Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay just lost his grandmother at the start of this season she went to all of his home games and she was battling illness all last season. She died right after Xmas he left every game in a hurry to visit her at the hospital.

That will take you out of the swing of things. She pretty much raised him, more than his actual parents.
    Damn thats sad. no wonder he wasn't playing well, you think the media would have known that and toned their criticism a bit.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Makes sense. Just going to that arena every night was probably a constant reminder of her. Actually that whole city probably was. He definitely needed a change of scenery
      Lowry even went to her funeral
      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Amazing video I found on a grizzlies forum

Comment

Raptors overpaid!! Davis will be the best player in this deal!!

I heard a lot of those words on the radio yesterday and on twitter earlier today.

I still can't believe people were saying the Raps overpaid to get Gay because to me this is a straight up steal. It's not even close!! Colangelo is a GENIUS.

Calderon is an expiring contract and Davis, i'm a huge fan but what exactly is his ceiling? i see him as an Amir Johnson type of player. Energy guy, that will put up points and grab lots of rebounds if given the mins. And even if, let's say he turns out to be a Chris Bosh type of player(i doubt it) i'd still take Rudy Gay over Chris Bosh.

Raptors basically got a superstar in Rudy Gay without giving up anything. They didn't give up their 2 young prospects in JV and TR. They didn't give up DeMar. This is a straight up steal for the Raptors.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Very much agreed. Huge steal, we all love Calderon and Ed, but they didn't, and weren't going to make the impact Gay will do for us now, and in the future.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Wooooooooo! Amazing debut! Lovin' this guy already! Great defender, awesome shot creator and maker.

Comment

Screw Rudy Gay and the mule he rode in on. He's happy to be in Toronto. Good for him. I'm glad he's gone. Wait till he sees how much less his net pay will be in Toronto; and how he will experience not being on a play-off team.

Glad he helped beat the Clippers. This only makes it better that he's gone.

He never liked Memphis or understood what it meant to have to play hard every game. The "most interesting man in the world" parody he tried to use to get all star votes fit him well. He thinks he's too cool and sophisticated for Memphis. He's a "wuss". Just like he was when he played for U- Conn. Hope he enjoy the 6 months of winter and struggling to make even the weak*** Eastern Conference play-offs.
                Rudy with two alley-opps and nice threes...Shot 50%. I told my boys Rudy played opposum. He played his way into being traded. Both Rudy and Mayo knew it was the quickest was to get to larger markets.
                some interesting comments being posted by Memphis fans on their boards

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  some interesting comments being posted by Memphis fans on their boards
                  Haha thats so pathetic. Shows how crappy their fan base is. Who bashes a former player like that? especially one like Rudy Gay who's a great high character guy.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    Haha thats so pathetic. Shows how crappy their fan base is. Who bashes a former player like that? especially one like Rudy Gay who's a great high character guy.
                    Well, Memphis is a small market, unlike Toronto, which is quite frankly a big market. Small market fans tend to be VERY passionate, and very hard on their players. But, it's not like us Raptors fans aren't passionate and hard on our guys, we at least take care of our guys.

Comment

I don't think he's going to be that type of player.

There are very, very, very few superstars in this league. But, I think he will be averaging around 20-22 a game which would keep him in the top 8-10 in ppg. These guys are about to run. They have one of the most athletic perimeter team in the league, a PG that loves to push the ball and big men that can run. They will be fun to watch.

It'll be interesting to see what kinda player he turns into there with a lot less pressure this season and next season.
                      Rudy, IMO, is gonna break out in Toronto. I think he's been yearning for this time of opportunity. The building in Toronto has been buzzing since he entered the game. Suddenly he's making 3s. He's got 2 electrifying alley-oops from Derozen and the Raptors are playing inspired.

Kinda makes me sad. Toronto is running the Clippers, up 45-30 with 20 secs left in the half.
                      Commentators saying they are the most athletic team in the east. They stomped the clippers and Rudy had 20 of of the bench. Dang you couldn't have a better debut than that.

NBA TV talking about his "shot creation" and how that opens up shots for everyone else. Now they are talking about letting him play the Four some. I'm shedding a tear.
                      more interesting comments from Memphis fans.. seems they are split 50/50 in support/hate of gay

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        dude seriously? do you realize what our fanbase is like??

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                          Key word. FORMER. We bash on former players for being poor professionals and poor characters; Carter, Mcgrady Bosh, Turkoglu. But we stand and clap for those great pros and characters; Alvin Williams, Ed Davis, Jose Calderon, Garbajosa, Nesterovic.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                            But Rudy gay isn't a douche like VC and Bosh if you think about it. he got traded, he didn't leave on his own

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                              Key word. FORMER. We bash on former players for being poor professionals and poor characters; Carter, Mcgrady Bosh, Turkoglu. But we stand and clap for those great pros and characters; Alvin Williams, Ed Davis, Jose Calderon, Garbajosa, Nesterovic.
                              +1 Exactly! Rudy Gay is high character so he should have been praised for all the things he did for memphis. Unlike guys like VC, Turkoglu and Bosh. 2 of who were lazy shits who didn't give a crap about the franchise or the fanbase

Comment

All aboard the Rudy bandwagon!

I know it's still early but I have to say; there was so much bad talk about the trade, how Jose shouldn't have been traded, how losing Ed was a fatal mistake and how Rudy just clogs the floor and shoots too much blah blah blah.But then talking with people after the Clips game and reading different internet blogs and what not, all of a sudden those people have changed their tone!? As much as I loved Jose and Ed I was all for the trade and couldn't understand why people didn't see the Raptors talent level take a big jump up (which is exactly what we needed) Instead, everyone seemed to focus on all the negatives.
                                Now after Rudy's debut, a blow out over the Clips and him being the high scorer -watch all the people who hated the trade suddenly jump on his jock. watch

Being a long time lurker and a Raptor fan from the very beginning I must say that Raptor fans are some of the most fickle fans out there - just my 2cents

Comment

Working...
                                X