Backup PG we should go after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Uzoh is absolute garbage. I'd feel more confident with Anderson as our pseudo 3rd string PG.

Having said that, I do still feel that Lucas (with consistent backup minutes), is more than capable of relieving Lowry for 15-20 minutes per game.

He just needs to work on his shot-selection....as does the whole team, for that matter....
    Agreed.

Comment

Uzoh is not garbage come on dude thats harsh lol hes solid I would honestly rather him playing 10 minutes back up over Lucas chucking Uzoh is a way better play maker and plays safe to hold a lead.

Comment

I heard Ridnour is a UFA after this season?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          Uzoh is not garbage come on dude thats harsh lol hes solid I would honestly rather him playing 10 minutes back up over Lucas chucking Uzoh is a way better play maker and plays safe to hold a lead.
          A playmaker? That's not the Uzoh I remember seeing. I remember a so-called "point guard" whose ball handling skills were barely better than DeRozan's. He was a better rebounder than a passer. He played at a snail's pace (as if bowling balls were tied to his ankles). Don't let the tripple double recorded vs. a high school team disguised at the Nets, fool you.

I'd rather bring a 45-year old Derrick Martin back before Uzoh ever sniffs a Raptors jersey.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            A playmaker? That's not the Uzoh I remember seeing. I remember a so-called "point guard" whose ball handling skills were barely better than DeRozan's. He was a better rebounder than a passer. He played at a snail's pace (as if bowling balls were tied to his ankles). Don't let the tripple double recorded vs. a high school team disguised at the Nets, fool you. I'd rather bring a 45-year old Derrick Martin back before Uzoh ever sniffs a Raptors jersey.
            K +1 that made me LOL

but my point is I dont want Lucas as back up I dont want him playing at all actually Bulls were happy to let that guy walk.

Comment

I think if we give Lucas a block of 5-8 games playing 20mpg, he'll impress.

I don't have any stats to back this up....just my gut feeling.

Comment

given the new complexion of the team, I would suggest to pursue either one of these 2 PGs, and I think they could be obtained at a reasonable trade offer, which would include some of the spare parts we do not need anymore, such as Kleiza:
                1. Rodney Beaubois, or
                2. J.J Barea
                Both are solid backups, can score, and most importantly, they both are durable.

Comment

If we go for a Mochado or Uzoh, I would assume theyd be splitting time at the backup spot, because I do not believe either is reliable or consistent enough to backup full time. I was thinking about maybe Eric Maynor?

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ar2ba78

This? Eric Bledsoe...I think that it's probably unfair to the Clips, but this is just a starting point. Hopefully...

Comment

lol uzoh :/

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                        http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ar2ba78

This? Eric Bledsoe...I think that it's probably unfair to the Clips, but this is just a starting point. Hopefully...
                        I love Bledsoe, but I don't think he gets traded by the deadline unless they have a major injury to another position.

Also, yeah, your trade is totally unfair to the Clips. Kirilenko is a good player, but they get more than enough by committee between Barnes, Butler and Hill. They wouldn't give up Bledsoe for that.

Comment

This thread is not helping me deal with the pain of losing Jose. We had a great back up PG. He was so good he out played the person who was supposed to be the "starter." I do like Lucas & am waiting to see Lowry have more time on the floor. Still I think it's time we found a solid starting PG. We should start there first. I'm am sick of this "two headed" point guard thing we have gotten used to in Toronto.

Comment

You guys are missing the most obvious backup point guard -- Jose Calderon.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              You guys are missing the most obvious backup point guard -- Jose Calderon.
                              nope. he plays mediocre at best as backup and clearly sees himself as a starter

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                nope. he plays mediocre at best as backup and clearly sees himself as a starter
                                I wouldn't be against getting Calderon on our team, I heard he's pretty solid, but I wouldn't want to give up anything of value to get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X