Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we entered an alternate universe? Are the Raptors buyers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the idea of going after a low post scorer as well, but I'm starting to get the sense that there is a panic among fans in the forum to have our rotation of the future nailed down by this trade deadline. That doesn't need to be the case as we can get our PF of the future down the line. Plenty of teams are playing chicken with the luxury tax and sooner or later they'll be looking to unload talent for some tax releif. If there isn't a trade that is realistically available before the deadline or even this off season then I'm okay with putting Amir and JV out there next season in the starting line up. At least we know that rebounding, shot blocking and post D is covered.

I actually wouldn't mind going after a player like OJ Mayo. He's a legit perimeter scorer which this team needs, can handle some minutes playing PG and is another player whom can create for both himself as well as others. Perhaps DeMar for Mayo straight up? Not sure how salaries match up.

My thought is that if we can't get a legit low post scorer we could follow OKC's model to some degree and surround our bigs with high level scorers like Gay, Mayo and Lowry. Thoughts?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      I like the idea of going after a low post scorer as well, but I'm starting to get the sense that there is a panic among fans in the forum to have our rotation of the future nailed down by this trade deadline. That doesn't need to be the case as we can get our PF of the future down the line. Plenty of teams are playing chicken with the luxury tax and sooner or later they'll be looking to unload talent for some tax releif. If there isn't a trade that is realistically available before the deadline or even this off season then I'm okay with putting Amir and JV out there next season in the starting line up. At least we know that rebounding, shot blocking and post D is covered.

I actually wouldn't mind going after a player like OJ Mayo. He's a legit perimeter scorer which this team needs, can handle some minutes playing PG and is another player whom can create for both himself as well as others. Perhaps DeMar for Mayo straight up? Not sure how salaries match up.

My thought is that if we can't get a legit low post scorer we could follow OKC's model to some degree and surround our bigs with high level scorers like Gay, Mayo and Lowry. Thoughts?
      I think the panic stems from getting something of value from Bargnani before his trade value erodes even further. Now it could as well but I don't have a lot of confidence.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        I like the idea of going after a low post scorer as well, but I'm starting to get the sense that there is a panic among fans in the forum to have our rotation of the future nailed down by this trade deadline. That doesn't need to be the case as we can get our PF of the future down the line. Plenty of teams are playing chicken with the luxury tax and sooner or later they'll be looking to unload talent for some tax releif. If there isn't a trade that is realistically available before the deadline or even this off season then I'm okay with putting Amir and JV out there next season in the starting line up. At least we know that rebounding, shot blocking and post D is covered.

I would make a DeRozan for Mayo swap without hesitation. But unfortunately, the salaries don't match.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I think the panic stems from getting something of value from Bargnani before his trade value erodes even further. Now it could as well but I don't have a lot of confidence.
          The reality is that there might not be anything of value to us to be had for Bargnani. Could be a situation where we have to sell low. There's a reason why he isn't gone as yet, and it's not because he was injured (see Bynum, Bogut).

Comment

• d749 wrote: View Post
            would love to get pau. a legit post pressence and a good passer out of the post would be key. he would do a lot for the development of jv which is reason to do it alone.
            .....and his contract comes off the books at the end of next season.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
            X