No announcement yet.

Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what 3 wings they were talking about?

My guess is Gay, Iguodala and Chandler.

Comment

I knew Colangelo would start off with that Draft joke You could just feel the press thinking because you drafted mr Pasta!!!

Comment

"It is good to be wanted...."

words that melt my heart.

Comment

"...at the end of the game, I guard the best players".

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            "It is good to be wanted...."

words that melt my heart.
            And the fact that Lowry reached and immediately and said "we can do big things" in Toronto. Overall it's tough not to be excited about the acquisition and to like him... very genuine kinda guy.

Comment

cant wait to see some Lowry to Gay highlight dunks being good friends is awesome chemistry. Love Rudy's confidence!

Comment

Last edited by stretch; Fri Feb 1, 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

anyone else lose sound or is it just me?

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    they didn't switch the audio channel in time...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Nope you're not alone

Comment

can't get the stream to work, my broadband ain't fast enough. can anyone do a quick write-up of key points that were said, what was discussed? how's the guy's character in general? twitter seems to be raving about him.

and can we please change this to everything rudy? hahaha

Comment

worked just fine for me

Comment

As sad as I am to see Jose go, I'm excited. Rudy has always been one of my favorite players, if not favorite non-Raptor. Sophomore year of college we had a full sized Rudy Gay poster in our common room area haha. And I'm a huge Cuse fan, hate UConn.

Comment

He seemed like a very genuine, funny, likable guy.

Not necessarily in order, but just points that stood out for me:

When asked about being a franchise player, he indicated that he felt he was and could become that, agreeing that there was another level he could achieve. He also said that he came here to build a winner, not just to score points; some nights he'd score, some nights he'd assist, some nights he'd rebound. Whatever it takes to help team win.

When asked about leadership, he said it was a team game and the most important thing about leadership was knowing and understanding that it was a team game. He said a good leader needed to get on teammates, but also be able to take constructive criticism.

He admitted that as much as he tried not to let it, all the negative attention and trade rumors of the past year did affect him. He is excited to be in Toronto and happy to feel wanted. He said that Lowry is like a brother to him and that Lowry called him immediately after the trade and they talked about "doing big things in Toronto together".

He pointed out that when he came into the league 6.5 years ago, Memphis was a crap team. He said he went through losing, went through the building process and has discovered what it's like to win and HOW TO WIN. He said having been through all that made him a better player and a better person. He said bringing all that to the table, especially instilling a sense of how to win, is one of the big things he can bring to the Raptors right away.

Comment

okay I like him. We now have two players with some hefty nuts
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X