Rudy on Demar: Best SG I've played with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I guess you might. But with Rudy Gay the Raptors are an instant playoff team, if not this year next year.
    Where did HE take a very talented team like Memphis?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Right now I think the odd man out is not DeMar, and it's not Ross. Oh, and it's not Fields either. It's Anderson. He's gonna get traded with Bargnani I can smell it coming.
      Agreed. Anderson's minutes were hit BAD.

Demar's defense tonight was absolutely awesome, and Gay was great on the system.

With Gay and Demar starting the game, Ross coming in to give energetic defense and scoring, and Fields rebounding, defending, and getting some easy baskets, this wing rotation could be really, REALLY good.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        what are you talking about? they were in the playoffs last 2 - 3 years.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          He was able to help Memphis get to the playoffs two years in a row. BIG part of what they were doing.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            He was able to help Memphis get to the playoffs two years in a row. BIG part of what they were doing.
            They're going to miss him bigtime. Not much perimeter scoring anymore for the Griz, they are no longer contenders IMO

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              They're going to miss him bigtime. Not much perimeter scoring anymore for the Griz, they are no longer contenders IMO
              I agree they'll miss him, but I disagree with the fact they aren't gonna be contenders. Memphis went very deep in the playoffs with Allen and Arthur as their starting wing players (although, still had OJ Mayo). Time will tell for them, but with Prince and Davis coming in, their depth will get better.

They will miss him, and to add to your point, it's almost necessary for an NBA team NOW, to have a good perimeter team.
              Toronto has a good one, but has potential to be a GREAT one.

Comment

this Memphis fan was not happy with gay's comment about derozan:

Rudy's comment about DeRozan being "by far" the best SG hes ever played with get me fired up. You know how many teams come playoff time would take Demar over Tony Allen? 0.

Get out of here with that garbage, Rudy.

I'd take OJ over DeRozan.
                lol bitter?

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  this Memphis fan was not happy with gay's comment about derozan:

lol bitter?
                  Hey, Rudy likes Derozan. Apparently, Demar and Rudy joked in the Summer about having an opportunity to play together. Well, look where they are now. Demar said he knows Rudy well since they both play pick-up in the Summer.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Right now I think the odd man out is not DeMar, and it's not Ross. Oh, and it's not Fields either. It's Anderson. He's gonna get traded with Bargnani I can smell it coming.
                    Anderson's play and cheap contract would garner interest but I think they'll try to move Fields before anybody else. Adding Anderson will help.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                      Anderson's play and cheap contract would garner interest but I think they'll try to move Fields before anybody else. Adding Anderson will help.
                      At this moment, we already have 2 scorers in Gay and Derozan, and another potential scorer in Ross. Better keep Fields to add the energy, rebounding, and defense. Every team needs the gel player to do to the things which the others might not necessarily be doing.

Anderson added in a trade, Pietrus walks, Kleiza is amnestied. Bargnani likely to be traded with one of those 3 guys, because we are minimal at the front-line, and our point guard position. Having a 4-man rotation of the wings in Gay, Derozan, Fields, Ross is very solid, with very good potential.

Although, out of Gay, Lowry, Derozan, Ross, JV, Amir, Acy, Fields. Fields is the likely candidate to be traded.

Comment

Still to early. Injury bug always seems to bite. No need to throw away a good back up......why does every post I make lead to Jose.

Comment

I hope they continue to flourish with both on the floor and that this wasn't just a fluke. Still, something inside is telling me that Demar's days as a Raptor are numbered.

Comment

i think demar and rudy together is going to be a very good thing for us. because they both have similar games i can see a lot of friendly competition between them making them both elevate their games. and it can be done without stealing each others minutes

Comment

R.Gay played in FIBA World Championship 2010 as a member of US national team, but i guess it doesn't count
                              Last edited by japetas; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 08:20 AM.
                              (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                                Hey, Rudy likes Derozan. Apparently, Demar and Rudy joked in the Summer about having an opportunity to play together. Well, look where they are now. Demar said he knows Rudy well since they both play pick-up in the Summer.
                                offseason plotting? rudy gay is taking his talents to north beach!

Comment

Working...
                                X