Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rudy on Demar: Best SG I've played with

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    They're going to miss him bigtime. Not much perimeter scoring anymore for the Griz, they are no longer contenders IMO
    I agree they'll miss him, but I disagree with the fact they aren't gonna be contenders. Memphis went very deep in the playoffs with Allen and Arthur as their starting wing players (although, still had OJ Mayo). Time will tell for them, but with Prince and Davis coming in, their depth will get better.

They will miss him, and to add to your point, it's almost necessary for an NBA team NOW, to have a good perimeter team.
    Toronto has a good one, but has potential to be a GREAT one.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this Memphis fan was not happy with gay's comment about derozan:

Rudy's comment about DeRozan being "by far" the best SG hes ever played with get me fired up. You know how many teams come playoff time would take Demar over Tony Allen? 0.

Get out of here with that garbage, Rudy.

I'd take OJ over DeRozan.
    lol bitter?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    this Memphis fan was not happy with gay's comment about derozan:

lol bitter?
    Hey, Rudy likes Derozan. Apparently, Demar and Rudy joked in the Summer about having an opportunity to play together. Well, look where they are now. Demar said he knows Rudy well since they both play pick-up in the Summer.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Right now I think the odd man out is not DeMar, and it's not Ross. Oh, and it's not Fields either. It's Anderson. He's gonna get traded with Bargnani I can smell it coming.
    Anderson's play and cheap contract would garner interest but I think they'll try to move Fields before anybody else. Adding Anderson will help.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Anderson's play and cheap contract would garner interest but I think they'll try to move Fields before anybody else. Adding Anderson will help.
    At this moment, we already have 2 scorers in Gay and Derozan, and another potential scorer in Ross. Better keep Fields to add the energy, rebounding, and defense. Every team needs the gel player to do to the things which the others might not necessarily be doing.

Anderson added in a trade, Pietrus walks, Kleiza is amnestied. Bargnani likely to be traded with one of those 3 guys, because we are minimal at the front-line, and our point guard position. Having a 4-man rotation of the wings in Gay, Derozan, Fields, Ross is very solid, with very good potential.

Although, out of Gay, Lowry, Derozan, Ross, JV, Amir, Acy, Fields. Fields is the likely candidate to be traded.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Still to early. Injury bug always seems to bite. No need to throw away a good back up......why does every post I make lead to Jose.

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they continue to flourish with both on the floor and that this wasn't just a fluke. Still, something inside is telling me that Demar's days as a Raptor are numbered.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i think demar and rudy together is going to be a very good thing for us. because they both have similar games i can see a lot of friendly competition between them making them both elevate their games. and it can be done without stealing each others minutes

Raptors Republic Starter japetas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

R.Gay played in FIBA World Championship 2010 as a member of US national team, but i guess it doesn't count
    Last edited by japetas; Sat Feb 2nd, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
    (Sorry for poor English )

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Hey, Rudy likes Derozan. Apparently, Demar and Rudy joked in the Summer about having an opportunity to play together. Well, look where they are now. Demar said he knows Rudy well since they both play pick-up in the Summer.
    offseason plotting? rudy gay is taking his talents to north beach!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information