Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    A lot has been made about DeRozan but I just noticed Rudy's stat line this preseason:

14 points per game
    8 field goal attempts
    6.8 free throw attempts

47.5% fg
    46.7% 3pt
    73.5% ft

4.6 rebounds
    1.2 assists
    .6 blk
    .8 stl
    1.8 to

IN 20 MINUTES PER GAME*

*insert typical "Its just preseason!" here.
    Those numbers are somewhat impressive, still considering IT'S JUST PRESEASON. There you go, Matt.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• For me, I know there's a lot of rumours about Rudy, but, I would like Rudy to stay, for this entire season at the very least. It's pre-season, and even though I sound like a hitch not helping in the broken record, it's pre-season. He's got so many interesting things that'll work for him - the 20 pounds, the surgically repaired eyes, the work in the off-season. BUT, it also might not help him improve a single thing.

For what it's worth, he's s shot-creator, and a fantastic one in the fourth quarter. We've seen that multiple times last season, the scoring in the 4th quarter + game-winner vs. Indiana, the game-winner against Denver after not scoring for nearly a quarter or so. He's also got great size and length for his position, and when he puts his mind to it, he's also a very good defender.

Rudy has all the talent in the world, and like Sam Mitchell, like Jack Armstrong, like whoever else has covered him, it's whether or not he can finally work hard enough to get to that next gear, and truly be an elite/all-star calibre player.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Where did you find these stats? Or did you just calculate it yourself?
        Espn player profile

Comment

Espn player profile
          Ohhh I didn't know they had preseason stats up on there. I checked and couldn't find anything.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Espn player profile
            Oh I see it now. But what you showed was for the last 5 games not the whole preseason but I get it.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I didn't know it was moved. I thought I was unsuccessful in posting. Thx

Comment

Oh I see it now. But what you showed was for the last 5 games not the whole preseason but I get it.
                Whoops. Right. You are.

Adding first 2 games ups fg (9/18), lowers 3 (1/5), and ups ft (9/10).

Comment

• Keep Rudy, cuz......

NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Nice.

Comment

• I hope Rudy stays. I don't think he's the franchise player we need, but JV should develop into that. At least keep Rudy to keep us competitive enough to make the play offs for the next year or two. I know it'd likely mean a first round exit and I'm OK with that for now. Playoff experience is invaluable and I'd rather have a JV with 2 rounds of play off experience by the time were ready to compete rather than none. Losing in the first round I think would help build character and a stronger desire to get better. Play off experience is invaluable to a young core. My 3 cents for what they're worth.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• Sprechen wrote: View Post
                        Despite the contract I want Rudy Gay on my team. The guy brings the sizzle that we haven't had since Vince. He has elevated DeRozan's game as well, big time. We have one of the best wing pairs in the league.
                        This statement is a bit of a stretch.......though I like the enthusiasm .

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          This statement is a bit of a stretch.......though I like the enthusiasm .
                          Replace 'sizzle' with 'unproven swagger' and I'm picking up what he's putting down.
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

• For some reason I decided to use the espn player profile to see Austin Daye's efficiency and it kind of shocked me to see that he was actually the most efficient player on the team this preseason. He shot 57% from the field and 55% from 3. Maybe he might get more playing time than Novak because they are both equal in terms of defense but Austin can do a little bit more than just shoot 3's on offense. He was actually very efficient from 2 point field goals as well.

Comment

• I really like Daye. Could give us some good three point shooting a versatility for 10-15 minutes a game. With the rate he's hitting the 3 at, he's probably more useful than Novak.

Comment

For some reason I decided to use the espn player profile to see Austin Daye's efficiency and it kind of shocked me to see that he was actually the most efficient player on the team this preseason. He shot 57% from the field and 55% from 3. Maybe he might get more playing time than Novak because they are both equal in terms of defense but Austin can do a little bit more than just shoot 3's on offense. He was actually very efficient from 2 point field goals as well.
                                He bring better tools to the D. With his 7-3 wingspan
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X