Allen Iverson is The Answer
      To a question Toronto will never ask.

Comment

Eric Bledsoe
        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=adka8c2

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
          Allen Iverson is The Answer
          Besides Allen comes off the bench for no one.

Comment

qb5PHILA@hotmail.com wrote: View Post
            Why would the Clippers go for this exactly?
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              To a question Toronto will never ask.
              I think they should try to ask Yes, he's old, but if I remember well, Raptors offered 30M/3years to a guy who's even older. Not saying that we can compare Iverson with Nash, but I'm sure he would accept to play for a little smaller salary like, for example, vet minimum on 10 days contract
              Last edited by japetas; Fri Feb 1, 2013, 02:28 PM.
              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

As an interim, finish the season point guard, the Raptors should consider Shelvin Mack. He has NBA experience and has been playing well in the D League. Mack has decent size for a pg and a good 3 point shot.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/shelvin_mack/

Comment

I thought you were joking with your first post!

He's been washed up since Denver traded him to Detroit! He's also a total head case who could care less about his team or winning, as evidenced by his refusal to start his comeback in the D-League or to accept backup roles before he was booted out of the NBA.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                    As an interim, finish the season point guard, the Raptors should consider Shelvin Mack. He has NBA experience and has been playing well in the D League. Mack has decent size for a pg and a good 3 point shot.

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/shelvin_mack/
                    Shelvin Mack is actually a fair player. I don't mind signing him to a 10-day, although I would rather sign Machado (potential) or Uzoh (proven as a Raptor).
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Here's the easiest, fairest and most realistic (I think) straight-up Tor/Min trade I can think of: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ao5th5h

Minnesota upgrades their backup PF position, gets a starting SG (they've been playing PGs in that spot since Roy went down with injury) and gets to keep their primary trade chips (Williams & Pekovic).

Toronto gets a solid backup PG, unloads Bargnani's contract and clears the logjam at the wing positions. 1.5 years of Roy's $5M contract is much easier to deal with than Bargnani's contract, especially if/when Kleiza's $4.5M salary is amnestied in the offseason - or they could get lucky and Roy could simply retire. Plus, Toronto saves $1.75M this season (pro-rated, of course).

Another option would be to do this as part of a 3-way trade with Minny & Lakers, with Bargnani going to LA and Gasol going to Minny.
                      How is this fair for Minny? They could use a SG like AA, but their season is already pretty much in the crapper and Bargs isn't going to salvage it. Bargs is also a terrible player to have on the same roster as Love, when Love comes back healthy. This deal looks like Minny doing us a favor. We get a backup PG through next season and save a ton of money. THey get a redundant player on their roster, and a SG/SF who will be gone after the season is over without saving them any money.

It would definitely take a bigger trade. Minny has no use for Bargs. They want Pau. I also don't know that LA will get Bargs and be able to sell that to their fans. I feel a 4-team trade coming, with those 3 plus the Hawks.

Comment

I thought you were joking with your first post!
                        Ouch, now i feel little ashamed
                        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
                          Ouch, now i feel little ashamed
                          haha no worries, we've all got our own opinions of which backup PG we should target, none more valid than the rest!

I just assumed he was finished. I actually thought his entire comeback attempt was a joke.

Comment

Uzoh is absolute garbage. I'd feel more confident with Anderson as our pseudo 3rd string PG.

Having said that, I do still feel that Lucas (with consistent backup minutes), is more than capable of relieving Lowry for 15-20 minutes per game.

He just needs to work on his shot-selection....as does the whole team, for that matter....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Uzoh is absolute garbage. I'd feel more confident with Anderson as our pseudo 3rd string PG.

Having said that, I do still feel that Lucas (with consistent backup minutes), is more than capable of relieving Lowry for 15-20 minutes per game.

He just needs to work on his shot-selection....as does the whole team, for that matter....
                              I think the idea with Uzoh is that if you cannot find a PG on the trade market, it likely forces you to make a D-League signing. Uzoh is familiar with the team and system. He also brings a more normal PG mentality. He won't be a chucker like Lucas, and he's big, a good defender, and very good rebounding PG. I can live with that. You say Uzoh is garbage as if Lucas is not. When Lucas' shot is not falling, he brings absolutely nothing to the team, and, in fact, is quite detrimental to the team.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                                Allan Anderson for Kirk Hinrich would be a solid deal
                                You really think Chicago would make that trade? No way.

Comment

Working...
                                X