Toronto gaining recognition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    They clearly haven't seen him dribble to the basket. How many times has he been stripped? 4 times against Atlanta last game. Yes, I counted.
    Pretty sure most of those were when he went up for jump-shots..
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      EDIT: 24-12 to finish with 40 wins at least.*
      Tonight is an automatic loss. Raps are shorthanded and LAC is one of the best team in the league(i still have trouble saying that).

Sunday's game is an automatic loss as well. With or without Gay they're not going to beat the Heat.

After that they need to get into a serious winning streak to even have a chance.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Tonight is an automatic loss. Raps are shorthanded and LAC is one of the best team in the league(i still have trouble saying that).

Sunday's game is an automatic loss as well. With or without Gay they're not going to beat the Heat.

After that they need to get into a serious winning streak to even have a chance.
        Clippers are without Paul and Barnes. Clippers have had some trouble without Paul in the lineup this past month. Toronto can take advantage, because without Paul, their back-court isn't very strong: Bledsoe/Green vs. Lowry/Derozan. Clippers' bench is magnificent though, and that might be a problem for us tonight. Likely Ross, Lucas, Acy and Fields coming off the bench. Hopefully Bargnani, Valanciunas, and Pietrus can suit up tonight. We are really desperate for the bodies right now.

We'll see what happens Sunday.

I'll stay optimistic, and realistic, and the way to do that, is let the game happen, and find out whether it's a loss or a win. I'm not one to start predicting wins and losses, just how we can do well, and how we can't.

Comment

I heard that Gay is a go tonight!!! Also heard that JV and AB might also play!!! If this is true and CP3 is out for LA. Then i think this is a game we SHOULD win.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I think it'll take at least 10-ish games for Lowry and Gay to truly gel. I can't see us clawing into the playoff picture starting March. The whole we've dug is too deep.

As for Boston being vulnerable...sure. But even without Rondo, they're still a tough team with talent, a winning culture, big-game experience, and a defense-first attitude. They won't be easy to catch.
            Boston no doubt will not be easy to catch, but without Rondo, they don't have that guy that drives their car. Pierce is having a down year. Garnett is continuously aging - visually obviously on the court - and no true point guard in Barbosa, and Bradley. Keyon Dooling isn't returning this season.

Boston is going to have some serious on-court problems, and as much as they are well-coached, very well-prepared, and experienced, it's going to be tough.

You could use Chicago as an argument, as a team doing well without their 'driver', but Chicago has two very solid point guards in Robinson/Hinrich, their wing has great depth, Boozer and Noah are having great seasons. There's not one guy on the Celtics I would truly call a "hey, they've got him, so don't worry" type guy anymore.

Comment

I heard that Gay is a go tonight!!! Also heard that JV and AB might also play!!! If this is true and CP3 is out for LA. Then i think this is a game we SHOULD win.
              Gay is going to play tonight?! Please come 4:00 PM! (Vancouver time) :P

Comment

Toronto gaining recognition.

Toronto has been gaining some serious recognition not just with the trade, but until now with Rudy's debut.

From Kenny Smith talking about Derozan/Gay and being un-guard-able, to Isaiah Thomas pouring his feelings on the athleticism, to the NBA in general really showing the highlights and performances.

This is really what a guy like Rudy Gay can do for this team, or even any team in general.

The future is very bright, and even though making playoffs this season will be very hard, this season will be about building and developing our young core/guys together, and getting prepared for what the next season has for them.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...s=nbahpsplit2#

Comment

played

Comment

Stay calm, remain relaxed, slow down, pinch yourself if required.

It was one game..... but what a game..... but one game.

Comment

how was butch carter not on that panel?!

Comment

Bad prediction.

The Raps didn't win, they totally dominated. Then rubbed the Grizz teams' faces in the drool they left on their bibs.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Bad prediction.

The Raps didn't win, they totally dominated. Then rubbed the Grizz teams' faces in the drool they left on their bibs.
                          Read the comments in the Raptors game thread. I did after the game. It was priceless reading the tide turn on the opinions.

The thing to keep in mind, as I'm sure many are aware, Gay has not practiced with Toronto yet. He woke up yesterday morning at 5am, took a private jet from Memphis to Toronto, did his physical/presser, and played.

I'm starting to feel a little excited.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                            how was butch carter not on that panel?!
                            LOL seriously, I feel like it was a "ghosts of Raptors past" edition of Gametime

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              oh, c'mon.

1) derozan hits circus shot to beat orlando;
                              2) it's a highlight, so these guys are aware of it;
                              3) they remember him in the dunk contests;
                              4) they then take 12 seconds to peruse his stats;
                              5) they take note that he's scoring in the high teens;
                              6) they conclude that that means something (since, y'know...POINTS!!).

the whole 'american media' & whether they are pro-raptors or anti-raptors is a strawman. they are pro-story. if there's a story somewhere that will generate interest among their viewers - or generate new viewers - then that's what they are 'pro.' since 99% of their interest lies in cultivating the US market, any 'story' concerning the raps has to be significant enough to be of interest to joe-average american fan. and, sorry, as much as we gnash our teeth at the shitty luck the raps have had with officiating, pretty much no one outside of raptor fans gives a flying fuck...and hence, it isn't a story.

now, if the same thing had happened to, oh, say, the knicks (3 (potential) losses directly attributable to bad officiating, impacting their record/playoff seeding)...well, holy shit, the world might as well be on fire...because people in their market would care.
                              holy sh&%! my man, you hit the nail right on the head! Ill co-sign everything you just said.

Comment

Working...
                              X