Home court in round one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home court in round one

Rarely has Toronto been able to put together a winning streak of six, seven, or eight games, or even winning eight of ten, thus not being able to separate themselves from the rest of the pack in the Eastern conference. It has not allowed them to go from being an average team to a good one nor go from being a good one to a great one ...that is until now.

It’s a chance for the Raptors to now change something that has been a flaw in their recent history, as in February they have games still remaining against: Sacramento, Philadelphia, Memphis, New Jersey (away) and Washington.
    A chance presents itself for Toronto to go on a rare win-streak in February that would catapult them into contention for home-court playoff advantage.

The team that most likely stands in their way is the Boston Celtics.

Everyone’s enemy and everyone’s nemesis: they are big, bad and cocky, and no one likes that unless they are your team.

Losing the home-court battle against the Celtics may well prove to seal the Raptors fate in the first-round of the playoffs. While it’s true they are six games back of the Celtics as of now, a long winning-streak in February may go a long way come April.
    Real GM

I really do think they can sneak up on one of the top four IF they can take advantage of their easy schedule to close the season. They need to stop playing down to their opponents for this to happen but fourth seed is now a possibility.

I'm honestly not convinced that home-court will make any difference because I think we'll drop one of the first two games if we do get it. At some point we'll have to win on the road in a series to win it, If you look at the number of playoff series that are won in 7 games where the home team wins every game is rare.

I think the matchup is more important than home-court. If we're facing Atlanta as the 5 in a 4-5 matchup, I'll gladly take that over facing the C**tics as a 4 in the same matchup.

Comment

Based on the way they've been playing at home lately its possible for them to take both home games. If they cannot win both home games then they have virtually no chance at making round two.

Comment

That "easy" schedule ends soon.

The Raps have a tough 4 game western road trip ahead and close out the season playing Cleveland, Boston & Atlanta in April.

Boston will have to keep sliding for the Raps to have a shot. (Big trade anyone?)
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

I realize that he isn't the biggest name, but Marquis Daniels is going to make a big difference for the Celtics now that he is healthy down the stretch. With him being back in the lineup it adds one more body before you have to put in Scalabrine (sp) which can only help the Celtics.

Barring injury to one of the "Big Three" I wouldn't put money on the Raptors catching anyone for the 4 seed.

Comment

Yeah, Daniels is a good player. He can score, rebound and defend... He'll be a good bench player if he fits into what they're doing. Sometimes players just don't fit.

Comment

Working...
            X