View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay out at club "Time" tonight

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay out at club "Time" tonight
    You'd think one of the Toronto vets would've told him which clubs are awful by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Two straight games shooting over .500 👍hopefully this keeps ups.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Career wise Rudy has played in 137 games where he has scored at least 20pts and shot better than or equal to .500. He has played a total of 218 games where he has scored at least 20 points. So 63% of the time when he scores at least 20 he's shooting at least .500. That's not bad in my opinion.

Those numbers are from BBR.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Career wise Rudy has played in 137 games where he has scored at least 20pts and shot better than or equal to .500. He has played a total of 218 games where he has scored at least 20 points. So 63% of the time when he scores at least 20 he's shooting at least .500. That's not bad in my opinion.

Those numbers are from BBR.
    That's a poor cherry pick. You usually have to shoot well to put up a good volume of points. 70.79% of the time that a player has scored 20+ points this season, they shot better than 50%. That's 1575 out of 2225 20+ point performances. Just saying.

Also from basketball-reference.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    ugggghhhh, nothing more to say than, Ross will make all y'all eat your words. Its a wait and see, but Ross is going to own this league one day.

I wonder if fans remember the Tracy Mcgrady fellow... the young athletic wing with lazy eyes, the one we dropped right before his absolute evisceration of every teams defense.

If we miss out on Demar and Ross in their primes, just like we missed McGrady and Carter in their primes, Id finally give credence to the old adage that History repeats itself.
    he broke up with us remember.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found this on youtube. He's got a sense of humor i'll give him that
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

8. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Rudy Gay is not going to be shut down for the season and will be Day to day quoted as: "I want to be with my team every game is a learning experience for all of us I want to be with my guys."

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So Rudy Gay is not going to be shut down for the season and will be Day to day quoted as: "I want to be with my team every game is a learning experience for all of us I want to be with my guys."
    This is a good sign. Hopefully he finishes the season with a bang

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    This is a good sign. Hopefully he finishes the season with a bang
    Cue Mike Breen.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Default I hope Rudy see this!

http://youtu.be/X1Jad_JM_mY

13. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Simmons has a great point about his inability to shoot from long-range, but the key word is capability.

In my opinion, anyone that thinks Memphis can win the championship or win in the playoffs without Rudy is silly. Rudy is a guy that attracts defensive attention, regardless of how bad his shooting percentage is and how many shots he takes, what, you're going to leave him wide open and play another player because he is shooting 21% from 3? The key word is capability, and Rudy's skill-set is able to make things easier for his teammates, especially with that system in Memphis where they throw the ball inside, and if it's not there, they can reset out and swing, or depending on clock situations, Rudy can create.

Rudy's inability to score efficiently and shoot bad percentages from outside in the playoffs is not a great argument to say he isn't needed, due to the fact in the playoffs, the entire team percentage is shot at a very low rate. Carmelo took I believe 30+ shots to get 36 points, but he was able to make defenses shift, and put their attention on him, not to mention he was able to make and hit the shots where it really mattered. Someone that can create looks at the basket, skill-set to shoot the basketball, and attracting the extra defenders opens up a lot for the team.

That's why scorers i.e Durant, Gay, Melo are more successful on their own as the franchise guy with role players, than having a passive all-around player as the guy alone on the wing.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Great find. Just embedding so people can check it out here...

16. Like Letter N, Rapstor4Life, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Great find. Just embedding so people can check it out here...

Now Im not just a Rudy Gay homer here, but that guy bashing him is so ignorant, I dont know if anyone is watching Memphis LAC series but its disgusting they really miss Rudy Gay, last season Gay wasnt even completely healthy just came back from a season ending shoulder injury so he had to adjust obviously.

Dude is crazy to say Gay doesnt matter, the Memphis offense has become stagnant without him, if you thought Raps ran a lot of iso watch a Memphis game after the Rudy Gay trade. Ed and Bayless are playing good and the defenseof Memphis is still great. Kudos to Wilbon and Rose respect those guysthere are some analysts out there worth listening to.

18. Like NoPropsneeded liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Memphis is getting torn to shreds by the Clippers. I knew they would struggle in the playoffs without an athletic wing scorer like Gay. No matter how good your post game is, you need shot creators and 3 pt shooters to space the floor. Memphis has none, I'm pretty sure they are dead last in 3pt shooting
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

If stuff like this doesn't motivate Rudy than nothing will. Being called a poor player on national TV. I'm actually mad for him right now.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Memphis is getting torn to shreds by the Clippers. I knew they would struggle in the playoffs without an athletic wing scorer like Gay. No matter how good your post game is, you need shot creators and 3 pt shooters to space the floor. Memphis has none, I'm pretty sure they are dead last in 3pt shooting
    1. The Clippers only shot 1.3% better from 3pt range (35.8%, on 21.4 attempts) than the Grizzlies (34.5% on 13.5 attempts).
    2. Somehow, you think the Grizzlies are poor from three, despite Gay's contributions (31% on 3.1 attempts), not because of it.

Post Thanks / Like

If stuff like this doesn't motivate Rudy than nothing will. Being called a poor player on national TV. I'm actually mad for him right now.
    Now that hes in Canada he will be referred to as a bad player by the media, hope it does fire him up. I dont know who that guy bashing in the vid is but honestly why is his opinion even addressed? lol how do some people become analysts?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Gay trade was a financial / cap trade by the Grizzlies, not a basketball trade. I can't imagine someone seriously arguing that Prince is giving them more than Gay would in the playoffs. Prince plays okay defense, but he is not a very efficient scorer by any means, and he never has been (career: 12.6 pts on 11.1 shots per game).

The guys in that video that actually played basketball seemed unanimous in saying that you have to guard Gay, while Simmons seemed to think you could just leave him alone. I can't recall any team deliberately sagging off on Gay and letting him shoot uncontested jumpers. If they did, I expect that his FG% would be much higher. The point is that he is the focal point of perimeter defenses, and that does take some pressure off other players on offense.

LeBron James is .313 lifetime (playoffs) for 3FG, including .259 in last year's championship run. I doubt that any team is going to sag off of him at the 3pt line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Now that hes in Canada he will be referred to as a bad player by the media, hope it does fire him up. I dont know who that guy bashing in the vid is but honestly why is his opinion even addressed? lol how do some people become analysts?
    I agree his image is slowly changing. It use to be an explosive wing scorers that's a tad overpaid. Now it's just an overpaid wing. I like how Wilbon was like "stats are bull shit". I really hope Rudy see this. He seems like the type of person who cares what ppl think of him. I tweet it to him. Here's hoping it lights a fire. This won't be the last time we hear this type of criticism about him.

Thread Information