View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I think most are in that (previously stickied) 'getting-to-know-you (or how was it called again?) thread. For some reason, I don't think yours was ...
    Right you are. I forgot about that thread. Forgetting more frequently is a function of my age. :-)

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Right you are. I forgot about that thread. Forgetting more frequently is a function of my age. :-)
    My guess is that you're like 78, which, coincidentally, is the exact combined age of all moderators.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is that you're like 78, which, coincidentally, is the exact combined age of all moderators.
    You can see why I am in a "win now" mode as a Raptor fan.

4. Like Joey, ReubenJRD, TRX liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy thoughts of the day:

There were rumours for literally 2-3 years on Memphis trading Rudy Gay to Golden State. There appears to be enough content out there to say it was discussed between the two teams. When the Grizz decided to trade Gay this season, GSW were rumoured. Problem was they did not have any expiring contracts or substantially less paid wing who could contribute (Tayshaun Prince) and that is what they were looking for in any deal hence no GSW trades to ponder. Jerry West is also a fan of Gay.

By the way, all the above talking/background points come from here.

So with all that said, crazy thoughts of the day:

1) Gay to Golden State for Jefferson and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

2) Gay and Bargnani to Golden State for Jefferson, Biedrins, and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

I'm crazy, right?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

There were rumours for literally 2-3 years on Memphis trading Rudy Gay to Golden State. There appears to be enough content out there to say it was discussed between the two teams. When the Grizz decided to trade Gay this season, GSW were rumoured. Problem was they did not have any expiring contracts or substantially less paid wing who could contribute (Tayshaun Prince) and that is what they were looking for in any deal hence no GSW trades to ponder. Jerry West is also a fan of Gay.

1) Gay to Golden State for Jefferson and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

2) Gay and Bargnani to Golden State for Jefferson, Biedrins, and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

I'm crazy, right?
    I would have to say yes, but you never know.

Important factors:

-Colangelo and his zany ways. IF he is retained, well then I have a hard time seeing him trade Gay. He's been after him for years.

-GSW's playoff performance. If they beat SAS, or even just play the series strong, I don't know how much they want to make changes, and more importantly, how much they want to trade young players coming off strong playoff performances. Thompson and Barnes have both been pretty impressive in their first playoff experience.

Conclusion...Yeah, I think you're a bit crazy. Again, you never know, but I'd seriously question the competence of GSW's management/ownership if they went down this path.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys I would love it if you check out this Rudy Gay mix I made, and if you can, please share with others! Thanks.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm crazy, right?
    Lol. You're kidding right?

No one in their right mind would trade Barnes + Klay for Gay. Heck, i wouldn't even trade Barnes or Klay straight up for Gay.

This is not a shot on Gay who i think is an all-star caliber type of player. But Barnes and Klay Thompson are two of the BEST young players in the game.

GS is one of the best up and coming young team in the league. If Lee and Curry were healthy and if Barnes didn't get injured in Game 6. There's no doubt that they would be where the Spurs are right now...in the Conference Finals.
    Last edited by TRex; Mon May 20th, 2013 at 02:12 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Lol. You're kidding right?

No one in their right mind would trade Barnes + Klay for Gay. Heck, i wouldn't even trade Barnes or Klay straight up for Gay.

This is not a shot on Gay who i think is an all-star caliber type of player. But Barnes and Klay Thompson are two of the BEST young players in the game.

GS is one of the best up and coming young team in the league. If Lee and Curry were healthy and if Barnes didn't get injured in Game 6. There's no doubt that they would be where the Spurs are right now...in the Conference Finals.
    No doubt eh? Shoulda coulda woulda is a game for losers. Classic raptor fan thinking which doesn't change the fact the Ws lost.

If I was not clear maybe I should have said a pick and one of Klay or Barnes.

You also forget many trades are done for nonbasketball reasons.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors just got Gay (LOL!) ahem*

Gay was brought here by BC but allowed by the MLSE directors above ans sice his acquisition he has been a poster boy for the team alongside DeMar and JV Gay isnt being discussed in trade talks at all, hes a part of the current team moving forward.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt, have you already given up on Rudy Gay? That shocks me because you were the most vocal fan in wanting Rudy Gay in Toronto.

Would I do that trade if I was the GSW GM? No, my team improved dramatically this season and Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are good players on friendly rookie scale contracts. Why give one and a pick for a player who is way overpaid?

Memphis shopped Gay for a long time and all we had to give up is Ed Davis + Jose Calderon and a 2nd round pick. I would not give up Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes for Ed Davis and I would not have given up a first round pick for an expiring contract, however much I like Jose. Second round picks typically have very short and unproductive careers and I seriously doubt it would impact the trade.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You also forget many trades are done for nonbasketball reasons.
    This is most certainly true... but what non-basketball reason would Golden State have to make that trade? o_O

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRX wrote: View Post
    This is most certainly true... but what non-basketball reason would Golden State have to make that trade? o_O
    Yeah. I hate to do it, but I have to disagree with you Matt. The Warriors are in a perfect position right now with their young core. This was an amazing season for that team...I don't see any reason for them to break up anything apart from Jarrett Jack (UFA).
    Twitter - @thekid_it

14. Like rocwell liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Yeah. I hate to do it, but I have to disagree with you Matt. The Warriors are in a perfect position right now with their young core. This was an amazing season for that team...I don't see any reason for them to break up anything apart from Jarrett Jack (UFA).
    I have no doubt that they'll be shopping Jack + and 1st rounder. But Barnes or Klay... Both potential stars + on rookie scale contracts. No fu*king way.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

Hey guys I would love it if you check out this Rudy Gay mix I made, and if you can, please share with others! Thanks.
    I liked it. I was working on one but i keep putting it off. I'll probably try to finish it during my spare time
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say Rudy is ridiculously efficient in your mix Reuben.

18. Like ReubenJRD, d749, TRX, isaacthompson liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta say Rudy is ridiculously efficient in your mix Reuben.
    Screw the haters yo
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hugmenot wrote: View Post
    Matt, have you already given up on Rudy Gay? That shocks me because you were the most vocal fan in wanting Rudy Gay in Toronto.

Would I do that trade if I was the GSW GM? No, my team improved dramatically this season and Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are good players on friendly rookie scale contracts. Why give one and a pick for a player who is way overpaid?

Memphis shopped Gay for a long time and all we had to give up is Ed Davis + Jose Calderon and a 2nd round pick. I would not give up Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes for Ed Davis and I would not have given up a first round pick for an expiring contract, however much I like Jose. Second round picks typically have very short and unproductive careers and I seriously doubt it would impact the trade.
    Have not given up on gay. It was part of thought process in blowing up team which I since thought better of. There is redundancy in dd and gay. Was just exploring options.

In terms of what gay returned you have to remember Memphis was particular in what they were to bring back. The CBA adds degree of difficulty in making deals and maximizing returns.

Post Thanks / Like

They have $20m sitting tied up in Jefferson and biedrins with Jerry West being a fan of Gay's.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Both Jefferson and Biedrins are expiring contracts this upcoming season. They'll be eating way more salary than they're sending out and for more years. I don't see how you can play the salary dump angle here at all. And I'm pretty sure it takes more than "being a fan of" to make such a lopsided trade. I would probably venture that he's a fan of Barnes and Thompson as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Both Jefferson and Biedrins are expiring contracts this upcoming season. They'll be eating way more salary than they're sending out and for more years. I don't see how you can play the salary dump angle here at all. And I'm pretty sure it takes more than "being a fan of" to make such a lopsided trade. I would probably venture that he's a fan of Barnes and Thompson as well.
    Who said dump? If you insist on conversing quit putting words in my mouth.

$20m for two guys who'll never play? You do not see how that might be a waste of resources versus a guy in his prime who would come off books following season?

But no you keep thinking inside the box.

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information