View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    That final steal he did in Indiana was a mastermind hustle play. He scored and instead of rejoicing he ran back to coverage guy leading out for the pass and stole it. That's heads up play and smart.
    he didn't score, amir did. But either way I agree with your point

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As Charles Barkely would Say "Stats Dont mean a thing" Kobe takes the last shot have you seen his stat line?????? no question its going to him even if he is 1-54 . Rudy Gay is that guy,

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If that was Bargs the whole forum would have been exploding.
    The truth is no one will complain if the team is winning. To a point that even bad shooting percentages are overlooked. That being said though, both in terms of talent and personality, Gay has what it takes to carry a team on his shoulders while the same can't be said about Bargnani.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If that was Bargs the whole forum would have been exploding.
    Lol because bargnani can't do shit but score. Rudy Gay does so much more
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    he didn't score, amir did. But either way I agree with your point
    I stand corrected. Amir did score the basket and then once again on the Gay steal and pass. But you are right. It was a a hustle and heads up play. Thanks for correcting me!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    We're winning
    +1000. We're still in the honeymoon phase. Remember when the Raps traded for Jalen Rose and then won 5 in a row? At the end, his greatest value to the franchise was cap space.

Just wait for the next 5 game losing streak and fans will be ready to run Gay out of town with "I told you so". Even though I wasn't a big fan of getting Gay, I do like the fact that we traded 2 redundant pieces (Jose, Ed) to fill a glaring hole (SF). The contract still makes me ill and yes, his efficiency is not great, but he's our main guy for the next few years, so no real point focusing on the negatives.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

For the big Bargnani fans, be thankful for RG. He has stepped into the spotlight that Bargs couldn't handle and has brought a winning atmosphere where Andrea has a chance to shine. If AB does start to play better and makes it past the trade deadline it wouldn't happen if it wasn't for the play of RG no matter how dismal his shooting percentage is.

Post Thanks / Like

Because unlike Derozan, Bargnani when shooting inefficient, Rudy Gay makes the big and most important plays regardless. He impacts the game however he is shooting whether it's coming up with the big shot, big block, rebounding, etc. i.e. Indiana game.

Plus, he's a presence. Not many guys int he league where you go "Not this guy."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Team chemistry is nice but in a professional league is it really that critical? It's not like these guys are in College or High School. OKC traded Harden who everyone thought was nuts because of his chemistry with Durant/Westbrook, yet OKC is half game out of first in the West.

The Raptors have chemistry yet they are 14 games from just being at .500.

You need guys on your team that are talented, want to win and will play hard. Whether they are friends or not off the court doesn't really matter.
    Disagree. As a player, you know that both of you don't trust one another, and that becomes a problem. It's extremely important to have chemistry, and I think that's where it hurt Kobe/Dwight this season, Wade/James first season as a Heat member.

The OKC example backs it up as well, Harden gone, this team has had quite a bit more conflict on the bench than it's had in the years. Especially between Westbrook and Durant. Great talent, and they both do have chemistry, but a guy like Harden helps to settle any extra conflict.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    I stand corrected. Amir did score the basket and then once again on the Gay steal and pass. But you are right. It was a a hustle and heads up play. Thanks for correcting me!
    In fact, Gay missed that shot (just before his famous steal) and if it weren't for Amir's offensive rebound, Gay's miss would have cost us the Indiana game. He clutch lost that game for us before he clutch won it. (And I do appreciate his added contributions outside of taking and missing too many shots.)

... just sitting here in the corner watching Pistons replays, half of which feature Calderon making various Pistons look like all stars, and sighing ...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I mention that Caldy went 10 for 13 in Detroit's last win against Milwaukee, including 3 for 4 from three? I wish we had a shooter like that on our team ...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kuh wrote: View Post
    Did I mention that Caldy went 10 for 13 in Detroit's last win against Milwaukee, including 3 for 4 from three? I wish we had a shooter like that on our team ...
    So what? Calderon is a good shooter everyone knows that, Are you saying you want Calderon over Rudy Gay?

Don't be silly Rudy offers leadership we never had Calderon has been running the PG position on this team for 7 years and the Raps have just been stuck in mediocrity let it go. Calderon on average will not impact a game.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In fact, Gay missed that shot (just before his famous steal) and if it weren't for Amir's offensive rebound, Gay's miss would have cost us the Indiana game. He clutch lost that game for us before he clutch won it. (And I do appreciate his added contributions outside of taking and missing too many shots.)

... just sitting here in the corner watching Pistons replays, half of which feature Calderon making various Pistons look like all stars, and sighing ...
    Raptors have not had a guy able to create his own shot and get to the rim creating a help situation and put back opportunity for Amir.

Can you imagine DeMar in that situation trying to create?

Also, before that play in regulation he had the monster baseline jam.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That was the problem in Toronto too...that is, getting fooled into thinking that mediocre players are allstars (e.g. Bargnani and DeRozan).

Not having Calderon to "mask" their weaknesses is a blessing in disguise in terms of properly evaluating this roster moving forward.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Now that I see Gay's game live, the shots that REALLY bug me are the crazy amount of 3s he's attempted. Just far too many...maybe he is a better shooter than this, but he's not having a great season shooting so he needs to cut that down.

A lot of the 2s I'm ok with. A lot of the tougher ones he has to take, and him doing so is a better option than Demar or Bargs. He could maybe stand to get a few more trips to the line, but he also has a tendency to just try and finish over guys with his length, and he's been somewhat effective with that.
    I just see it as opening the defense. He takes a three then next play his man plays tight D and he drives to the basket.

But yeah, since he became a Raptor, he's taken 6,5,7,2,4 and has only made 5. Ouch. Hopefully Demar's gym rat attitude will rub off on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    So what? Calderon is a good shooter everyone knows that, Are you saying you want Calderon over Rudy Gay?

Don't be silly Rudy offers leadership we never had Calderon has been running the PG position on this team for 7 years and the Raps have just been stuck in mediocrity let it go. Calderon on average will not impact a game.

wow

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I just see it as opening the defense. He takes a three then next play his man plays tight D and he drives to the basket.

But yeah, since he became a Raptor, he's taken 6,5,7,2,4 and has only made 5. Ouch. Hopefully Demar's gym rat attitude will rub off on him.
    Yeah, it's just the sheer volume. Given his role he's bound to take at least a couple every game, but he really needs to stop jacking them up whenever he sees some space.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone noticed how great of a ball-handler Rudy Gay is? The guy can seriously create from 25+ feet, and find his way all the way to the rim. A great pull-up jumper, and a very underrated defender. Plus, his length seems to annoy players.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Has anyone noticed how great of a ball-handler Rudy Gay is? The guy can seriously create from 25+ feet, and find his way all the way to the rim. A great pull-up jumper, and a very underrated defender. Plus, his length seems to annoy players.
    I wouldn't say he's "great", but he's adequate at getting his shot off. I just think this team has been saddled without any 1-on-1 creators for so long, Gay looks like the 2nd coming of Tim Hardaway in comparison
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Gays handles arent that great hes just quite th athletic specimen to help him out with creation his size is great hard to stop when hes on the move, Dont let that fool you a lot of the time his handles are clumsy, but its not how you start its how you finish and hes always been great on those pulls ups and attacking the basket.

Thread Information