View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay never being an all star is a snub imo
    If you want to call it a snub, you've gotta say who he should have replaced, in which year. Remember, prior to last season it was divided into Guards, Forwards, and Centers, so he could only replace other forwards. You gonna take out Durant? Melo? Love? Nowitzki? Duncan? Griffin? Championship-form Gasol?

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty amused that about 60% of the people here that voted think Ed Davis is better for Toronto than Rudy Gay.

3. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's absurd
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To sum up Rudy Gay all because he was never an All Star it doesnt mean he has never played like one or is one in my book he's had some crazy games and good stats over his career. Not to mention he has a rare thing Rudy Gay has the "Clutch Gene"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy looks like a badman, 20 pounds of muscle if dude starts penetrating to the basket more, eficiency increases a bit more of posting up he's gonna be an allstar

Post Thanks / Like

Fear the opt-out contract year!

Gay (and Lowry) scare the poop out of me with the off-season physical transformation.

It reminds me of a former Raptor entering his contract year before bolting to be the third wheel.

Just saying.....
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Fear the opt-out contract year!

Gay (and Lowry) scare the poop out of me with the off-season physical transformation.

It reminds me of a former Raptor entering his contract year before bolting to be the third wheel.

Just saying.....
    What makes me super nervous is that two parts of the core are potentially playing in contract years. Both looking for extensions and big contracts. This is good for the team overall this year because their play can help push them into the playoffs.. but that could create a fool's gold situation where once they get their big fat contract they can regress to their means.. The Raptors will then be stuck with two overpaid veterans on their core, and could then be stuck in mediocrity hell.

The thing that makes me less nervous is that Bryan is gone. MU may use their play as trade bait, but we don't really know what he wants to do either.

9. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    What makes me super nervous is that two parts of the core are potentially playing in contract years. Both looking for extensions and big contracts. This is good for the team overall this year because their play can help push them into the playoffs.. but that could create a fool's gold situation where once they get their big fat contract they can regress to their means.. The Raptors will then be stuck with two overpaid veterans on their core, and could then be stuck in mediocrity hell.

The thing that makes me less nervous is that Bryan is gone. MU may use their play as trade bait, but we don't really know what he wants to do either.
    So many questions, so few answers, so much waiting.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Under normal circumstances, Lowry and Gay's contract years would make me nervous. But with Ujiri here, I'm confident he won't be fooled into paying for 1-year's worth of heightened production. He's too savvy for that.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

12. Like JimiCliff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's sad to think they these 2 "core" players could play great for their contracts, lifting the team away from it's rightful place deep in the lottery in the best draft class, then either bolt or get bad deals.

Hoping MU sells high when the chance is there.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh. It frustrates the hell out of me that Rudy and Kyle are putting this much work in just for the pay day. Why wouldn't you do it anyways? Isn't the point of being the league trying to become the best player you can be every day, and not just a year before your contract is up?

Every GM in the league must know about the contract-year phenomenon by now. Very unprofessional imo.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry is playing for a chance to stay here be lead pg Rudy not so much Ujiri and management know how valuable he is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Ugh. It frustrates the hell out of me that Rudy and Kyle are putting this much work in just for the pay day. Why wouldn't you do it anyways? Isn't the point of being the league trying to become the best player you can be every day, and not just a year before your contract is up?

Every GM in the league must know about the contract-year phenomenon by now. Very unprofessional imo.
    It's human nature for effort to correlate with incentives.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only type of person Masai Ujiri, will overpay/sign to a long term contract is a top 10 player. So, don't fear Masai overpaying Gay or Lowry.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a very "drunk on the kool aid" thought but I wonder what role the chemistry of this team may have in keeping it together at a reasonable price. Lowry and Gay have both been talented players on teams that thought they would be just fine without them. They have been the odd man out. It seems like they enjoy playing together. If this experiment comes together it could be interesting. And come on,.....Drake! They're not going anywhere

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jclaw wrote: View Post
    this is a very "drunk on the kool aid" thought...
    "put the dixie cup down, and step away from the pitcher! Now!"

Post Thanks / Like

People give Rudy and Kyle crap for not playing to their potential so they get in shape and prepare for an awesome season and we still give them crap because "their only doing it for their contracts". Sheesh! I guess sometimes you just can't win!
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    People give Rudy and Kyle crap for not playing to their potential so they get in shape and prepare for an awesome season and we still give them crap because "their only doing it for their contracts". Sheesh! I guess sometimes you just can't win!
    Nailed it.

Raptors fans in this forums are just never happy. There's always something.

Newsflash: we're not getting LeBron James. Rudy Gay is one of the best SF in the game(top 5). Best player we've had since VC. I don't understand the hate. Is it because of his contract again?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Nailed it.

Raptors fans in this forums are just never happy. There's always something.

Newsflash: we're not getting LeBron James. Rudy Gay is one of the best SF in the game(top 5). Best player we've had since VC. I don't understand the hate. Is it because of his contract again?
    I'm speculating that the "hate" stems from the possibility of seeing Gay or Lowry have great seasons that lead to new/hefty contracts with different teams.

If this happens (big "if", I know), one can't help but wonder why this motivation wasn't there last year for both players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    You should know your audience.

I'm a big fan of Gay and Lowry. I just don't think they are good enough to take the Raptors out of a first round exit at a time when they are looking for their last big pay days resulting in Toronto having little opportunity for improvement.

But when both have been in the league for 7 years and, going in to an opt out/contract year, one shows up buff while the other shows up slim, well, that is a little interesting considering strength has been one's problem and conditioning the others since they've come in to the league. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Maybe you're not old enough to remember 2009/10 season or weren't a Raptor fan at that time but this is EXACTLY what happened with Bosh. He showed up a beast, he played like a beast until the all-star break when injuries set in, and then the next season (this is nothing about where he played) he came back a twig.

Contract years are notorious for bringing out the best in players.
    Bruno Caboclo

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information