Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 466

Thread: GT: Raptors vs. Clippers

  1. #181
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir Johnson's energy despite being sick.

    Rudy Gay and his star qualities being proven tonight.

    Demar Derozan being the biggest beneficiary of Gay on the floor. Plus his defense is amazing on Crawford. 2 strips and a block on him.

    Kyle Lowry and his play-making ability.

    Valanciunas jumpy.

    Fields hits a 3.

    Ross still getting the minutes, and defense looking good.

    Wow.

  2. #182
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    man, I hope everyone who wanted to trade Demar now sees how good a piece he is when he actually gets to be a complimentary scorer. They just can't focus on him the same at all with Gay on the floor, and even more so if Lowry's out there too. All the perimeter defenders are too worried about their guys, and bigs just have to keep out of the way.

  3. #183
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ladies and gentlemen of the RaptorsRepublic Forums. This is what the future of the team looks like with all that athleticism we should be able to get stops and then run. Having Gay means this is how DeRozan can shine, cause Gay is going to get his buckets no doubt, but having someone in to open lanes for Demar Good things happen.

  4. #184
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Also, you can tell how much more relaxed Lowry has been. I don't know if it's cause he's the unequivocal starter, or that they got his best bud, or that he just feels less pressure with Demar AND Rudy out there with him.
    Lowry looked more relaxed Wednesday night vs. Atlanta. I think it's being added cause Gay is here.

  5. #185
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen of the RaptorsRepublic Forums. This is what the future of the team looks like with all that athleticism we should be able to get stops and then run. Having Gay means this is how DeRozan can shine, cause Gay is going to get his buckets no doubt, but having someone in to open lanes for Demar Good things happen.
    +1

  6. #186
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Amir Johnson's energy despite being sick.

    Rudy Gay and his star qualities being proven tonight.

    Demar Derozan being the biggest beneficiary of Gay on the floor. Plus his defense is amazing on Crawford. 2 strips and a block on him.

    Kyle Lowry and his play-making ability.

    Valanciunas jumpy.

    Fields hits a 3.

    Ross still getting the minutes, and defense looking good.

    Wow.
    +100000

  7. #187
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Also, you can tell how much more relaxed Lowry has been. I don't know if it's cause he's the unequivocal starter, or that they got his best bud, or that he just feels less pressure with Demar AND Rudy out there with him.
    I think its cause hes starting has the notion in his head its his team again like it should have been allseason and he has 2 good playmakers beside him. This is also a good way for Lowry to play safer ball hes showing he can be a good passer too tonight as well as DeRozan those lobs were sketchy but hey if you got an athletic guy to catch it its an easy 2 points.

    Let The Raptors Run gotta love how JV has been out for weeks and being back hes hyper as ever.

  8. #188
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,831
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Amir Johnson's energy despite being sick.

    Rudy Gay and his star qualities being proven tonight.

    Demar Derozan being the biggest beneficiary of Gay on the floor. Plus his defense is amazing on Crawford. 2 strips and a block on him.

    Kyle Lowry and his play-making ability.

    Valanciunas jumpy.

    Fields hits a 3.

    Ross still getting the minutes, and defense looking good.

    Wow.
    And all of them holding the Clips to 30 points in a half!

  9. #189
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Lowry looked more relaxed Wednesday night vs. Atlanta. I think it's being added cause Gay is here.
    Sorry, should've specified with the ball in his hands on offense. He looks like he doesn't WANT to force things as much. Maybe it'll help bring out the true PG in him more often, because when he decides to be, he's a great creator.

  10. #190
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    And all of them holding the Clips to 30 points in a half!
    That caps it off, but not to ruin the mood around here, but we still have to finish this game. I'm not worried though with Gay on the floor though. He's gotten some really good run tonight, and it seems like he's running the plays no problem (likely because team running simple playbook).

  11. #191
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Sorry, should've specified with the ball in his hands on offense. He looks like he doesn't WANT to force things as much. Maybe it'll help bring out the true PG in him more often, because when he decides to be, he's a great creator.
    Agreed. He's got 6 assists already, and hit one of his very known "cocky pull up 3's".

  12. #192
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    And all of them holding the Clips to 30 points in a half!
    Most impressive things so far....Gay is a very solid team defender so far. If he plays like this every game we'll be very dangerous. Especially since even when we go small, we can stay pretty big. Add to that JV and AMir are both great small ball Cs who like to run the floor...damn it, I'm more optimistic than I thought I'd be.... =P.....one game at a time. one game at a time.

  13. #193
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,646
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Agreed. He's got 6 assists already, and hit one of his very known "cocky pull up 3's".
    And we need those 3s on occasion. That's what reminds me a bit of Chauncey in him. But the rest of the time, his floor game reminds me so much of a poor man's Chris Paul....all over the floor on D, rebounds well, a solid creator with good handle and penetration abilities...basically just shorter on talent than Paul, who's truly special.

  14. #194
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Most impressive things so far....Gay is a very solid team defender so far. If he plays like this every game we'll be very dangerous. Especially since even when we go small, we can stay pretty big. Add to that JV and AMir are both great small ball Cs who like to run the floor...damn it, I'm more optimistic than I thought I'd be.... =P.....one game at a time. one game at a time.
    I know how ya' feel brotha!

  15. #195
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now I dont want to stretch things here, but what if what Bargnani needed wa a guy like Rudy Gay on the floor to make him better? Dont get me wrong I wan him traded for a young or textbook PF

    but

    Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Bargnani
    JV

    :O could be scary.

  16. #196
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jkwasia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Downtown Toronto
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    where is the live chat section?

  17. #197
    Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,507
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    look at the +/- right now... our future starting lineup

  18. #198
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jkwasia wrote: View Post
    where is the live chat section?
    Agreed, I was hoping to give some criticism tonight on there.

  19. #199
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Now I dont want to stretch things here, but what if what Bargnani needed wa a guy like Rudy Gay on the floor to make him better? Dont get me wrong I wan him traded for a young or textbook PF

    but

    Lowry
    DeRozan
    Gay
    Bargnani
    JV

    :O could be scary.
    No. I just want him to come off the bench. That's all.

  20. #200
    Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kenny Smith mentioned in the Griz OKC pre-game yesterday that with this line-up, the raps could be a top 4 team in the east next season. I think maybe even better with a couple of tweeks here and there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •