View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    34 40.48%
  • No.

    50 59.52%
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 871

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay just lost his grandmother at the start of this season she went to all of his home games and she was battling illness all last season. She died right after Xmas he left every game in a hurry to visit her at the hospital.

    That will take you out of the swing of things. She pretty much raised him, more than his actual parents.
    Damn thats sad. no wonder he wasn't playing well, you think the media would have known that and toned their criticism a bit.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Makes sense. Just going to that arena every night was probably a constant reminder of her. Actually that whole city probably was. He definitely needed a change of scenery
    Lowry even went to her funeral
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic Rookie Theshwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amazing video I found on a grizzlies forum


  4. #64
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raptors overpaid!! Davis will be the best player in this deal!!

    I heard a lot of those words on the radio yesterday and on twitter earlier today.

    I still can't believe people were saying the Raps overpaid to get Gay because to me this is a straight up steal. It's not even close!! Colangelo is a GENIUS.

    Calderon is an expiring contract and Davis, i'm a huge fan but what exactly is his ceiling? i see him as an Amir Johnson type of player. Energy guy, that will put up points and grab lots of rebounds if given the mins. And even if, let's say he turns out to be a Chris Bosh type of player(i doubt it) i'd still take Rudy Gay over Chris Bosh.

    Raptors basically got a superstar in Rudy Gay without giving up anything. They didn't give up their 2 young prospects in JV and TR. They didn't give up DeMar. This is a straight up steal for the Raptors.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  5. #65
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very much agreed. Huge steal, we all love Calderon and Ed, but they didn't, and weren't going to make the impact Gay will do for us now, and in the future.

  6. #66
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



    Wooooooooo! Amazing debut! Lovin' this guy already! Great defender, awesome shot creator and maker.

  7. #67
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Screw Rudy Gay and the mule he rode in on. He's happy to be in Toronto. Good for him. I'm glad he's gone. Wait till he sees how much less his net pay will be in Toronto; and how he will experience not being on a play-off team.

    Glad he helped beat the Clippers. This only makes it better that he's gone.


    He never liked Memphis or understood what it meant to have to play hard every game. The "most interesting man in the world" parody he tried to use to get all star votes fit him well. He thinks he's too cool and sophisticated for Memphis. He's a "wuss". Just like he was when he played for U- Conn. Hope he enjoy the 6 months of winter and struggling to make even the weak*** Eastern Conference play-offs.
    Rudy with two alley-opps and nice threes...Shot 50%. I told my boys Rudy played opposum. He played his way into being traded. Both Rudy and Mayo knew it was the quickest was to get to larger markets.
    some interesting comments being posted by Memphis fans on their boards

  8. #68
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    some interesting comments being posted by Memphis fans on their boards
    Haha thats so pathetic. Shows how crappy their fan base is. Who bashes a former player like that? especially one like Rudy Gay who's a great high character guy.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  9. #69
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Haha thats so pathetic. Shows how crappy their fan base is. Who bashes a former player like that? especially one like Rudy Gay who's a great high character guy.
    Well, Memphis is a small market, unlike Toronto, which is quite frankly a big market. Small market fans tend to be VERY passionate, and very hard on their players. But, it's not like us Raptors fans aren't passionate and hard on our guys, we at least take care of our guys.

  10. #70
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think he's going to be that type of player.

    There are very, very, very few superstars in this league. But, I think he will be averaging around 20-22 a game which would keep him in the top 8-10 in ppg. These guys are about to run. They have one of the most athletic perimeter team in the league, a PG that loves to push the ball and big men that can run. They will be fun to watch.

    It'll be interesting to see what kinda player he turns into there with a lot less pressure this season and next season.
    Rudy, IMO, is gonna break out in Toronto. I think he's been yearning for this time of opportunity. The building in Toronto has been buzzing since he entered the game. Suddenly he's making 3s. He's got 2 electrifying alley-oops from Derozen and the Raptors are playing inspired.

    Kinda makes me sad. Toronto is running the Clippers, up 45-30 with 20 secs left in the half.
    Commentators saying they are the most athletic team in the east. They stomped the clippers and Rudy had 20 of of the bench. Dang you couldn't have a better debut than that.

    NBA TV talking about his "shot creation" and how that opens up shots for everyone else. Now they are talking about letting him play the Four some. I'm shedding a tear.
    more interesting comments from Memphis fans.. seems they are split 50/50 in support/hate of gay

  11. #71
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Haha thats so pathetic. Shows how crappy their fan base is. Who bashes a former player like that? especially one like Rudy Gay who's a great high character guy.
    dude seriously? do you realize what our fanbase is like??

  12. #72
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,052
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    dude seriously? do you realize what our fanbase is like??
    Key word. FORMER. We bash on former players for being poor professionals and poor characters; Carter, Mcgrady Bosh, Turkoglu. But we stand and clap for those great pros and characters; Alvin Williams, Ed Davis, Jose Calderon, Garbajosa, Nesterovic.

  13. #73
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    dude seriously? do you realize what our fanbase is like??
    But Rudy gay isn't a douche like VC and Bosh if you think about it. he got traded, he didn't leave on his own
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  14. #74
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Key word. FORMER. We bash on former players for being poor professionals and poor characters; Carter, Mcgrady Bosh, Turkoglu. But we stand and clap for those great pros and characters; Alvin Williams, Ed Davis, Jose Calderon, Garbajosa, Nesterovic.
    +1 Exactly! Rudy Gay is high character so he should have been praised for all the things he did for memphis. Unlike guys like VC, Turkoglu and Bosh. 2 of who were lazy shits who didn't give a crap about the franchise or the fanbase
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  15. #75
    Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default All aboard the Rudy bandwagon!

    I know it's still early but I have to say; there was so much bad talk about the trade, how Jose shouldn't have been traded, how losing Ed was a fatal mistake and how Rudy just clogs the floor and shoots too much blah blah blah.But then talking with people after the Clips game and reading different internet blogs and what not, all of a sudden those people have changed their tone!? As much as I loved Jose and Ed I was all for the trade and couldn't understand why people didn't see the Raptors talent level take a big jump up (which is exactly what we needed) Instead, everyone seemed to focus on all the negatives.
    Now after Rudy's debut, a blow out over the Clips and him being the high scorer -watch all the people who hated the trade suddenly jump on his jock. watch

    Being a long time lurker and a Raptor fan from the very beginning I must say that Raptor fans are some of the most fickle fans out there - just my 2cents

  16. #76
    Raptors Republic Starter omgsomuchpotential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote theshwa wrote: View Post
    amazing video i found on a grizzlies forum

    hahahahahha, lmao!

  17. #77
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSchool wrote: View Post
    I know it's still early but I have to say; there was so much bad talk about the trade, how Jose shouldn't have been traded, how losing Ed was a fatal mistake and how Rudy just clogs the floor and shoots too much blah blah blah.But then talking with people after the Clips game and reading different internet blogs and what not, all of a sudden those people have changed their tone!? As much as I loved Jose and Ed I was all for the trade and couldn't understand why people didn't see the Raptors talent level take a big jump up (which is exactly what we needed) Instead, everyone seemed to focus on all the negatives.
    Now after Rudy's debut, a blow out over the Clips and him being the high scorer -watch all the people who hated the trade suddenly jump on his jock. watch

    Being a long time lurker and a Raptor fan from the very beginning I must say that Raptor fans are some of the most fickle fans out there - just my 2cents
    I agree the assets given up to get Gay were more than worth it. In addition to everything you mentioned, they were a 16-30 team.

    As for fickleness, very much agreed (myself included), but it does keep things lively around here at the very least.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  18. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fans are allowed to be bandwagoners of players on their own team...

    Not 'everyone' focused in the negatives. If you look at the polls it was about 50-50 in favour and against the deal. And there's also a group a people, like me, who are in wait and see mode, but enjoyed last nights game.

    Many of the people who were against the trade will be holding back now; you'll hear them when the next two games won't go as well. Some might have moved on.
    Last edited by Soft Euro; Sat Feb 2nd, 2013 at 02:17 PM.

  19. #79
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    I think that many folks (including many Raptors fans) might have seriously underrated this trade for the Raptors. Basketball is a funny game, that relies a lot on chemistry and situational performance. Having three players such as Lowry, DeRozan and Gay might look like too much of the same thing, but it also creates all sorts of problems for defences. If Gay brings a lot of energy along with his length and athleticism, I think it will open up a lot of options for other players. If this works out, it is going to be a blast.
    Nostradamus points for this one.

  20. #80
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    I think that many folks (including many Raptors fans) might have seriously underrated this trade for the Raptors. Basketball is a funny game, that relies a lot on chemistry and situational performance. Having three players such as Lowry, DeRozan and Gay might look like too much of the same thing, but it also creates all sorts of problems for defences. If Gay brings a lot of energy along with his length and athleticism, I think it will open up a lot of options for other players. If this works out, it is going to be a blast.
    If Gay can return to his 39% pre shoulder injury 3pt shooting, DD keeps setting others up as he has been, and Fields spends the summer getting his neurons firing again........... nope, can't get my hopes up like this.

    Raps are doomed! Doomed I say! Ahhhhh the tranquility of hopelessness.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •