View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Typical chucker to invite 6 PGs as his guests.
    Not to mention 2 Rajon Rondo's

2. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure his source or stats but.... ouch.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Motivation, motivation!!

After reading this tweet, Rudy will average 24.4pts, 3.5apg, 6.9 rpg, 2.3 stls on 24.71 PER and 50% FG.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

out of all people... *sigh*
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy got married.

http://bossip.com/814162/ballers-bri...end-ecko-wray/

Surprisingly absent: Z-Bo and Tony Allen (*sarcasm*)
    Damn. It's your wedding, don't dress like Urkel.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Damn. It's your wedding, don't dress like Urkel.
    That pic is the likely after the serious stuff look how casual it al is just a cell picture during reception he likely took off the blazer ><

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay on analytics:

No player is caught in the cross hairs of the NBA’s analytics revolution quite like Rudy Gay. The 6-foot-8 slashing small forward is the enemy of the computer.
    “Honestly, how I view it, a computer can’t tell talent, it just can’t,”. “When it comes down to it, it’s all about winning, and however you get the win. According to analytics, you either [have] to shoot a 3 or get to the foul line, and it’s not good for people like me that live in that mid-range area.”
    “In Memphis, everybody had to play a part, and for us to win, we had to kind of give up a little bit. And it was good,” Gay said. “Those guys stepped up last year in the playoffs and played well. And I feel like my play got a lot better since I got [to Toronto], too, because there’s more room for me to operate. It works out for both teams to me. Of course, I value myself and think that their chances would have been better with me, but I feel like I can be better here.”
    http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...ics-nightmare/
    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Sep 27th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He makes a good point analytics do hate on midrange players. Even though the best player to ever play the game lived and died by that game.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    He makes a good point analytics do hate on midrange players. Even though the best player to ever play the game lived and died by that game.
    Analytics don't hate on mid-range players. You could say they hate on mid-range players that don't hit their mid-range shots, i suppose...but that doesn't really seem like a bad thing to me.

Nobody complains about MJ shooting mid-range jumpers because he shot over 50% from most of the mid-range zones. Same goes for, say, Chris Bosh; he shoots a ton of long twos, but he actually makes them (53% last season from 16-24 ft.), so it's all good. For comparison, Rudy shoots 33% from that range.

12. Like Nilanka, mcHAPPY, Craiger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay and the Anal-Gate Scandal.... O jeez this will be popping up throughout the season if the team struggles.

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://instagram.com/p/e0HUC0Ap_Z/
    your welcome<3
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Uhmmm. Who cares? Michael Grange as usual with another negative tweet towards a Toronto pro athlete. Nothing new there.

Anyway, who really cares how much money is Gay making? you're not the one paying him.

Gay is one of the best SF in the game. Top 5 IMO. And i know a lot of you will disagree but Rudy Gay IMO is the best player we've had since VC. He's the main reason i'm optimistic about this upcoming season.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Uhmmm. Who cares? Michael Grange as usual with another negative tweet towards a Toronto pro athlete. Nothing new there.

Anyway, who really cares how much money is Gay making? you're not the one paying him.

Gay is one of the best SF in the game. Top 5 IMO. And i know a lot of you will disagree but Rudy Gay IMO is the best player we've had since VC. He's the main reason i'm optimistic about this upcoming season.
    This is some pretty simplistic thinking, in my opinion.

I don't care about how much Rudy makes in the sense of who pays him. The issue is the allocation of the salary cap. You might be fine with having him take up 30% of the salary cap, doesn't mean anyone else has to be.

Bosh, as much as I dislike him, is the best player the Raptors have had since VC.
    Tim Leiweke

17. Like tkfu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay never being an all star is a snub imo... especially in the west where the SF competition to get in is heavy, its no longer even about position though its wings and bigs now.

Hes getting paid superstar money and he has played like it previously in his career who cares about an appearance if you play well? Steph Curry only recently became an all star after being snubbed for the past 2 seasons.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is some pretty simplistic thinking, in my opinion.

I don't care about how much Rudy makes in the sense of who pays him. The issue is the allocation of the salary cap. You might be fine with having him take up 30% of the salary cap, doesn't mean anyone else has to be.

Bosh, as much as I dislike him, is the best player the Raptors have had since VC.
    Raptors have never won anything in the Chris Bosh era. Never come close to winning a playoff round.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

Raptors have never won anything in the Chris Bosh era. Never come close to winning a playoff round.
    And he is still the best player since VC on the Raptors.

Hopefully JV can claim that title from him sooner than later.

Sadly making the playoffs for two consecutive years is pretty much near the top of the Raptor success ladder.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Garbo hadn't been injured, I think they take that Nets series. Not to be inflating Bosh's contribution, though; I remember Mikki Moore shutting him down for stretches at a time...

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always thought this kind of statement was meaningless.

The way you win playoff rounds is by having a good roster, good coaching, some luck, in terms of health issues, and some luck in terms of the final few games of the season and what teams out of the playoffs win games form teams in the playoffs. Blaming a single player for a teams performance is just silly. The list of great players who never came close to winning a playoff round with one team and then went on to do extremely well is a long one. By the same token there are a ton of HOF players who never won a championship or even made it to a finals appearance. Is that on them?

Just a silly thing to say.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 to Puffer.

Just because Raps never won anything in the CB4 Era, doens't change the fact that he was a good player. There's once in a generation players that have that ability to take a team onto their shoulders. Just because CB4 wasn't one, doesn't mean he was a "bad" player, by any means.

Thread Information