View Poll Results: Would you swap Ross for Davis in the Gay trade if possible?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    34 40.48%
  • No.

    50 59.52%
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 871

Thread: Everything Rudy Gay

  1. #801
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Primo Pasta... but Gay isn't much better.

    IF it was Gay and Primo Pasta combined... oh god.

  2. #802
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rudy Gay BY FAR. Its not even close.

    Never hated Bargnani. The REAL problem with Andrea was, the expectations after being drafted 1st overall was sky high. It didn't help when Colangelo mentioned Bargnani in the same sentence as Dirk Nowitzki back in draft night. And the TO media didn't help either started writing stuff about him being the 'next' Dirk Nowitzki.

    The same people that booed Bargs last year, i bet are the same people that bought into the Nowitzki hype.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  3. #803
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay BY FAR. Its not even close.

    Never hated Bargnani. The REAL problem with Andrea was, the expectations after being drafted 1st overall was sky high. It didn't help when Colangelo mentioned Bargnani in the same sentence as Dirk Nowitzki back in draft night. And the TO media didn't help either started writing stuff about him being the 'next' Dirk Nowitzki.

    The same people that booed Bargs last year, i bet are the same people that bought into the Nowitzki hype.
    Also with Andrea, he was okay (I think) with coming off the bench after we realized that it just wasn't working out with him. I'm not sure if we can do that with Rudy.

  4. #804
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man, we got rid of one cancer to the team but now it's come back worse than before.

  5. Like isaacthompson liked this post
  6. #805
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rudy Gay's trade value is at an all-time low, I think you have to put something up sooner rather then later. I know Cleveland is definitely interested in him.

  7. #806
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay's trade value is at an all-time low, I think you have to put something up sooner rather then later. I know Cleveland is definitely interested in him.
    When did you talk to them? :P

  8. #807
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    718
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I recently watched the all-access interview with Rudy and Demar. I may be looking too much into it but whatever, that's what we do here. Even in an all-access interview, I got the impression that Rudy has this internal competition with DeMar -- judging by some of the comments he was making.

    For example, after Demar answers a question, Rudy made comments like "I got a better one" [or] "Well for me, etc." It's like he has to prove that he's better than Demar and as an outsider tuning in, that's a bad sign for your team -- because this is just an interview!! Like really, dude?

    On the court, I notice the same thing. These two constantly take turns & try to "create" offense (for themselves) and it really pisses me off since it's dreadful basketball. It's very similar to the Knicks' offense this year where the ball sticks which makes it EASY for professional NBA players to defend.

    Although I must say, Demar is a little better with moving the ball & recognizing the double teams. At least he tries to beat the double with the pass even though they get him especially when they double off the dribble. His handles are very average (it's getting better though) which causes difficulty in gathering his dribble for a quick pass.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

    -- Charles Barkley

  9. Like drunkmunky, charlesnba23 liked this post
  10. #808
    Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Queq'part
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Torch19 I agree with you. Rudy Gay is not suited to be on that team and he doesn't like it here, it's simple as that. Gotta trade him as quick as possible, sadly.

  11. #809
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Until he recognizes and acknowledges that Demar is better at ball handling and dribble pen, only then will he start playing his role and his numbers will go up.

    I never thought about them 2 really competing AGAINST each other... that's really shit but you bring up a really valid point.
    Being stubborn and competing internally would explain why he isn't sharing the ball, or listening/respecting the rest of the team. He's blinded.

    This is a horrible comparison because the Raptors are no where near the skill and professionalism level as the big 3 but they didn't really Gel until Dwade recognized that Lebron was the leader of the team.

  12. #810
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I'm trying to figure out who's had the worse affect on this Raps team... Gay or Primo Pasta.
    Based on long-term affects, Bargnani definitely is worse.

    If you look at the stats...Barg's worst season (last year with 35 games played) is comparable in some ways though.

    OffRtg
    Barg 94
    Gay 92

    DRtg
    Barg 109
    Gay 100

    OWS
    Barg -0.5
    Gay -0.4

    TurnOver% (estimated number of turnovers per 100 possessions)
    Bargs 10.5%
    Gay 13.4%

    TS%
    Barg .482
    Gay .460

    Usage%
    Barg 23.8%
    Gay 30.9%

    It is fairly close with each having some stats in their favor. Barg's was a lower usage guy (and less minutes per game) with fewer turnovers and better shooting, but Gay has a better NET Rtg (OffRtg & DRtg) and slightly better OWS (although both in the negative).

    I won't declare a winner as both cases are awful. It is sadly a fair comparison at this point.

  13. #811
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At this point I realize that hailing any unproven player as a "savior" of the franchise can quickly turn things sour for that player.

  14. #812
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default RG the ultimate team guy

    "Unlike Johnson, who took his demotion grudgingly but without overt protest, Gay indicated he wouldn’t go willingly when the subject was broached. “Me? Would I ever come off the bench?” he said, when I asked him about it. “No. I think this team needs me in the starting lineup. Maybe on a different team, maybe in the long run… But here? No.”


    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...off-the-bench/


    Hidden messages aplenty? Different team? Long run? Here?

  15. #813
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,654
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At this point, the only thing we can hope for is that Gay doesn't pick up his player option, and he simply becomes an expiring contract this year.

    I can't believe I was for the Gay acquisition last year. I've never seen a more selfish player in my life.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  16. Like Axel liked this post
  17. #814
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    "Unlike Johnson, who took his demotion grudgingly but without overt protest, Gay indicated he wouldn’t go willingly when the subject was broached. “Me? Would I ever come off the bench?” he said, when I asked him about it. “No. I think this team needs me in the starting lineup. Maybe on a different team, maybe in the long run… But here? No.”


    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...off-the-bench/


    Hidden messages aplenty? Different team? Long run? Here?
    Oh man. I read that as "I'm too good to play off the bench for this crap team." I didn't think it was possible for me to dislike Gay more but...Can we send him down to the D-League? Now that would be a message.

  18. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  19. #815
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    At this point, the only thing we can hope for is that Gay doesn't pick up his player option, and he simply becomes an expiring contract this year.

    I can't believe I was for the Gay acquisition last year. I've never seen a more selfish player in my life.
    So we shouldn't bring up posts like this

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Pinch me, I'm dreaming!
    Hopefully you were right and we are just dreaming, and we'll wake up and it'll still be T-Mac and VC taking the court next game.

  20. Like Nilanka liked this post
  21. #816
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My own take is that he believes he is not going to be with the team....so padding his stats is in his best interests (flexibility re his opt out and long term deal). The bench is not a good place to negotiate from. In any case the Raps have a value problem obviously. period. Just hope he finds his shot in the next couple of weeks. MU can double down and move DD come off the bench. He'll be pissed of course but I believe we need to separate the two.

  22. Like S.R., mcHAPPY liked this post
  23. #817
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You know what's craaaaaaaazy? What if one year ago someone came in and said, "I can give you a SF who will give you 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg, and 1.5 bpg. Do you want him?" And everyone would say "Yaaaaaaaaay! We haven't had a SF with that kind of production in 10 years!"

    Isn't that crazy? Context is everything.

  24. Like Nilanka liked this post
  25. #818
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    You know what's craaaaaaaazy? What if one year ago someone came in and said, "I can give you a SF who will give you 20 ppg, 7 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg, and 1.5 bpg. Do you want him?" And everyone would say "Yaaaaaaaaay! We haven't had a SF with that kind of production in 10 years!"

    Isn't that crazy? Context is everything.
    Lots of people were saying "YAY!" for just that reason....sigh...Now look where we are, and what we're stuck with....

  26. #819
    Raptors Republic Starter S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    My own take is that he believes he is not going to be with the team....so padding his stats is in his best interests (flexibility re his opt out and long term deal). The bench is not a good place to negotiate from. In any case the Raps have a value problem obviously. period. Just hope he finds his shot in the next couple of weeks. MU can double down and move DD come off the bench. He'll be pissed of course but I believe we need to separate the two.
    MU has to decide soon if he can get any value for Gay. If not, I'd be fine with the risk of alienating/pissing him off by taking a hardline coaching approach. It's happened before - guys have been paid millions to sit in a suit b/c they help the team more by not playing. Gay's potentially an expiring contract - the best outcome of which may soon be just letting it expire rather than taking longer term commitments in return.

    At this point I'm more interested in the development of some of the young guys than maintaining Gay's questionable trade value.

  27. #820
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    MU can get value out of a bag of smashed a#$holes. Bargs value was quite low as well, but he netted a very good return on him all things considered. Gays contract is much less appealing, but his game is much more appealing than Bargs. I'm guessing MU will be able to get something for Gay if indeed he gets traded. But at this point, is it even important to get value back. addition by subtraction, that's where Gay sits in my books.

Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •