Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: GT: Raptors vs. Clippers

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    its nice to here Sam & Isiah approve of the deal, Isiah thinks the back court is frightening good! i must admit they looked real good tonight

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He had 65 assists in his first 40 games.

He has 37 assists in his last 7.
    bingo

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He had 65 assists in his first 40 games.

He has 37 assists in his last 7.
    Wow. Props to Demar

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh man I just got home and was expecting a 20 point loss. Very pleased.

What was the defence doing that kept them to 73?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post

Good defense throughout the entire game. And also, Chris Paul wasn't playing, so the Clippers offense looked awful

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Band Blake Griffin isnt a franchise player hes so fortunate to hve CP3 make him look good night in night out. Also no Chauncy

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Good defense throughout the entire game. And also, Chris Paul wasn't playing, so the Clippers offense looked awful
    Even without Chris Paul, 73 is just low (even adding the two bitch punk ass points by butler at the end). This team has got to win with defense. This was nice to see.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

damn, sorry u missed it man.. was the best game ive seen the raptors play in years and also most exciting.. crowd was goin nuts.. our D was crazy good and Johnson owned griffin

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Band Blake Griffin isnt a franchise player hes so fortunate to hve CP3 make him look good night in night out. Also no Chauncy
    You're right. Griffin is pretty lost without CP3. He's not that good at creating yet, all he has in freak athleticism to help him on offense. CP3 pretty much sets up everyone, without him their team sucks ass

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    its nice to here Sam & Isiah approve of the deal, Isiah thinks the back court is frightening good! i must admit they looked real good tonight
    Yup, Isiah also said that we probably have the most athletic and explosive wing combo in the east (besides Wade and LBJ of course) and that it will be a nightmare for opposing teams to game plan for us.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're right. Griffin is pretty lost without CP3. He's not that good at creating yet, all he has in freak athleticism to help him on offense. CP3 pretty much sets up everyone, without him their team sucks ass
    His first year stats would indicate otherwise. This was just one game.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yup, Isiah also said that we probably have the most athletic and explosive wing combo in the east (besides Wade and LBJ of course) and that it will be a nightmare for opposing teams to game plan for us.
    Our wings are big, and they're athletic and talented. I would imagine/hope that teams would have difficulty matching up with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    His first year stats would indicate otherwise. This was just one game.
    did his team make the playoffs? Didn't think so

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Terrific defense. I know I'm going to get some flack for saying this, but, I was mistaken a couple times, cause I thought Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady were on the floor, not Rudy Gay and Demar Derozan.

Lowry's shot wasn't falling, and became a really good play-maker.

Amir Johnson and Aaron Gray were AWESOME.

Find a replay if you can, you will get chills from so many moments in this game including Gay and JV entering the game, to some crazy ass plays.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit, the wing combination of Gay and DeRozan was quite impressive. If they can feed off each other and benefit from the double-teams that each other commands, while continuing their impressive 3pt shooting, assisting and rebounding, then they could become a lethal duo for the long-term! A wing rotation of Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields is solid and very well balanced.

I'm excited about the young core that is forming on the Raptors...
    C: Valanciunas (20)
    PF: Johnson (25)
    SF: Gay (26), Fields (24)
    SG: DeRozan (23), Ross (21)
    PG: Lowry (26)

I still think Johnson is better suited as a backup PF / 3rd big, but if he proves me wrong I won't be the least bit upset. I'd still like to see a starting PF and backup PG added to this group, which would form a very young and very talented 9-man rotation!

Go Raps!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I have to admit, the wing combination of Gay and DeRozan was quite impressive. If they can feed off each other and benefit from the double-teams that each other commands, while continuing their impressive 3pt shooting, assisting and rebounding, then they could become a lethal duo for the long-term! A wing rotation of Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields is solid and very well balanced.

I'm excited about the young core that is forming on the Raptors...
    C: Valanciunas (20)
    PF: Johnson (25)
    SF: Gay (26), Fields (24)
    SG: DeRozan (23), Ross (21)
    PG: Lowry (26)

I still think Johnson is better suited as a backup PF / 3rd big, but if he proves me wrong I won't be the least bit upset. I'd still like to see a starting PF and backup PG added to this group, which would form a very young and very talented 9-man rotation!

Go Raps!!!
    What did I tell ya' Calgary?! :P

+1 with everything you said though!

#LetRossDunk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    What did I tell ya' Calgary?! :P

+1 with everything you said though!

#LetRossDunk
    haha it's just one game, but I admit a bunch of us certainly looked wrong about the Gay/DeRozan fit tonight!

As Matt pointed out earlier in this thread, DeRozan's assist numbers have pretty much tripled over his past 7 games.

Just having Gay as the focal point on offense really seemed to make both Lowry and DeRozan look much more comfortable and a lot less pressured to be the go-to scorers. The lineups with all three of them looked downright scary.

Confidence is a huge factor as well... success begets success! If these young guys can get a feel for winning and become confident/comfortable enough (individually and together as a team) to let their true talent & potential come through, this Raptors core squad could very well blossom into something special.

Post Thanks / Like

haha it's just one game, but I admit a bunch of us certainly looked wrong about the Gay/DeRozan fit tonight!

As Matt pointed out earlier in this thread, DeRozan's assist numbers have pretty much tripled over his past 7 games.

Just having Gay as the focal point on offense really seemed to make both Lowry and DeRozan look much more comfortable and a lot less pressured to be the go-to scorers. The lineups with all three of them looked downright scary.

Confidence is a huge factor as well... success begets success! If these young guys can get a feel for winning and become confident/comfortable enough (individually and together as a team) to let their true talent & potential come through, this Raptors core squad could very well blossom into something special.
    +1. I was stressing that Derozan and Lowry would be the biggest beneficiaries to the trade. Ross might be a great fit, but I think Derozan is a greater one with his slashing ability, opened up thanks to Gay's ability to hit from outside and shot creation from anywhere on the floor.

I really do believe Rudy Gay adds a whole new dynamic for this team. We all know how much the Raptors' analysts have been saying it, but there have been guys underrating his potential impact for this team. If we had THIS very team HEALTHY at the beginning of the season, I would think this is a team in the playoff picture currently. Just his presence and his leadership seems to really get this team going. A move really well timed.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Emptied the DVR
    Raps looked confident. Was an off night for the Clips. "W"- bottom line. Most importantly a HOME win.
    Gay hit a buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd. We're gonna need that.
    DD- Confident, hitting 3's, and a KILLER first step. He was blowing by everyone. QUOTABLE II: "He is one of the best in the league at getting his own shot. He frees up DeMar (DeRozan), Kyle (Lowry) and everyone else to get their own shot. Teams cannot just concentrate on DeMar (DeRozan), which will open him up.
    -- Raptors coach Dwane Casey on Gay.

Lowry- Gonna start a thread called "Was Lowry holding back or was he HELD back?" I asked for 8 assists and he gave it to me. Had success when he drove & dished. Only had 3 points so you could say that is "unselfish" basketball. However, he still attempted unnecessary 3's that through off the flow of the game. He didn't turnover the ball.

Loved the passing. Always love Anderson faking the 3 & passing to Amir for an easy bucket. Like DD passing to Lucas the 3rd. It is a cross court pass that will easily get picked off .....but it will work if Casey will run a play & keep quicker defenders out of the way. Also I loved Grey to Amir in the key. Amir jumps so quickly it really works when the give him the ball inside.

We have to keep our turnovers down & hit our free throws. It's just one game.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...while continuing their impressive 3pt shooting, assisting and rebounding, then they could become a lethal duo for the long-term!...
    Unfortunately I don't think we can expect either of them to hit their threes with that level of accuracy every game. Too bad. But clearly they can both co-exist on the floor together.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information