Amir Johnson - legit starting PF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    I don't think its all that ridiculous... Love is not getting along with Minny's management. He hasn't been very useful this year with his injuries either.

Minny is a small market team that has a hard time attracting free agents.. so why not ship them a package of DeMar (they need a SG and were at one time interested), Bargnani and a lottery protected first (basically the reverse of the Houston/Lowry trade). I would include anyone other than JV/Ross/Gay and Lowry. Khan has also made some odd decisions over his tenure there in Minny so anything is possible.

DeMar/Andrea could be a nice package if you consider that both have long term deals. Pekovich/AK47 would also be a pretty good pairing with Andrea defensively. Long shot for sure, but if we can get Gay for Jose and Davis anything should be possible in my opinion.
    I haven't been able to stop thinking about this idea, as ridiculous as it may sound...

If the Raps miss the playoffs and their pick is traded to OKC, future 1st round picks are suddenly once again available as tradeable assets.

Although doubtful, I bet Minnesota would at least have to give some serious consideration to a trade offer like this:
    TO MINNESOTA: Bargnani & DeRozan & 2 1st round picks (2014 & 2016, or 2015 & 2017) & possibly some 2nd round picks (any of 2014, SAC-2014, 2015)
    TO TORONTO: Love & Ridnour & Roy (salary dump to facilitate re-signing of Pekovic & Buddinger)

Minnesota could even turn around and try to trade Bargnani/Williams/1st round pick(s) to the Lakers for Gasol, if they wanted to.

Toronto's lineup would suddenly be stacked - starting PF, rebounding and backup PG problems would all be solved!
    C: Valanciunas, Gray*
    PF: Love, Johnson, Acy
    SF: Gay, Anderson**, Kleiza*
    SG: Fields, Ross
    PG: Lowry, Ridnour, Lucas*

* if option picked-up
    ** if re-signed

EDIT: incredibly far-fetched, I know... but DeRozan & 2 1st round picks is a pretty good return (especially if Bargnani and picks could help land Gasol)... all based on Love's apparent love/hate relationship with Minnesota
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I haven't been able to stop thinking about this idea, as ridiculous as it may sound...

If the Raps miss the playoffs and their pick is traded to OKC, future 1st round picks are suddenly once again available as tradeable assets.

Although doubtful, I bet Minnesota would at least have to give some serious consideration to a trade offer like this:
      TO MINNESOTA: Bargnani & DeRozan & 2 1st round picks (2014 & 2016, or 2015 & 2017) & possibly some 2nd round picks (any of 2014, SAC-2014, 2015)
      TO TORONTO: Love & Ridnour & Roy (salary dump to facilitate re-signing of Pekovic & Buddinger)

Minnesota could even turn around and try to trade Bargnani/Williams/1st round pick(s) to the Lakers for Gasol, if they wanted to.

Toronto's lineup would suddenly be stacked - starting PF, rebounding and backup PG problems would all be solved!
      C: Valanciunas, Gray*
      PF: Love, Johnson, Acy
      SF: Gay, Anderson**, Kleiza*
      SG: Fields, Ross
      PG: Lowry, Ridnour, Lucas*

* if option picked-up
      ** if re-signed
      I don't see how it's possible for someone to consider this as dumb as the Minny staff is. Love and Ridnour are two of their most productive players...and bargs and derozan have accomplished exactly zero in this league.

I also don't really like the Gasol idea. Let's give Amir a chance to develop with JV...our starting lineup with those two in teh front court and ross coming off the bench is a great team in a few years

Comment

The only real value going to Minnesota here is the two first rounders. Bargnani's contract certainly doesn't sweeten the deal and I'm not sure how many teams want Demar at 10M/yr for the next 4 years either. But Raptors first rounders are always highly coveted, (and sure to be in good supply as long as Colangelo is driving the car) so maybe this deal could happen.

Comment

guy loves Toronto, cool to see
          Last edited by Machine; Tue Feb 5, 2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

great photo. thank you

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Gasol fits this description quite nicely.
              What is up with Gasol's non-stop blabbering to the media about his role with the Lakers?

Anybody else getting sick and tired of this??

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                What is up with Gasol's non-stop blabbering to the media about his role with the Lakers?

no, i am hoping it lowers his market value

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post

guy loves Toronto, cool to see
                  Goddamn, that's a lot of suits....

BTW, this picture looks like it was taken from the ice. Cam Ward must've been bored.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

It isn't nearly as bad as the Howard circus we had to sit through over the past 2 years....

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01zf5...2AmNRDGEXE4uVg

Speaking of Amir ... Did you catch this??? LOL

He probably wanted to get some extra practice time in, to find out that it was already taken by some strange folks, but decided to stay and buy himself a sweater so he doesn't freeze his butt off ...

Comment

Good article from CNNSI, mentioning Amir as one of 5 'under the radar' players.

Link: http://nba.si.com/2013/02/04/jj-redi...der-the-radar/

Comment

Yes...but as many said, long-term he is outstanding off the bench. However if Amir keeps progressing who knows. Pretty quick PF despite being a bit undersized.

I am all about rebounding lately, and Amir does that consistently, and he makes big defense plays by protecting the rim at times.

Comment

Another good outing 16 Points, 12 Rebounds, 1 Assist, 1 Block, 1 Steal. Except for that late mistake at the end , he had a good game. Once again showing his a starter in this league.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If you don't think Amir can be a starting PF

You are a moron. He improves every year and backs down from no man. If I was to buy another raps jersey you better believe its gonna be Amir's.

Comment

I never thought I'd see the day, but he is becoming a force. Young, athletic, get's better every year, and now he has developed a jump hook and a spin move. He's making me a believer.
                                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X