us also assume the salary cap and luxury tax goes up $5M each to $63M and $75.9M. Finally lets assume Kleiza is amnestied. Lets see how much fun thinking positively can be:

1) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aveunm9
                                Lakers just saved about $50M.
                                Raptors get backup PG, Roy is medical retirement so $5.1M in cap space, and Pekovic is a restricted free agent.

2) In doing this Raps payroll for next season goes from $74.4M to:

minus Kleiza $4.6
                                minus Bargnani add Barea: minus $6M

So Raptors payroll is down to just over $63M which is new cap giving them full MLE to use.

3) Raptors also have Pekovic and DeRozan as trade assets.

Or the Raptors could hold Gasol until off season at which point Minnesota has to make a decision on Pekovic when someone makes an absurd DeAndre Jordan/Roy Hibbert like offer and Minnesota is also in possession of much more cap space and a likely high lotto draft pick (currently top 13 protected).

Anyways, we'll all see what happens soon enough. Bargnani needs to get back out there first of all. The Raptors future may be brighter and more flexible than I previously thought.

Maybe the Lakers would take DeRozan and Bargnani for parting with Gasol... either directly to Toronto or somewhere else. That certainly opens up a lot of flexibility again for Toronto.

Next 3 weeks are going to be VERY interesting.
                                I would be ok with this move....but I don't think the Lakers would want it. And I don't think they'd take back both Demar and Bargs. I know the Lakers may not find a huge market for Gasol, but I think the Lakers are always in a position where they never make a trade just to make a trade. They are pretty much always winners in their trade. Bargs and Anderson isn't enough for them to be able to go to their fanbase and say "now we're back on track to a championship".

What do you think of this, Matt? This is your trade, somewhat, then expanded to include Atlanta, where LAL get Smith and Bargnani, as well as Gray for a large body insurance behind Howard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7qse5e

-Minny gets the same as before, plus Alan Anderson, since they're thin at the wings.
                                -With Smith and Bargs in LA, they won't mind not getting an extra wing like Alan. In the offense, Bargs can sit at the perimter like a 3, and they can run screens with Nash and Smith/Howard. If they want an extra wing, maybe Alan does go here instead...not dealbreaker issue really.
                                -Atlanta gets a promising replacement for Smith in Williams, and a decent prospect for a utility forward in Clark (always liked him and thought he just needed a chance to play). Roy can be waived or whatever htey do when he's forced to retire again from injury.
                                -Toronto gets Peko, a stopgap option at C as JV develops. Instead if Barea, I prefer Ridnour. I'd be happy with either, but I think Ridnour is a better spot up shooter, and offers that nice slowdown pace. I think with Ridnour, you try and develop Gay, Demar and Ross to play with the ball more when he's on the court, because Barea monopolizes the ball more as a score-first guard. As for Sacre...he's just hometown filler. I could easily see it being a PF, maybe Tolliver from Atlanta, to backup Amir for the rest of the season.

The only problem with mine vs. yours I think is that I can't find a way to get the extra 5 million off our books that Roy would offer. But other than that, it's not really that I like it more (other than Ridnour over Barea), but that I think LA will be looking for something like this.
                                Last edited by white men can't jump; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X