View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    The whole Memphis situation is turning inwards on itself. Their struggles seem like nothing compared to what Toronto has had to go through this past season, or two.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ing-to-a-halt/
    I watched that game and they looked a mess out there.

They aren't playing at all like they have the last two years. They are going to be first round fodder unless something miraculous happens.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mods are such haters this should be a sticky !!

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I watched that game and they looked a mess out there.

They aren't playing at all like they have the last two years. They are going to be first round fodder unless something miraculous happens.
    Agreed....I still can't believe they did THIS trade. Prince is ok, but an obvious downgrade. They now have nobody to back up Gasol. With Prince and Allen, they're extremely limited on the wings, and still not deep, so they didn't even address that. The owners can say whatever they want, but they are clearly not serious about contending. THey are trying to turn the team they bought into a perennial mediocre playoff team, so they can make some money every year and always justify not spending more by saying they belive the team they have can win and just needs to play better.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

-
    #FREE

Post Thanks / Like

More hate from Memphis:

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news...same-rudy-gay/

In some ways, Rudy reminds of a car I had in my foolish youth (and yes, that’s a redundancy). A sleek and fast Camaro, my car looked fantastic sitting in the driveway or at a stoplight, where it earned me the occasional unsolicited compliment from another driver: “Hey man, nice wheels.”

But that Camaro also spent a lot of time in the shop and in my wallet. The moving parts always seemed to be slightly out of sync – sort of like the Grizzlies’ offense with Rudy, who had a tendency to stop ball movement and repeat his favorite mistakes: shooting contested jump shots and dribbling into defenders and turning the ball over.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

25 Points, 12 Rebounds, 3 Assist, 4 Steals. He had an off night shooting. I feel like he took too many threes(1-7). The think liked that he found other ways to be helpful to the team 12Rebs, 3Ast, 4Stl. Also holding Pierce to 2-11 2-7. He is more than just a scorer. Everyday this trade gets better and better. I'm really excited about the Gay/George matchup tomorrow. I personally think that Gay is the better player. I think who ever has the better game will decide who wins this game.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    25 Points, 12 Rebounds, 3 Assist, 4 Steals. He had an off night shooting. I feel like he took too many threes(1-7). The think liked that he found other ways to be helpful to the team 12Rebs, 3Ast, 4Stl. Also holding Pierce to 2-11 2-7. He is more than just a scorer. Everyday this trade gets better and better. I'm really excited about the Gay/George matchup tomorrow. I personally think that Gay is the better player. I think who ever has the better game will decide who wins this game.

1. completely agree on Gay; I'm very excited that we have him on our team

2. sadly, even if Gay has a monster game, I can see Indiana pulling off the win without George being effective. But, hoping for an upset!

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay theme song:

"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay theme song:

I approve of this message.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see him get the rim more. He need to improve his %FG just atleast to the .455 range

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see him get the rim more. He need to improve his %FG just atleast to the .455 range
    there was some plays last night he would always dunk on but went for a layup and I was like what are you doing Rudy you go for Posters all the time, but he was getting fouled and no calls so whatever.

Rudy Gay its your team homie @Chr1s1anL get Fields out of there and insert Rudy Gay!

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    there was some plays last night he would always dunk on but went for a layup and I was like what are you doing Rudy you go for Posters all the time, but he was getting fouled and no calls so whatever.
    Yeah I saw that too, but fact is the Pacers have a 7'2 starting center... I guess it's not that easy to put a guy like this on a poster!

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay its your team homie @Chr1s1anL get Fields out of there and insert Rudy Gay!
    Lol as soon as I find a pic. The reason I'm not upset is cause this low percentage has been against good defensive teams(Clippers, Miami, Boston and Indianna).

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we all saw Rudy Gay's true value last night.

First, was the obvious, that game-winning shot against George. The Raptors paid for a guy who will be able to win them games and Gay delivered.

Second, 15 points in the final quarter. The Raptors needed a guuy who can take over the 4th quarter, get points for them when the offense goes dry.

Lastly, that play that gave Amir the tying basket. After Amir made the shot to get the Raptors within 2, while everybody was scrambling, Gay was the only one aware of what West was going to do and anticipated the pass to steal the ball and got it to Amir before he stepped on the halfcourt line and gave the Raptors Amir's game tying bucket. If the Raptors didnt make the trade, who do you think among the Raptors wouldve had the presence of mind to anticipate West's pass? I say nobody. West wouldve become the hero as Armstrong wouldve taken that pass and dribbled the clock out.

That my friends, is what the Raptors are paying $17 million for.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Sat Feb 9th, 2013 at 10:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I think we all saw Rudy Gay's true value last night.

First, was the obvious, that game-winning shot against George. The Raptors paid for a guy who will be able to win them games and Gay delivered.

Second, 15 points in the final quarter. The Raptors needed a guuy who can take over the 4th quarter, get points for them when the offense goes dry.

Lastly, that play that gave Amir the tying basket. After Amir made the shot to get the Raptors within 2, while everybody was scrambling, Gay was the only one aware of what West was going to do and anticipated the pass to steal the ball and got it to Amir before he stepped on the halfcourt line and gave the Raptors Amir's game tying bucket. If the Raptors didnt make the trade, who do you think among the Raptors wouldve had the presence of mind to anticipate West's pass? I say nobody. West wouldve become the hero as Armstrong wouldve taken that pass and dribbled the clock out.

That my friends, is what the Raptors are paying $17 million for.
    Beyond that, I've been quite impressed with his leadership. He really seems to be taking the young guys - DeRozan, Ross , Amir, Valanciunas - under his wing and encouraging them. I was pushing for the Raps to acquire Gay for a long time and he's already exceeded my expectations, just from all the intangibles he brings to the team.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Beyond that, I've been quite impressed with his leadership. He really seems to be taking the young guys - DeRozan, Ross , Amir, Valanciunas - under his wing and encouraging them. I was pushing for the Raps to acquire Gay for a long time and he's already exceeded my expectations, just from all the intangibles he brings to the team.
    I'm on the same boat Calgary. Especially, because our second option - Demar Derozan - is now playing without pressure, and showing his true colours as a player. A very good 2nd option, behind a star 1st option.

Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Gay's leadership. It seems that he already has more respect from the players than Casey. We should just make him a head coach and demote Casey to assistant coach. Coaching wise it shouldn't really harm our play that much, huh?

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
    I like Gay's leadership. It seems that he already has more respect from the players than Casey. We should just make him a head coach and demote Casey to assistant coach. Coaching wise it shouldn't really harm our play that much, huh?
    He brings a winning attitude, a young veteran, and he attracts the respect because he is a great player.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gay and DeRozan are LEGIT!

Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Kyle and Amir hang out a lot thats team building, I dont think anyone took that kind of lead chemistry wise in Raptor land since well ever. Fields just hangs with his girl everyday.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gay and DeRozan are LEGIT!

Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Kyle and Amir hang out a lot thats team building, I dont think anyone took that kind of lead chemistry wise in Raptor land since well ever. Fields just hangs with his girl everyday.
    I dont think ANYONE blames him..
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information