Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toronto gaining recognition.

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kenny Smith: "The Toronto Raptors have a slight window."

If someone can get a link for the Inside The NBA aired Thursday night, Jan 31st, it would be awesome, because Kenny Smith said some interesting about trying to guard both Derozan & Gay. Seems like the American media is extremely high on Derozan, & what Gay can do for the team.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

really? everything I am reading is shitting all over us. one article claimed Davis was the most valuable player in the trade and 5 years from now will be the best of the 5.

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

played

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's on nba.com.

It's nice that the Raps are getting some love on TNT but i completely disagree with Smith. It's going to be tough for the Raps to make the playoffs this year. They're in such in a deep hole right now. They're 6.5 games behind Boston i believe. That's a long climb. And i said this before, NO WAY Boston misses the playoffs. With or without Rondo they're going to be there.

By the way, crazy that DeRozan is getting so much love on TNT. Smith tonight, and Shaq the other night called him a go to guy
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call him a go-to guy, but a lot of people are high on his athleticism and his ability to score.. It seems like scoring and athleticism is the premium now...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    It's nice that the Raps are getting some love on TNT but i completely disagree with Smith. It's going to be tough for the Raps to make the playoffs this year.
    If I remember correctly, Smith was talking about next years playoffs. He said it was going to be tough for the Raptors to make it this year. They all can't understand why Memphis traded Gay. I agree with them.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's on nba.com.

It's nice that the Raps are getting some love on TNT but i completely disagree with Smith. It's going to be tough for the Raps to make the playoffs this year. They're in such in a deep hole right now. They're 6.5 games behind Boston i believe. That's a long climb. And i said this before, NO WAY Boston misses the playoffs. With or without Rondo they're going to be there.

By the way, crazy that DeRozan is getting so much love on TNT. Smith tonight, and Shaq the other night called him a go to guy
    They clearly haven't seen him dribble to the basket. How many times has he been stripped? 4 times against Atlanta last game. Yes, I counted.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    They clearly haven't seen him dribble to the basket. How many times has he been stripped? 4 times against Atlanta last game. Yes, I counted.
    Pretty sure most of those were when he went up for jump-shots..

Post Thanks / Like

It's on nba.com.

36 games left. Just finish 24-12 if wanting to make playoffs. Yes, very tough, but with Boston possibly falling, & trade deadline coming soon, time will tell. East always has a team or two with the -.500 record getting in.

Post Thanks / Like

EDIT: 24-12 to finish with 40 wins at least.*

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    We can do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight is an automatic loss. Raps are shorthanded and LAC is one of the best team in the league(i still have trouble saying that).

Sunday's game is an automatic loss as well. With or without Gay they're not going to beat the Heat.

After that they need to get into a serious winning streak to even have a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight is an automatic loss. Raps are shorthanded and LAC is one of the best team in the league(i still have trouble saying that).

Sunday's game is an automatic loss as well. With or without Gay they're not going to beat the Heat.

After that they need to get into a serious winning streak to even have a chance.
    Clippers are without Paul and Barnes. Clippers have had some trouble without Paul in the lineup this past month. Toronto can take advantage, because without Paul, their back-court isn't very strong: Bledsoe/Green vs. Lowry/Derozan. Clippers' bench is magnificent though, and that might be a problem for us tonight. Likely Ross, Lucas, Acy and Fields coming off the bench. Hopefully Bargnani, Valanciunas, and Pietrus can suit up tonight. We are really desperate for the bodies right now.

We'll see what happens Sunday.

I'll stay optimistic, and realistic, and the way to do that, is let the game happen, and find out whether it's a loss or a win. I'm not one to start predicting wins and losses, just how we can do well, and how we can't.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that Gay is a go tonight!!! Also heard that JV and AB might also play!!! If this is true and CP3 is out for LA. Then i think this is a game we SHOULD win.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

36 games left. Just finish 24-12 if wanting to make playoffs. Yes, very tough, but with Boston possibly falling, & trade deadline coming soon, time will tell. East always has a team or two with the -.500 record getting in.
    No way raps make playoffs. In fact it may be better to get more losses and get lucky with top 3 lottery pick. What I see happening is a couple of wins here and there but continued loses to above .500 teams especially in close games. I also see BC back for one more year and lots of talk about potential but in the end the results will be the same .....continued losing. No one should believe anything BC says. He knows how to effectively manipulate the media but his win loss record speaks for itself. Raptor fans continue to suffer....

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

If the team gel's quickly, I think we could maybe?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We can make the playoffs. If we find a way to gel after the trade deadline, we can make it in. I don't think Boston is a lock to get in. (Closing my eyes...tight.....clinching my fist....tighter) We can make it.

Trust me.... the American media is NOT pro Raptors. I'd be surprised if Kenny, Charles or Shaq have watched 1 qtr of a Raptor game.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, c'mon.

1) derozan hits circus shot to beat orlando;
    2) it's a highlight, so these guys are aware of it;
    3) they remember him in the dunk contests;
    4) they then take 12 seconds to peruse his stats;
    5) they take note that he's scoring in the high teens;
    6) they conclude that that means something (since, y'know...POINTS!!).

the whole 'american media' & whether they are pro-raptors or anti-raptors is a strawman. they are pro-story. if there's a story somewhere that will generate interest among their viewers - or generate new viewers - then that's what they are 'pro.' since 99% of their interest lies in cultivating the US market, any 'story' concerning the raps has to be significant enough to be of interest to joe-average american fan. and, sorry, as much as we gnash our teeth at the shitty luck the raps have had with officiating, pretty much no one outside of raptor fans gives a flying fuck...and hence, it isn't a story.

now, if the same thing had happened to, oh, say, the knicks (3 (potential) losses directly attributable to bad officiating, impacting their record/playoff seeding)...well, holy shit, the world might as well be on fire...because people in their market would care.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    oh, c'mon.

the whole 'american media' & whether they are pro-raptors or anti-raptors is a strawman. they are pro-story. if there's a story somewhere that will generate interest among their viewers - or generate new viewers - then that's what they are 'pro.' since 99% of their interest lies in cultivating the US market, any 'story' concerning the raps has to be significant enough to be of interest to joe-average american fan. and, sorry, as much as we gnash our teeth at the shitty luck the raps have had with officiating, pretty much no one outside of raptor fans gives a flying fuck...and hence, it isn't a story.

now, if the same thing had happened to, oh, say, the knicks (3 (potential) losses directly attributable to bad officiating, impacting their record/playoff seeding)...well, holy shit, the world might as well be on fire...because people in their market would care.
    This...absolutely. They barely notice us and that's why most of their opinions pro or con are highly suspect and generally based on superficial knowledge.

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    oh, c'mon.

holy sh&%! my man, you hit the nail right on the head! Ill co-sign everything you just said.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information