• Time
  • Show
Clear All

theshwa wrote: View Post
    amazing video i found on a grizzlies forum

hahahahahha, lmao!

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
      I know it's still early but I have to say; there was so much bad talk about the trade, how Jose shouldn't have been traded, how losing Ed was a fatal mistake and how Rudy just clogs the floor and shoots too much blah blah blah.But then talking with people after the Clips game and reading different internet blogs and what not, all of a sudden those people have changed their tone!? As much as I loved Jose and Ed I was all for the trade and couldn't understand why people didn't see the Raptors talent level take a big jump up (which is exactly what we needed) Instead, everyone seemed to focus on all the negatives.
      Now after Rudy's debut, a blow out over the Clips and him being the high scorer -watch all the people who hated the trade suddenly jump on his jock. watch

Being a long time lurker and a Raptor fan from the very beginning I must say that Raptor fans are some of the most fickle fans out there - just my 2cents
      I agree the assets given up to get Gay were more than worth it. In addition to everything you mentioned, they were a 16-30 team.

As for fickleness, very much agreed (myself included), but it does keep things lively around here at the very least.

Comment

Fans are allowed to be bandwagoners of players on their own team...

Not 'everyone' focused in the negatives. If you look at the polls it was about 50-50 in favour and against the deal. And there's also a group a people, like me, who are in wait and see mode, but enjoyed last nights game.

Many of the people who were against the trade will be holding back now; you'll hear them when the next two games won't go as well. Some might have moved on.
        Last edited by Soft Euro; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
          I think that many folks (including many Raptors fans) might have seriously underrated this trade for the Raptors. Basketball is a funny game, that relies a lot on chemistry and situational performance. Having three players such as Lowry, DeRozan and Gay might look like too much of the same thing, but it also creates all sorts of problems for defences. If Gay brings a lot of energy along with his length and athleticism, I think it will open up a lot of options for other players. If this works out, it is going to be a blast.
          Nostradamus points for this one.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
            I think that many folks (including many Raptors fans) might have seriously underrated this trade for the Raptors. Basketball is a funny game, that relies a lot on chemistry and situational performance. Having three players such as Lowry, DeRozan and Gay might look like too much of the same thing, but it also creates all sorts of problems for defences. If Gay brings a lot of energy along with his length and athleticism, I think it will open up a lot of options for other players. If this works out, it is going to be a blast.
            If Gay can return to his 39% pre shoulder injury 3pt shooting, DD keeps setting others up as he has been, and Fields spends the summer getting his neurons firing again........... nope, can't get my hopes up like this.

Raps are doomed! Doomed I say! Ahhhhh the tranquility of hopelessness.

Comment

Anytime you have a Rap-for-life type player in Calderon that always gave 100%, you're going to have people upset. Also, losing a young 23 year old F will ALWAYS be hard. Ed stepped it up this year and took a huge leap in his development. Who knows what he will turn in to. Unfortunately, I don't think we see it in Memphis. He just wont get the minutes. I really feel bad for Ed

In terms of people 'jumping on the Rudy bandwagon', I call that BS. The Raps have been a struggling team for years. We finally make a move that looks like a great one, and you're upset people are excited?

If you lose, people wont watch. if you win, people watch. Simple as that.
              Last edited by chrischris; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

It's called posturing.... we wanted Gay but we did not want to give the kitchen sink. I am happy with the price, feel we could of easily overpaid, if fans did not big up Jose and Ed we may not been able to get such a good deal for you nancies.

Comment

OldSchool wrote: View Post
                  I know it's still early but I have to say; there was so much bad talk about the trade, how Jose shouldn't have been traded, how losing Ed was a fatal mistake and how Rudy just clogs the floor and shoots too much blah blah blah.But then talking with people after the Clips game and reading different internet blogs and what not, all of a sudden those people have changed their tone!? As much as I loved Jose and Ed I was all for the trade and couldn't understand why people didn't see the Raptors talent level take a big jump up (which is exactly what we needed) Instead, everyone seemed to focus on all the negatives.
                  Now after Rudy's debut, a blow out over the Clips and him being the high scorer -watch all the people who hated the trade suddenly jump on his jock. watch

Being a long time lurker and a Raptor fan from the very beginning I must say that Raptor fans are some of the most fickle fans out there - just my 2cents
                  Any fan is happy to see their team win. Also, I don't think even the biggest doubter would have suggested our team got worse with the Gay trade. The problem isn't the talent. The problem is that now the team basically will be as is for the next 2 seasons. The last undesirable piece is Bargs, and who knows if that'll bring back a truly useful piece in the short or long term.
                  After that, even at the wing it'll be hard to make trade to truly improve the team, and any trade might involve a decrease in talent level and/or youth in order to plug holes. Suffice it to say even if the Raptors are easily a playoff team with Gay and the team mostly as is, how the hell to they take the next step, and in 2 and a half years, will they be able to keep the team together and improve it if they're missing something to become contenders?

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
                    ... Ed stepped it up this year and took a huge leap in his development. Who knows what he will turn in to. Unfortunately, I don't think we see it in Memphis. He just wont get the minutes. I really feel bad for Ed
                    I have to agree. I just don't see him getting much burn in memphis behind zach, gasol and arthur. Last night he only played 5 minutes.

Comment

I felt heartbroken for Ed when I saw the 5 min in the boxscore. He deserves better.

Comment

rudy gay vs vince

now that i got your attention
                        here is rudy gay's reaction to vince
                        http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as.../VinceRudy.gif

Comment

"EWwwww.... Your mouth REEKS."
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                            I felt heartbroken for Ed when I saw the 5 min in the boxscore. He deserves better.
                            Yeah, I assume that'll go up....Also, I fully agree with the perspective that the trade destroyed Memphis' playoff chances. They might still make a deep run, but they won't really contend.

I really can't imagine Memphis keeps sitting still. It was stupid, by all accounts, for them to trade Gay now instead of at the end of the season. If they're retooling, then they might as well try and trade Randolph for wing help now. It's pretty obvious they're making Conley and Gasol teh core moving forward. They're cheaper than Randolph and Gay, and play harder positions to fill. Still though, you need at least one dynamic wing player to win in this league, and now Memphis lacks that very badly. I hope for Ed's sake, they trade Randolph for a younger wing. A core of Gasol, Ed, Conley and a solid wing can easily rise quickly again.

Comment

Golden

Comment

either VC's breath was really bad or he let one rip out onthe court LOL u can see VC smiles at the end like ment to do it too LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X