View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

34 40.48%
  • No.

50 59.52%
Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    anyone catch the Gay interview on NBA tv?
    Nothing serious, they just showed Rudy's shot chart vs Celtics, how efficient he was and quick interview.

Talked about:

Eyes surgery
    Working with Hakeem and expanding game
    Main goal is playoffs, but doesn't want to talk how further they'll go

He also encouraged people to vote on fan night voting Heat vs Raptors.

Dennis ended show in Halloween spirit.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a bit retarded...... a bit.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Watching last night's game, Boston would double-team/send help defense as soon as DeMar would turn his back on the defender. So... That answers that, I think. If a team full of defensive perimeter players (Bradley, Wallace, Lee) would be throwing doubles at him, I'm be certain he'll see more in the near future.
    I would be shocked to see that consistently. Boston only sent the double when Demar was going against the undersized Avery Bradley. I don't remember seeing any when Demar was guarded by anyone else.

Demar wont have favourable match-ups in the post for a lot of games this season. If you are counting on that to open up Lowry's shot, then Lowry will be limited to a few minute stretches per game.

Until Demar/Gay learn to pass out of their drives, or the team gets a real post presence, Lowry will struggle to get open looks on the perimeter.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus the negative attention and criticism is getting worse and worse.....

Last night Rudy Gay did something few people in NBA history has ever accomplished. He took 37 shots from the field and managed to get only 11 to go through the hoop. Many people took to Twitter to celebrate this accomplishment. Here is some of what people said:

‏@TheNBAUpdate Rudy Gay FEWEST POINTS ever (since 1984) for players averaging 20fga/g through their team’s first 8 games.

@TheNBAUpdate Median score for a player with 37 or more FGA: 48 pts.

@tomhaberstroh Most shots Kevin Love has taken in a game this season: 25. Kevin Durant: 24. LeBron: 20 … Rudy Gay MISSED 26 tonight.

‏@tomhaberstroh Prior to tonight, 72 players had taken at least 37 shots since 1985-86. Only 1 failed to score 30. MJ = Rudy Gay. http://bkref.com/tiny/ybkPg

‏@TheNBAUpdate DeRozan and Gay go 17/62 (27.4%). Ironically, the Raptors are also playing their “star” players $27.4 million

‏@ArturoGalletti Congrats to Gay for being the 2nd player to make as few as 11 fg on at least 37 fga http://bkref.com/tiny/IYaQi He needs to sue his eye doctor.

‏@TheNBAUpdate Rudy Gay’s 29 pts on 37 shots is the fewest pts for any player taking 37 or more shots (tied with MJ who had 29pts on 39 shots 11/3/97)

Even I chimed in on the story.

@wagesofwins http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400488976Rudy Gay hits 11 of 37 shots and is ESPN’s “Top Performer”. Quick snapshot of what’s wrong with NBA analysis.
    The only blessing and hope we have is there is an idiot at ESPN who thought he was worthy of "Top Performer". I hope that person is also working for the Bobcats or Cavs.

As one can see, people on Twitter understood that Gay had a bad night. Whoever chooses the “top performer” at ESPN.com, though, disagreed. According to this person, Gay was the top performer for the Raptors last night. And who can argue? Gay did score 29 points. And if you only look at points scored in a box score, then you have to agree Gay was the Raptors “best” player.

But if you understand the other numbers in the box score, you would disagree. In fact, if you simply understood the basic rules of basketball you would have to disagree.
    And this is the kicker:

As Tom Haberstroh noted, Gay MISSED more shots last night than Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, and LeBron James have TAKEN in a single game this year.

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/11/12/an...r-is-rudy-gay/
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

@jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@tomhaberstroh Most shots Kevin Love has taken in a game this season: 25. Kevin Durant: 24. LeBron: 20 … Rudy Gay MISSED 26 tonight.
    Definitely my favourite one.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

The only blessing and hope we have is there is an idiot at ESPN who thought he was worthy of "Top Performer". I hope that person is also working for the Bobcats or Cavs.

As one can see, people on Twitter understood that Gay had a bad night. Whoever chooses the “top performer” at ESPN.com, though, disagreed. According to this person, Gay was the top performer for the Raptors last night. And who can argue? Gay did score 29 points. And if you only look at points scored in a box score, then you have to agree Gay was the Raptors “best” player.

But if you understand the other numbers in the box score, you would disagree. In fact, if you simply understood the basic rules of basketball you would have to disagree.
    nobody chooses the top performer at espn. it is based on this formula:

PTS + REB + 1.4*AST + STL + 1.4*BLK -.7*TO + FGM + .5*FGM -.8*(FGA-FGM) + .25*FTM - .8*(FTA-FTM)

and they track it every night here

it is basically a measure of who was most productive but (obviously) not necessarily efficient, and speaks to the fact that this whole frigging team stinks.

i would imagine rudy gay's trade value is complete dog shit now and really, really wish this team were blown up in the summer as a few posters here were espousing. i see the tenor of the board has changed quite a bit and a lot more are on board with a rebuild, but feel it's way too late to get anything remotely approaching what i would call an asset.

8. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote chris wrote: View Post
    nobody chooses the top performer at espn. it is based on this formula:

PTS + REB + 1.4*AST + STL + 1.4*BLK -.7*TO + FGM + .5*FGM -.8*(FGA-FGM) + .25*FTM - .8*(FTA-FTM)

and they track it every night here

it is basically a measure of who was most productive but (obviously) not necessarily efficient, and speaks to the fact that this whole frigging team stinks.

i would imagine rudy gay's trade value is complete dog shit now and really, really wish this team were blown up in the summer as a few posters here were espousing. i see the tenor of the board has changed quite a bit and a lot more are on board with a rebuild, but feel it's way too late to get anything remotely approaching what i would call an asset.
    THanks for explanation!

I never knew that.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

And people wonder why Masai is playing "wait and see", he's not playing "wait and see", nobody wants Rudy because he's not even worth 1/2 of his contract. Not only that, he's too selfish to assume the role of 3rd option on a contender (which is the role that actually suits his skillset).

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay finding other ways to help Raptors win. Career high 3-pt%, Rebs, Blk avg, best defensive rating. His shooting awfully but, helping in other ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay finding other ways to help Raptors win. Career high 3-pt%, Rebs, Blk avg, best defensive rating. His shooting awfully but, helping in other ways.

Amazing. He's career high in turnovers too.
    Last edited by rocwell; Wed Nov 27th, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

13. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Tapatalk
    Nononono.
    I don't like this.
    He's so bad.
    He's the worst.
    No.

He probably has the the worst turnover to contribution-of-any-kind ratio in the whole league.

Here's another stat I bet would be interesting to look up:
    Does anybody in the league get less points/assists while possessing the ball more?

Why isn't it obvious to everybody watching Raptors basketball that he hurts us more than he helps?
    Blows my mind.
    Melts it.

He makes worse decisions than Casey.
    *Boom*

15. Like jimmie, Puffer, JimiCliff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shrub wrote: View Post
    Nononono.
    I don't like this.
    He's so bad.
    He's the worst.
    No.

He probably has the the worst turnover to contribution-of-any-kind ratio in the whole league.

Does anybody in the league get less points/assists while possessing the ball more?

Why isn't it obvious to everybody watching Raptors basketball that he hurts us more than he helps?
    Blows my mind.
    Melts it.

He makes worse decisions than Casey.
    *Boom*
    Because people are blinded by PPG.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

17. Like ceez liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Because people are blinded by PPG.
    No I'm fooled by this

Career high 3-pt%, Rebs, Blk avg, best defensive rating.

@Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Shrub wrote: View Post

Gay is one of 5 non-PG players with a Usage % over 30% (Westbrook, Irving and Rose are the PG's that make up the only 8 players to reach 30%). The other 5 are Demarcus Cousins, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant and LeBron James.

Usage%
    Melo 32.4%
    Cousins 34.9%
    Durant 30.6%
    Gay 31.1%
    LBJ 30.1%

PPG
    Melo 26.5
    Cousins 25.1
    KD 26.4
    Gay 19.7 - only one under 20
    LBJ 26.7

APG
    Melo 2.6
    Cousins 2.4
    KD 4.8
    Gay 2.3 - lowest of this group
    LBJ 6.8

So to answer the question, no.

Other goodies in this group
    PER
    Melo 22.3
    Cousins 24.5
    KD 26.2
    Gay 15.4 - league avg is considered 15
    LBJ 30.8

Offensive Win Shares
    Melo 1.0
    Cousins 0.4
    KD 2.0
    Gay -0.3 - "but he's clutch" while posting a negative
    LBJ 2.8

TS%
    Melo .517
    Cousins .510
    KD .613
    Gay .462 - only one under .500
    LBJ .691

I could go on but I won't. Simple point is, we all know Gay isn't an elite player, yet we are playing (and paying) him like one.

20. Like S.R. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I will go on lol

Of the 5 players (non-PG) with 30% Usage,

Totals - for the fans who just want results and don't care about advanced stats or per 36
    *Note: Gay has played 1 more game than Cousins or Durant, the same as Melo and 1 less than LBJ. Every time I want to remind you of this, I'll use the *

271 points, fewest of the group and 96 less than Durant*
    Tied with Cousins* with 31 assists on the season - Durant* has 66, LBJ 100 and Melo 37
    67 FTA on the season, 28 less than the next lowest, Cousins*
    264 FGA on the season, only Melo has shot more and is 30 shots more than LBJ*

For the Per36 fans out there (all players average over 30MPG and as a group avg 35.94)
    Only one less than 20 PP36
    Lowest assists per36
    lowest rebounds per36
    lowest FTA per36

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Gay is one of 5 non-PG players with a Usage % over 30% (Westbrook, Irving and Rose are the PG's that make up the only 8 players to reach 30%). The other 5 are Demarcus Cousins, Carmelo Anthony, Kevin Durant and LeBron James.

Usage%
    Melo 32.4%
    Cousins 34.9%
    Durant 30.6%
    Gay 31.1%
    LBJ 30.1%

PPG
    Melo 26.5
    Cousins 25.1
    KD 26.4
    Gay 19.7 - only one under 20
    LBJ 26.7

APG
    Melo 2.6
    Cousins 2.4
    KD 4.8
    Gay 2.3 - lowest of this group
    LBJ 6.8

So to answer the question, no.

Other goodies in this group
    PER
    Melo 22.3
    Cousins 24.5
    KD 26.2
    Gay 15.4 - league avg is considered 15
    LBJ 30.8

Offensive Win Shares
    Melo 1.0
    Cousins 0.4
    KD 2.0
    Gay -0.3 - "but he's clutch" while posting a negative
    LBJ 2.8

TS%
    Melo .517
    Cousins .510
    KD .613
    Gay .462 - only one under .500
    LBJ .691

I could go on but I won't. Simple point is, we all know Gay isn't an elite player, yet we are playing (and paying) him like one.
    Lol I don't even like Rudy Gay, but it's hilarious how biased this post is.

You conveniently left out the 3 other players with 30%+ usage because they are the only ones shooting <50% TS along with Gay.

Westbrook: 20ppg on 47.2 TS%
    Rose: 15.9ppg on 44.6 TS%
    Irving: 21.0ppg on 49.4 TS%

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to think that the best thing Masai can do is to trade Rudy & Lowry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nosike wrote: View Post
    Lol I don't even like Rudy Gay, but it's hilarious how biased this post is.

You conveniently left out the 3 other players with 30%+ usage because they are the only ones shooting <50% TS along with Gay.

Westbrook: 20ppg on 47.2 TS%
    Rose: 15.9ppg on 44.6 TS%
    Irving: 21.0ppg on 49.4 TS%
    I left out Point Guards because their positional responsibilities are completely different than players at the 3/4. No bias, just simple apples to apples. But since you insist in sticking your bias in, I'll include them. In case you forgot, the original question was whether Gay has the least # of points and assists of players who control the ball the most, so TS% doesn't really apply to answering the question, I merely included it since it is a good indicator of the quality of the scorer.

PPG
    Irving and Westbrook are both over 20, which means Gay is only ahead of the rehabbed D. Rose

APG (since you insist on using PGs)
    Rudy still is in last

PER
    Irving 18 - ahead of Gay but below the previous group
    Westbrook 15.8 - almost the same as Gay, but still slightly ahead but below the previous group
    Rose 10.7 - congrats Gay, you beat someone!

OWS
    Irving 0.4
    Westbrook -0.2 (negative but still better than Gay)
    Rose -0.4 - congrats again Gay, you beat someone

TS%
    Irving .494 - better than Gay
    Westbrook .472 - better than Gay
    Rose .446 - Gay with the win, beating D. Rose in 4 categories.
    Last edited by Axel; Thu Nov 28th, 2013 at 12:33 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    I left out Point Guards because their positional responsibilities are completely different than players at the 3/4. No bias, just simple apples to apples. But since you insist in sticking your bias in, I'll include them. In case you forgot, the original question was whether Gay has the least # of points and assists of players who control the ball the most, so TS% doesn't really apply to answering the question, I merely included it since it is a good indicator of the quality of the scorer.

PPG
    Irving and Westbrook are both over 20, which means Gay is only ahead of the rehabbed D. Rose

APG (since you insist on using PGs)
    Rudy still is in last

PER
    Irving 18 - ahead of Gay but below the previous group
    Westbrook 15.8 - almost the same as Gay, but still slightly ahead but below the previous group
    Rose 10.7 - congrats Gay, you beat someone!

OWS
    Irving 0.4
    Westbrook -0.2 (negative but still better than Gay)
    Rose -0.4 - congrats again Gay, you beat someone

TS%
    Irving .494 - better than Gay
    Westbrook .472 - better than Gay
    Rose .446 - Gay with the win, beating D. Rose in 4 categories.
    So the answer to the question is no, Derrick Rose does but Gay is second last.

Now you've properly answered the question.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information