GT: Raptors vs. Clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I have to admit, the wing combination of Gay and DeRozan was quite impressive. If they can feed off each other and benefit from the double-teams that each other commands, while continuing their impressive 3pt shooting, assisting and rebounding, then they could become a lethal duo for the long-term! A wing rotation of Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields is solid and very well balanced.

I'm excited about the young core that is forming on the Raptors...
    C: Valanciunas (20)
    PF: Johnson (25)
    SF: Gay (26), Fields (24)
    SG: DeRozan (23), Ross (21)
    PG: Lowry (26)

I still think Johnson is better suited as a backup PF / 3rd big, but if he proves me wrong I won't be the least bit upset. I'd still like to see a starting PF and backup PG added to this group, which would form a very young and very talented 9-man rotation!

Go Raps!!!
    What did I tell ya' Calgary?! :P

+1 with everything you said though!

#LetRossDunk
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      What did I tell ya' Calgary?! :P

+1 with everything you said though!

#LetRossDunk
      haha it's just one game, but I admit a bunch of us certainly looked wrong about the Gay/DeRozan fit tonight!

As Matt pointed out earlier in this thread, DeRozan's assist numbers have pretty much tripled over his past 7 games.

Just having Gay as the focal point on offense really seemed to make both Lowry and DeRozan look much more comfortable and a lot less pressured to be the go-to scorers. The lineups with all three of them looked downright scary.

Confidence is a huge factor as well... success begets success! If these young guys can get a feel for winning and become confident/comfortable enough (individually and together as a team) to let their true talent & potential come through, this Raptors core squad could very well blossom into something special.

Comment

haha it's just one game, but I admit a bunch of us certainly looked wrong about the Gay/DeRozan fit tonight!

As Matt pointed out earlier in this thread, DeRozan's assist numbers have pretty much tripled over his past 7 games.

Just having Gay as the focal point on offense really seemed to make both Lowry and DeRozan look much more comfortable and a lot less pressured to be the go-to scorers. The lineups with all three of them looked downright scary.

Confidence is a huge factor as well... success begets success! If these young guys can get a feel for winning and become confident/comfortable enough (individually and together as a team) to let their true talent & potential come through, this Raptors core squad could very well blossom into something special.
        +1. I was stressing that Derozan and Lowry would be the biggest beneficiaries to the trade. Ross might be a great fit, but I think Derozan is a greater one with his slashing ability, opened up thanks to Gay's ability to hit from outside and shot creation from anywhere on the floor.

I really do believe Rudy Gay adds a whole new dynamic for this team. We all know how much the Raptors' analysts have been saying it, but there have been guys underrating his potential impact for this team. If we had THIS very team HEALTHY at the beginning of the season, I would think this is a team in the playoff picture currently. Just his presence and his leadership seems to really get this team going. A move really well timed.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Emptied the DVR
          Raps looked confident. Was an off night for the Clips. "W"- bottom line. Most importantly a HOME win.
          Gay hit a buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd. We're gonna need that.
          DD- Confident, hitting 3's, and a KILLER first step. He was blowing by everyone. QUOTABLE II: "He is one of the best in the league at getting his own shot. He frees up DeMar (DeRozan), Kyle (Lowry) and everyone else to get their own shot. Teams cannot just concentrate on DeMar (DeRozan), which will open him up.
          -- Raptors coach Dwane Casey on Gay.

Lowry- Gonna start a thread called "Was Lowry holding back or was he HELD back?" I asked for 8 assists and he gave it to me. Had success when he drove & dished. Only had 3 points so you could say that is "unselfish" basketball. However, he still attempted unnecessary 3's that through off the flow of the game. He didn't turnover the ball.

Loved the passing. Always love Anderson faking the 3 & passing to Amir for an easy bucket. Like DD passing to Lucas the 3rd. It is a cross court pass that will easily get picked off .....but it will work if Casey will run a play & keep quicker defenders out of the way. Also I loved Grey to Amir in the key. Amir jumps so quickly it really works when the give him the ball inside.

We have to keep our turnovers down & hit our free throws. It's just one game.

Comment

...while continuing their impressive 3pt shooting, assisting and rebounding, then they could become a lethal duo for the long-term!...
            Unfortunately I don't think we can expect either of them to hit their threes with that level of accuracy every game. Too bad. But clearly they can both co-exist on the floor together.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              Unfortunately I don't think we can expect either of them to hit their threes with that level of accuracy every game. Too bad. But clearly they can both co-exist on the floor together.
              Same here. I really hope they find other ways to score when BOTH their shots aren't falling

Comment

• If we dont hit the threes, we still beat the clippers by 10, not really worried about it. I think everyone came out to play to show off a bit in front of their new teammate, Derozan especially. Hope they can keep that mentality going, because obviously the gear is there.

Comment

• Want to re-watch last night's game!

Hi All,

I'm looking for a place to re-watch/download last nights Clippers Raptors Game (02/01/2013). I had to watch it on League Pass and am dying to hear the Home broadcast. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comment

• http://bt.davka.info/

I don't see it there right now, but I am sure it will get posted.

Comment

• Also already up on Pirate Bay: http://thepiratebay.se/search/raptors%20clippers/0/99/0

Comment

• Man what a game
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                          http://bt.davka.info/

I don't see it there right now, but I am sure it will get posted.
                          Just go to the forums on that site and there are download links (not torrents) for it. these appear directly after the game. For whatever reason the torrents take a while to be put up.

Comment

• so does no one want to talk about how shit the clippers shot that night?

Comment

• http://twitter.com/kcplayoffs
                              has every game in hd

Comment

• phez wrote: View Post
                                so does no one want to talk about how shit the clippers shot that night?
                                Good point. The Raptors D was stifling..... but I don't think you are giving them credit here

Comment

Working...
                                X