Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see him get the rim more. He need to improve his %FG just atleast to the .455 range
    there was some plays last night he would always dunk on but went for a layup and I was like what are you doing Rudy you go for Posters all the time, but he was getting fouled and no calls so whatever.

Rudy Gay its your team homie @Chr1s1anL get Fields out of there and insert Rudy Gay!

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      there was some plays last night he would always dunk on but went for a layup and I was like what are you doing Rudy you go for Posters all the time, but he was getting fouled and no calls so whatever.
      Yeah I saw that too, but fact is the Pacers have a 7'2 starting center... I guess it's not that easy to put a guy like this on a poster!

Comment

Rudy Gay its your team homie @Chr1s1anL get Fields out of there and insert Rudy Gay!
        Lol as soon as I find a pic. The reason I'm not upset is cause this low percentage has been against good defensive teams(Clippers, Miami, Boston and Indianna).
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think we all saw Rudy Gay's true value last night.

First, was the obvious, that game-winning shot against George. The Raptors paid for a guy who will be able to win them games and Gay delivered.

Second, 15 points in the final quarter. The Raptors needed a guuy who can take over the 4th quarter, get points for them when the offense goes dry.

Lastly, that play that gave Amir the tying basket. After Amir made the shot to get the Raptors within 2, while everybody was scrambling, Gay was the only one aware of what West was going to do and anticipated the pass to steal the ball and got it to Amir before he stepped on the halfcourt line and gave the Raptors Amir's game tying bucket. If the Raptors didnt make the trade, who do you think among the Raptors wouldve had the presence of mind to anticipate West's pass? I say nobody. West wouldve become the hero as Armstrong wouldve taken that pass and dribbled the clock out.

That my friends, is what the Raptors are paying $17 million for.
          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Sat Feb 9, 2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
            I think we all saw Rudy Gay's true value last night.

First, was the obvious, that game-winning shot against George. The Raptors paid for a guy who will be able to win them games and Gay delivered.

Second, 15 points in the final quarter. The Raptors needed a guuy who can take over the 4th quarter, get points for them when the offense goes dry.

Lastly, that play that gave Amir the tying basket. After Amir made the shot to get the Raptors within 2, while everybody was scrambling, Gay was the only one aware of what West was going to do and anticipated the pass to steal the ball and got it to Amir before he stepped on the halfcourt line and gave the Raptors Amir's game tying bucket. If the Raptors didnt make the trade, who do you think among the Raptors wouldve had the presence of mind to anticipate West's pass? I say nobody. West wouldve become the hero as Armstrong wouldve taken that pass and dribbled the clock out.

That my friends, is what the Raptors are paying $17 million for.
            Beyond that, I've been quite impressed with his leadership. He really seems to be taking the young guys - DeRozan, Ross , Amir, Valanciunas - under his wing and encouraging them. I was pushing for the Raps to acquire Gay for a long time and he's already exceeded my expectations, just from all the intangibles he brings to the team.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Beyond that, I've been quite impressed with his leadership. He really seems to be taking the young guys - DeRozan, Ross , Amir, Valanciunas - under his wing and encouraging them. I was pushing for the Raps to acquire Gay for a long time and he's already exceeded my expectations, just from all the intangibles he brings to the team.
              I'm on the same boat Calgary. Especially, because our second option - Demar Derozan - is now playing without pressure, and showing his true colours as a player. A very good 2nd option, behind a star 1st option.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I like Gay's leadership. It seems that he already has more respect from the players than Casey. We should just make him a head coach and demote Casey to assistant coach. Coaching wise it shouldn't really harm our play that much, huh?

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                  I like Gay's leadership. It seems that he already has more respect from the players than Casey. We should just make him a head coach and demote Casey to assistant coach. Coaching wise it shouldn't really harm our play that much, huh?
                  He brings a winning attitude, a young veteran, and he attracts the respect because he is a great player.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Gay and DeRozan are LEGIT!

Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Kyle and Amir hang out a lot thats team building, I dont think anyone took that kind of lead chemistry wise in Raptor land since well ever. Fields just hangs with his girl everyday.

Comment

Gay and DeRozan are LEGIT!

Gay, DeRozan, Ross, Kyle and Amir hang out a lot thats team building, I dont think anyone took that kind of lead chemistry wise in Raptor land since well ever. Fields just hangs with his girl everyday.
                      I dont think ANYONE blames him..
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Gay and DeRozan are LEGIT!

Team chemistry is nice but in a professional league is it really that critical? It's not like these guys are in College or High School. OKC traded Harden who everyone thought was nuts because of his chemistry with Durant/Westbrook, yet OKC is half game out of first in the West.

The Raptors have chemistry yet they are 14 games from just being at .500.

You need guys on your team that are talented, want to win and will play hard. Whether they are friends or not off the court doesn't really matter.

Comment

• If we had our current line p to start the season it would have been a much different story Id expect the Raps hovering around 6-7 spot. Talent matters moreobviously but the team getting along well is never a bad thing either.

And Above all no silly pg controversy.

Comment

• Why is no one complaining about Gay's terrible shooting % and shots?

Rudy Gay 24.0 PT .347 of 24.5 FG .929 of 7.0 FT .111 of 4.5 3P 8.5/2.0 RB 2.5 AS 1.0 BL 4.5 ST 2.0 TO 4.0 PF 42.6 MN 2/2 GS (last 2 games)
                            Rudy Gay 14 PT 6-16 FG 2-2 FT 0-3 3P 8/3 RB 3 AS 1 BL 2 ST 1 TO 0 PF 34 MN (06:47 4th*, Hornets)
                            If that was Bargs the whole forum would have been exploding.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              If that was Bargs the whole forum would have been exploding.
                              I think that's pretty obvious.

1. It hasn't been 7 years.
                              2. It's a 3-2 record over his 5 games (assuming we close out this game against NO).
                              3. Game winner in one his bad shooting games.
                              4. In his two bad shooting games he has had 17 rebounds, 9 steals and 2 blocks.
                              5. In his two bad shooting games he got to the line 14 times, hitting 13.
                              6. He's playing engaged!
                              7. btw, the current game isn't looking to end that bad percentage wise, right now 8/18, not bad at all.

And probably there are some more points to be made. There is no comparison, none whatsoever.

Comment

• And that should be the end of this thread by the way ...

Comment

Working...
                                X