View Poll Results: Should the Raptors trade for Gasol given the opportunity?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 66.67%
  • No

16 33.33%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Have we entered an alternate universe? Are the Raptors buyers?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Bargnani + Anderson for Gasol is the only trade I would entertain.
    This is a fair price and I'm sure Lakers will do it. Gasol starting at PF will make us a legitimate play-off team. A solid second option, a good passer and rebounder. The only problem is it may be too late to do anything this season. I won't say it's impossible but the hole is a little too deep. So the question is, is it worth acquiring him to end up not making the play-offs? Why not wait 'til the off season?
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    wolstat says bargnani went through practice today and there's a chance he could play against the heat tomorrow
    Well that is a good sign. I hope he comes back and plays really well. Some people may not want to see what he can do within this system but their opinion isn't valued.

Raptors Republic Starter Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Bargs to Charlotte for their 2014 First round pick, Ramon Sessions, and Hakim Warrick?
    If Bargs comes back and plays well I think this could be possible. Some variation the the first round pick they'd send us depending on how well Bargs is playing.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote T.Dot wrote: View Post
    Well that is a good sign. I hope he comes back and plays really well. Some people may not want to see what he can do within this system but their opinion isn't valued.
    Bargnani is trash.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    How about Bargs to Charlotte for their 2014 First round pick, Ramon Sessions, and Hakim Warrick?
    If Bargs comes back and plays well I think this could be possible. Some variation the the first round pick they'd send us depending on how well Bargs is playing.
    wow... we really are in an alternate universe

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is trash.
    i agree.. but i am looking forward to see Bargs back on the court..that would be awsome cause the sooner we can get him on the floor the sooner we can trade him!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, i'm pretty sure the Raps will not trade their core(JV, Amir, Gay, Ross, DD, Lowry) to get a guy like Gasol. If they can move Bargnani + whoever to LAL for Gasol then do it. If the LAL asked for the guys that i mentioned above then NO.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i agree.. but i am looking forward to see Bargs back on the court..that would be awsome cause the sooner we can get him on the floor the sooner we can trade him!!
    Tru, as long as he's off the bench i don't have a huge problem with it. He just better get traded before the deadline
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Tru, as long as he's off the bench i don't have a huge problem with it. He just better get traded before the deadline
    That's not a big enough sample smartypants. Just like his 13 games wasn't enough to show what he can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is trash.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

That's not a big enough sample smartypants. Just like his 13 games wasn't enough to show what he can do.
    your just contradicting yourself bro. he played ok for 13 games and he played shit for about... 6 years!
    He is not going to get any better anymore, what you see is what you get. He is not a good fit for this team, so its bye bye bargnani and hello Rudy Gay.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    This isn't an opinion anymore. Its the truth

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want no part of Gasol in Toronto the guy is in and out game after game might as well try picking up Oden if you want Gasol ><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I want no part of Gasol in Toronto the guy is in and out game after game might as well try picking up Oden if you want Gasol ><
    Over bargnani i'd take him any day of the week.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

would love to get pau. a legit post pressence and a good passer out of the post would be key. he would do a lot for the development of jv which is reason to do it alone.

Post Thanks / Like

--Sigh

Despite the Rudy Gay trade, Toronto "remains intent on pursuing Gasol". http://lakerholicz.com/rumor-despite...sol/2013/02/02

Raptors Republic Rookie Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love Gasoline on our team, great mentor for JV, best post moves in NBA, and great passer, why not? The Anderson + Mr. Primo trade looks good to me.

Raptors Republic Rookie Mindlessness's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like getting Dalembert. He wouldn't cost much but could play, and be a good mentor, tho prob not as great as Gasoline woulda been.

EDIT: Stupid Spellcheck

Post Thanks / Like

If its moving Bargnani then sure go for it and get Gasol but we need money to extend Lowry,

Bargnani+Anderson/Fields for Gasol and Steve Blake.

Post Thanks / Like

your just contradicting yourself bro. he played ok for 13 games and he played shit for about... 6 years!
    He is not going to get any better anymore, what you see is what you get. He is not a good fit for this team, so its bye bye bargnani and hello Rudy Gay.
    How do you know he's not going to get any better? all of you are just full of shit. I hope he gets traded and completely beasts on toronto when he's on another team.

Thread Information