Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I think most are in that (previously stickied) 'getting-to-know-you (or how was it called again?) thread. For some reason, I don't think yours was ...
    Right you are. I forgot about that thread. Forgetting more frequently is a function of my age. :-)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      Right you are. I forgot about that thread. Forgetting more frequently is a function of my age. :-)
      My guess is that you're like 78, which, coincidentally, is the exact combined age of all moderators.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        My guess is that you're like 78, which, coincidentally, is the exact combined age of all moderators.
        You can see why I am in a "win now" mode as a Raptor fan.

Comment

• Crazy thoughts of the day:

There were rumours for literally 2-3 years on Memphis trading Rudy Gay to Golden State. There appears to be enough content out there to say it was discussed between the two teams. When the Grizz decided to trade Gay this season, GSW were rumoured. Problem was they did not have any expiring contracts or substantially less paid wing who could contribute (Tayshaun Prince) and that is what they were looking for in any deal hence no GSW trades to ponder. Jerry West is also a fan of Gay.

By the way, all the above talking/background points come from here.

So with all that said, crazy thoughts of the day:

1) Gay to Golden State for Jefferson and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

2) Gay and Bargnani to Golden State for Jefferson, Biedrins, and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

I'm crazy, right?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Crazy thoughts of the day:

There were rumours for literally 2-3 years on Memphis trading Rudy Gay to Golden State. There appears to be enough content out there to say it was discussed between the two teams. When the Grizz decided to trade Gay this season, GSW were rumoured. Problem was they did not have any expiring contracts or substantially less paid wing who could contribute (Tayshaun Prince) and that is what they were looking for in any deal hence no GSW trades to ponder. Jerry West is also a fan of Gay.

1) Gay to Golden State for Jefferson and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

2) Gay and Bargnani to Golden State for Jefferson, Biedrins, and 2 of the following 3 Barnes/Thompson/2014 pick.

I'm crazy, right?
            I would have to say yes, but you never know.

Important factors:

-Colangelo and his zany ways. IF he is retained, well then I have a hard time seeing him trade Gay. He's been after him for years.

-GSW's playoff performance. If they beat SAS, or even just play the series strong, I don't know how much they want to make changes, and more importantly, how much they want to trade young players coming off strong playoff performances. Thompson and Barnes have both been pretty impressive in their first playoff experience.

Conclusion...Yeah, I think you're a bit crazy. Again, you never know, but I'd seriously question the competence of GSW's management/ownership if they went down this path.

Comment

• Hey guys I would love it if you check out this Rudy Gay mix I made, and if you can, please share with others! Thanks.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Crazy thoughts of the day:

I'm crazy, right?
                Lol. You're kidding right?

No one in their right mind would trade Barnes + Klay for Gay. Heck, i wouldn't even trade Barnes or Klay straight up for Gay.

This is not a shot on Gay who i think is an all-star caliber type of player. But Barnes and Klay Thompson are two of the BEST young players in the game.

GS is one of the best up and coming young team in the league. If Lee and Curry were healthy and if Barnes didn't get injured in Game 6. There's no doubt that they would be where the Spurs are right now...in the Conference Finals.
                Last edited by The Great One; Mon May 20, 2013, 02:12 AM.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Lol. You're kidding right?

No one in their right mind would trade Barnes + Klay for Gay. Heck, i wouldn't even trade Barnes or Klay straight up for Gay.

This is not a shot on Gay who i think is an all-star caliber type of player. But Barnes and Klay Thompson are two of the BEST young players in the game.

GS is one of the best up and coming young team in the league. If Lee and Curry were healthy and if Barnes didn't get injured in Game 6. There's no doubt that they would be where the Spurs are right now...in the Conference Finals.
                  No doubt eh? Shoulda coulda woulda is a game for losers. Classic raptor fan thinking which doesn't change the fact the Ws lost.

If I was not clear maybe I should have said a pick and one of Klay or Barnes.

You also forget many trades are done for nonbasketball reasons.

Comment

• Raptors just got Gay (LOL!) ahem*

Gay was brought here by BC but allowed by the MLSE directors above ans sice his acquisition he has been a poster boy for the team alongside DeMar and JV Gay isnt being discussed in trade talks at all, hes a part of the current team moving forward.

Comment

• Matt, have you already given up on Rudy Gay? That shocks me because you were the most vocal fan in wanting Rudy Gay in Toronto.

Would I do that trade if I was the GSW GM? No, my team improved dramatically this season and Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes are good players on friendly rookie scale contracts. Why give one and a pick for a player who is way overpaid?

Memphis shopped Gay for a long time and all we had to give up is Ed Davis + Jose Calderon and a 2nd round pick. I would not give up Klay Thompson or Harrison Barnes for Ed Davis and I would not have given up a first round pick for an expiring contract, however much I like Jose. Second round picks typically have very short and unproductive careers and I seriously doubt it would impact the trade.

Comment

You also forget many trades are done for nonbasketball reasons.
                        This is most certainly true... but what non-basketball reason would Golden State have to make that trade? o_O

Comment

• TRX wrote: View Post
                          This is most certainly true... but what non-basketball reason would Golden State have to make that trade? o_O
                          Yeah. I hate to do it, but I have to disagree with you Matt. The Warriors are in a perfect position right now with their young core. This was an amazing season for that team...I don't see any reason for them to break up anything apart from Jarrett Jack (UFA).
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                            Yeah. I hate to do it, but I have to disagree with you Matt. The Warriors are in a perfect position right now with their young core. This was an amazing season for that team...I don't see any reason for them to break up anything apart from Jarrett Jack (UFA).
                            I have no doubt that they'll be shopping Jack + and 1st rounder. But Barnes or Klay... Both potential stars + on rookie scale contracts. No fu*king way.

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post

Hey guys I would love it if you check out this Rudy Gay mix I made, and if you can, please share with others! Thanks.
                              I liked it. I was working on one but i keep putting it off. I'll probably try to finish it during my spare time

Comment

• Gotta say Rudy is ridiculously efficient in your mix Reuben.

Comment

Working...
                                X