• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Gay out at club "Time" tonight
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Rudy Gay out at club "Time" tonight
      You'd think one of the Toronto vets would've told him which clubs are awful by now.

Comment

• Two straight games shooting over .500 👍hopefully this keeps ups.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Career wise Rudy has played in 137 games where he has scored at least 20pts and shot better than or equal to .500. He has played a total of 218 games where he has scored at least 20 points. So 63% of the time when he scores at least 20 he's shooting at least .500. That's not bad in my opinion.

Those numbers are from BBR.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Career wise Rudy has played in 137 games where he has scored at least 20pts and shot better than or equal to .500. He has played a total of 218 games where he has scored at least 20 points. So 63% of the time when he scores at least 20 he's shooting at least .500. That's not bad in my opinion.

Those numbers are from BBR.
            That's a poor cherry pick. You usually have to shoot well to put up a good volume of points. 70.79% of the time that a player has scored 20+ points this season, they shot better than 50%. That's 1575 out of 2225 20+ point performances. Just saying.

Also from basketball-reference.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
              ugggghhhh, nothing more to say than, Ross will make all y'all eat your words. Its a wait and see, but Ross is going to own this league one day.

I wonder if fans remember the Tracy Mcgrady fellow... the young athletic wing with lazy eyes, the one we dropped right before his absolute evisceration of every teams defense.

If we miss out on Demar and Ross in their primes, just like we missed McGrady and Carter in their primes, Id finally give credence to the old adage that History repeats itself.
              he broke up with us remember.

Comment

• I just found this on youtube. He's got a sense of humor i'll give him that

Comment

• So Rudy Gay is not going to be shut down for the season and will be Day to day quoted as: "I want to be with my team every game is a learning experience for all of us I want to be with my guys."

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    So Rudy Gay is not going to be shut down for the season and will be Day to day quoted as: "I want to be with my team every game is a learning experience for all of us I want to be with my guys."
                    This is a good sign. Hopefully he finishes the season with a bang

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      This is a good sign. Hopefully he finishes the season with a bang
                      Cue Mike Breen.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• I hope Rudy see this!

http://youtu.be/X1Jad_JM_mY
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Simmons has a great point about his inability to shoot from long-range, but the key word is capability.

In my opinion, anyone that thinks Memphis can win the championship or win in the playoffs without Rudy is silly. Rudy is a guy that attracts defensive attention, regardless of how bad his shooting percentage is and how many shots he takes, what, you're going to leave him wide open and play another player because he is shooting 21% from 3? The key word is capability, and Rudy's skill-set is able to make things easier for his teammates, especially with that system in Memphis where they throw the ball inside, and if it's not there, they can reset out and swing, or depending on clock situations, Rudy can create.

Rudy's inability to score efficiently and shoot bad percentages from outside in the playoffs is not a great argument to say he isn't needed, due to the fact in the playoffs, the entire team percentage is shot at a very low rate. Carmelo took I believe 30+ shots to get 36 points, but he was able to make defenses shift, and put their attention on him, not to mention he was able to make and hit the shots where it really mattered. Someone that can create looks at the basket, skill-set to shoot the basketball, and attracting the extra defenders opens up a lot for the team.

That's why scorers i.e Durant, Gay, Melo are more successful on their own as the franchise guy with role players, than having a passive all-around player as the guy alone on the wing.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Great find. Just embedding so people can check it out here...

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Great find. Just embedding so people can check it out here...

Now Im not just a Rudy Gay homer here, but that guy bashing him is so ignorant, I dont know if anyone is watching Memphis LAC series but its disgusting they really miss Rudy Gay, last season Gay wasnt even completely healthy just came back from a season ending shoulder injury so he had to adjust obviously.

Dude is crazy to say Gay doesnt matter, the Memphis offense has become stagnant without him, if you thought Raps ran a lot of iso watch a Memphis game after the Rudy Gay trade. Ed and Bayless are playing good and the defenseof Memphis is still great. Kudos to Wilbon and Rose respect those guysthere are some analysts out there worth listening to.

Comment

• Memphis is getting torn to shreds by the Clippers. I knew they would struggle in the playoffs without an athletic wing scorer like Gay. No matter how good your post game is, you need shot creators and 3 pt shooters to space the floor. Memphis has none, I'm pretty sure they are dead last in 3pt shooting

Comment

Working...
                                X