Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This is some pretty simplistic thinking, in my opinion.

I don't care about how much Rudy makes in the sense of who pays him. The issue is the allocation of the salary cap. You might be fine with having him take up 30% of the salary cap, doesn't mean anyone else has to be.

Bosh, as much as I dislike him, is the best player the Raptors have had since VC.
    Raptors have never won anything in the Chris Bosh era. Never come close to winning a playoff round.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Raptors have never won anything in the Chris Bosh era. Never come close to winning a playoff round.
      And he is still the best player since VC on the Raptors.

Hopefully JV can claim that title from him sooner than later.

Sadly making the playoffs for two consecutive years is pretty much near the top of the Raptor success ladder.

Comment

If Garbo hadn't been injured, I think they take that Nets series. Not to be inflating Bosh's contribution, though; I remember Mikki Moore shutting him down for stretches at a time...
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I have always thought this kind of statement was meaningless.

The way you win playoff rounds is by having a good roster, good coaching, some luck, in terms of health issues, and some luck in terms of the final few games of the season and what teams out of the playoffs win games form teams in the playoffs. Blaming a single player for a teams performance is just silly. The list of great players who never came close to winning a playoff round with one team and then went on to do extremely well is a long one. By the same token there are a ton of HOF players who never won a championship or even made it to a finals appearance. Is that on them?

Just a silly thing to say.

Comment

• +1 to Puffer.

Just because Raps never won anything in the CB4 Era, doens't change the fact that he was a good player. There's once in a generation players that have that ability to take a team onto their shoulders. Just because CB4 wasn't one, doesn't mean he was a "bad" player, by any means.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
              Rudy Gay never being an all star is a snub imo
              If you want to call it a snub, you've gotta say who he should have replaced, in which year. Remember, prior to last season it was divided into Guards, Forwards, and Centers, so he could only replace other forwards. You gonna take out Durant? Melo? Love? Nowitzki? Duncan? Griffin? Championship-form Gasol?

Comment

• I'm pretty amused that about 60% of the people here that voted think Ed Davis is better for Toronto than Rudy Gay.

Comment

• Now that's absurd
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• To sum up Rudy Gay all because he was never an All Star it doesnt mean he has never played like one or is one in my book he's had some crazy games and good stats over his career. Not to mention he has a rare thing Rudy Gay has the "Clutch Gene"

Comment

• Rudy looks like a badman, 20 pounds of muscle if dude starts penetrating to the basket more, eficiency increases a bit more of posting up he's gonna be an allstar

Comment

• Fear the opt-out contract year!

Gay (and Lowry) scare the poop out of me with the off-season physical transformation.

It reminds me of a former Raptor entering his contract year before bolting to be the third wheel.

Just saying.....

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Fear the opt-out contract year!

Gay (and Lowry) scare the poop out of me with the off-season physical transformation.

It reminds me of a former Raptor entering his contract year before bolting to be the third wheel.

Just saying.....
                          What makes me super nervous is that two parts of the core are potentially playing in contract years. Both looking for extensions and big contracts. This is good for the team overall this year because their play can help push them into the playoffs.. but that could create a fool's gold situation where once they get their big fat contract they can regress to their means.. The Raptors will then be stuck with two overpaid veterans on their core, and could then be stuck in mediocrity hell.

The thing that makes me less nervous is that Bryan is gone. MU may use their play as trade bait, but we don't really know what he wants to do either.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            What makes me super nervous is that two parts of the core are potentially playing in contract years. Both looking for extensions and big contracts. This is good for the team overall this year because their play can help push them into the playoffs.. but that could create a fool's gold situation where once they get their big fat contract they can regress to their means.. The Raptors will then be stuck with two overpaid veterans on their core, and could then be stuck in mediocrity hell.

The thing that makes me less nervous is that Bryan is gone. MU may use their play as trade bait, but we don't really know what he wants to do either.
                            So many questions, so few answers, so much waiting.

Comment

• Under normal circumstances, Lowry and Gay's contract years would make me nervous. But with Ujiri here, I'm confident he won't be fooled into paying for 1-year's worth of heightened production. He's too savvy for that.

Comment

• It's sad to think they these 2 "core" players could play great for their contracts, lifting the team away from it's rightful place deep in the lottery in the best draft class, then either bolt or get bad deals.

Hoping MU sells high when the chance is there.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X