X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince looked good, and they have extra depth, never know

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Yeah, I assume that'll go up....Also, I fully agree with the perspective that the trade destroyed Memphis' playoff chances. They might still make a deep run, but they won't really contend.

I really can't imagine Memphis keeps sitting still. It was stupid, by all accounts, for them to trade Gay now instead of at the end of the season. If they're retooling, then they might as well try and trade Randolph for wing help now. It's pretty obvious they're making Conley and Gasol teh core moving forward. They're cheaper than Randolph and Gay, and play harder positions to fill. Still though, you need at least one dynamic wing player to win in this league, and now Memphis lacks that very badly. I hope for Ed's sake, they trade Randolph for a younger wing. A core of Gasol, Ed, Conley and a solid wing can easily rise quickly again.
      Raptors have been there, and done that.... Finally, the Raptors have addressed their wing position, at the expense of Memphis. This league is increasingly about athleticism on the wing, so I still don't understand why so many Raptors fans and sports journalists were so down on the Gay trade.

Comment

Vince said Rodman used to do it to him

(he used to eat onions before the game not shower, and vince said that after the game you just wanted to go to the showers because his stink was all over you)

I suspect Vince took a page out of Rodmans book and ate some raw onions before the game.
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
          Raptors have been there, and done that.... Finally, the Raptors have addressed their wing position, at the expense of Memphis. This league is increasingly about athleticism on the wing, so I still don't understand why so many Raptors fans and sports journalists were so down on the Gay trade.
          i would have to guess is it's because of how well ed davis was playing and how much rudy gay makes. i have to say i was one of those that believed it was a bad trade for the raptors because of the potential upside of ed davis and given how well he was playing as a starter, but as this trade has settled in and got to see rudy play in a raps uni, i'm fully on board.

again it's too early to say if this is gonna work in the long run (it's only been one game and rudy hasn't even had a practice yet), but last night shows it looks promising.

Comment

Amazing trade....2 1/2 months of Calderon and Davis for Gay.
            Clearly a salary dump by Memphis.
            Now what if Bargnani decides he wants to buy in and be part of the team's program.
            We might finally have something very special in Toronto !

Comment

toronto raptors ‏@raptors

demar derozan on rudy gay: "you saw it tonight. No practices. A player of his calibre can't do anything but help us" http://on.nba.com/14wbixo
              talent!

Comment

This was a money trade for Memphis and a basketball trade for the Raptors. I was on board as soon as I heard it, and would have been all over it before the season. Davis has some potential, but I don't think he'll ever be as good as Gay. The Raptors already have their future big man (JV) and Amir is an efficient PF who is improving each month. It's nice to see that the Raptors weren't afraid to use their financial flexibility to nab a top wing player. I think that Gay, DeRozan and Ross are going to be a scary wing rotation. In the future, I can see them even going "small" at times with JV, Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Lowry. I think that this move has been seriously underestimated by "experts" and many Raptors fans.

Comment

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                  It's called posturing.... we wanted Gay but we did not want to give the kitchen sink. I am happy with the price, feel we could of easily overpaid, if fans did not big up Jose and Ed we may not been able to get such a good deal for you nancies.
                  Wait, are you saying that the Memphis GM decided on this deal because he read this forum and realized that he better pull the trigger because the posters here liked Jose and Ed so much? Wow.... thanks for getting us such a good deal!

Comment

Bouncepass wrote: View Post
                    Wait, are you saying that the Memphis GM decided on this deal because he read this forum and realized that he better pull the trigger because the posters here liked Jose and Ed so much? Wow.... thanks for getting us such a good deal!
                    while i dont think any of the posts on here would sway & GM to trade, i do think that local public perceptions of players does get taken into account alot of the time. face it if a whole fanbase thinks a player sucks it def. can decrease there value so why couldnt it work the other way aswell?

Comment

• Did you guys HAVE to name the thread this... *facepalm*

Comment

• http://www.3sob.com/february-2013/in...ay-trade/6405/

interesting interview with steve kyler explaining how gay wanted out of memphis

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                          http://www.3sob.com/february-2013/in...ay-trade/6405/

interesting interview with steve kyler explaining how gay wanted out of memphis
                          Steve Kyler is a douche. Up until the final hours he was saying this deal was not going to happen. Since then he has been talking about how Lowry and Gay are going to leave. DOUCHE.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Steve Kyler is a douche. Up until the final hours he was saying this deal was not going to happen. Since then he has been talking about how Lowry and Gay are going to leave. DOUCHE.
                            Really?? fuck that noise

Comment

• chrischris wrote: View Post
                              Anytime you have a Rap-for-life type player in Calderon that always gave 100%, you're going to have people upset. Also, losing a young 23 year old F will ALWAYS be hard. Ed stepped it up this year and took a huge leap in his development. Who knows what he will turn in to. Unfortunately, I don't think we see it in Memphis. He just wont get the minutes. I really feel bad for Ed

In terms of people 'jumping on the Rudy bandwagon', I call that BS. The Raps have been a struggling team for years. We finally make a move that looks like a great one, and you're upset people are excited?

If you lose, people wont watch. if you win, people watch. Simple as that.
                              um no, im upset that people were knocking the trade and acting as if it was the further demise of the franchise. Like you said "we make a move that looks like a great one" ...did you read my post? i was ranting against all those who said the opposite. Im also calling out all those who say one thing then turn around and say something else a day or two later...damn I have to explain this?

"if you lose, people wont watch. if you win, people watch. simple as that." yes, that sentance is simple...but what the hell are you talking about!?

I agree though about losing Ed - I really liked the kid. Having said that, Im pretty sure he won't ever be making an all-star appearance and its sad he won't be seeing much PT in Memphis

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...trade-rudy-gay

heres an example of all the negativity I was talking about ... I heard about the trade at work so of course I checked the net for more info and all could find were people knocking the Raps for the trade, I turn on the TV and analyst (outside of Toroto) were calling the trade a bad one. I couldnt believe it . Like I said its still early but I thought this was a good trade when it was first rumoured months ago. So now after Rudy's debut Im surfing and watching for news and well well well...no one saying anything bad anymore.
                                Sorry I know this is life and this is the nature of sports and sport fans but I just wanted to rant about this fickleness once and for all.

There its off my chest =)

Comment

Working...
                                X