Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldSchool wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...trade-rudy-gay

heres an example of all the negativity I was talking about ... I heard about the trade at work so of course I checked the net for more info and all could find were people knocking the Raps for the trade, I turn on the TV and analyst (outside of Toroto) were calling the trade a bad one. I couldnt believe it . Like I said its still early but I thought this was a good trade when it was first rumoured months ago. So now after Rudy's debut Im surfing and watching for news and well well well...no one saying anything bad anymore.
    Sorry I know this is life and this is the nature of sports and sport fans but I just wanted to rant about this fickleness once and for all.

There its off my chest =)
    You are right.

The media are a fickle crew with no one (or very, very few) willing to put forth an original idea. It is the epitome of group think and it doesn't matter if it is ESPN, CNNSi, Yahoo!, or TSN (the five on five round table this week was an absolute joke with the exception of Chisholm who was taking a wait and see approach). Writers don't care if they are right or wrong as long as they can take comfort in knowing they are with the crowd. If they go on their own and they are wrong they'll be the idiot but if they go with everyone else and they are wrong they can say, "No one saw this coming!"

Comment

• There are some good ones; I almost exclusively read Lowe, Ziller and Tjarks.

Comment

• Rudy sure is impressive so far!!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Holly MacKenzie ‏@stackmack

Wade on Rudy: “As Rudy gets more comfortable and as they get more comfortable with him as a player…man. Rudy is a very good player."

Comment

• Game Entertainment does it again

This gave me chills

Comment

• Better Than Advertised

Rudy Gay is better than advertised. This team seems like a good fit for him. Lowry might be his buddy, but his partner on the floor is going to be Demar. Watching these two young men play together gives me chills. I've been watching basketball a long time, and the Raps since day one, and I truly believe this could be a duo for the ages. I admit honeymoon period, but Demar and Rudy seem to compliment each other on the court in a way that could make them both better.

We have seen two tremendous performances in two games against two top level teams. I AM FREAKING PUMPED.

Comment

• Wow, Demar and Rudy need some help. It seems like this team has been relying on the two of them since the trade. It's only 2 games, but still, if this team continues only to rely on those two and spectate, offense will struggle.

Defense with Rudy since trade though has been really, really improved.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I voted I'd make this deal. I did hesitate for a second. It's a shame to lose ed. He really took an amazing leap this year. Before this season I really didnt have much hope for him. But bc really bought low and sold high here. This trade is so lopsided from a talent perspective, we had to give up something. Gay can straight up ball. His mid range game is a throw back, left hand baby hook, sweet spin bounce pass in to the paint. The raps just got a lot more talented for some depth. It's easy to replace depth.
                  Playoffs this year is almost certainly too steep a hill to climb, but this team is going to be good and entertaining for years, and unlike a lot of teams, I'm not sure anyone can say how high their ceiling could be.

On a side note disappointing to get thoroughly out hustled by miami. Winning that game could have been huge for our confidence. between lack of hustle, intensity and lack of focus on offense (plus gray playing extended mins essentially meaning we were 4 against 5 on O) and coach leaving AJ on to get his 3rd foul, and general questionable rotation, we didn't give ourselves a chance to win. Shame.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Rudy Gay is better than advertised. This team seems like a good fit for him. Lowry might be his buddy, but his partner on the floor is going to be Demar. Watching these two young men play together gives me chills. I've been watching basketball a long time, and the Raps since day one, and I truly believe this could be a duo for the ages. I admit honeymoon period, but Demar and Rudy seem to compliment each other on the court in a way that could make them both better.

We have seen two tremendous performances in two games against two top level teams. I AM FREAKING PUMPED.
                    I must admit, as a doubter, Gay is definitely proving me worng. I'm still a bit worried about some aspects of his offence, but even a game like tonight against Miami, he took some bad shots, but made up for them with quality buckets at other times. Hopefully he keeps up that kind of performance.
                    His bball IQ is higher than I ever dreamed. Everything he does on the court is so deliberate. This is something that makes him a really good team defender, and considering the lack of practice, he's been good at filling the spaces he should on both ends.
                    Finally, man oh man is he a waaaaay better man defender than I ever hoped. I don't know if he will in fact take any nights off, but I'm starting to wonder if it's just his calm disposition that is misleading. WE'll see. But clearly, he just has to want to be, because the way he gave LeBron trouble at timse was simply amazing. To have any defender who can get you some stops one on one against a player like LeBron is crazy.

Comment

• Some great team bonding with the keeper players and Ravens won btw!

http://instagram.com/p/VShJw2I4_M/

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Some great team bonding with the keeper players and Ravens won btw!

http://instagram.com/p/VShJw2I4_M/
                        I was thinking... Where's AG, in this sick starting 5 Boyz get together, and then I was like... Duh, he's snapping the pics

Comment

• Two games in..... i am impressed.

I am really surprised about how tall he is. Casey is playing him at the 4. That is crazy. He was staring Odom & Lebron right in the face shoulder to shoulder. He can score. Love the fact he taking on the other teams best player toe to toe. Like the buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd qtr.

What i'l be watching
                          1) He said he would be whatever we needed .....be it scoring assists or rebounds. We've seen the scoring, now i wanna see him crashing the boards & passing the ball.

Comment

• RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
                            Two games in..... i am impressed.

I am really surprised about how tall he is. Casey is playing him at the 4. That is crazy. He was staring Odom & Lebron right in the face shoulder to shoulder. He can score. Love the fact he taking on the other teams best player toe to toe. Like the buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd qtr.

What i'l be watching
                            1) He said he would be whatever we needed .....be it scoring assists or rebounds. We've seen the scoring, now i wanna see him crashing the boards & passing the ball.
                            Stats haven't shown it, but he looks to be aggressive in terms of trying to get a loose ball, and he is a really solid passer, makes the right decisions.
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

This gave me chills
                              oooo shit that gave me chills too

Comment

• The Raps need a team nickname I heard some people calling them down town the Velocity Raptors and I thought that was funny and some blogs calling em Lob Cirty North or Lob City 2.

Soooooooooooooooo Glad we got Rudy Gay! Absolute steal!

Comment

Working...
                                X