Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we entered an alternate universe? Are the Raptors buyers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Anderson only has value in a package. He's not making enough money to bring back even a rookie-scale contract.

And Millsap is the only one he certainly couldn't return, unless Utah has the dumbest GM ever. Utah is trading Jefferson or Millsap primarily to free up roster space for Kanter and Favors to get more minutes. Why would they want Bargs? LA and ATL on the other hand both want to get/stay young and both could benefit from a stretch 4 (especially with Lou Williams out in ATL), as well as the fact that BArgs is a payroll decrease to each of those teams.
    Yes I realize Anderson's salary which is why I had previously attached kleiza to the suggested Maxiell deal. Personally I don't see Bargnani being dealt and think he will be the one amnestied in the summer. I do agree on the majority of your points I just do not see us having the pieces to get a Smith or Gasol

Comment

How about Bargs for Javale McGee

Numbers work.. He is young, long , fast and athletic. Can be our 3rd big... Don't you think DC could turn him into Tyson Candler lite? If he focuses on patrolling the paint, and finishing lobs.. Could he not help?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I'm actually starting to think the problem is between TOR and MIN, they might have a package they want, but that each of those teams refuse to let the other acquire Gasol in the deal.

A package of Bargs, AA, Budinger and a 1st rd pick(Minny has one to trade this year) would probably get it done.
        Or Bargs, AA/Budinger and Derrick Williams.

But I can't imagine LA wanting Kleiza for any reason....oh and Pietrus cannot be traded because of when he was signed. He's either sticking it out in TO or getting waived.
        IMO the Lakers are gunna be much more cautious trading with the T'wolves cuz moving Gasol to the T'wolves gives them a shot to contend for the 8 seed which is something the Lakers are after too.

Comment

No. But if it doesn't include any of our core guys Gay/Lowry/JV/Derozan/Ross/Johnson, than I'm not against it. Although, as much as MLSE is willing to spend, Gasol may not fit with our current style because this team wants to run, and the small ball really works well with Gay at the 4.

From a basketball perspective, no. From a financial perspective, no.

So. No.

I personally think getting a prospect big man - centre or power forward - and a veteran point guard is what we need. Quincy Acy at this moment can't be the full time back-up, and he WILL be getting minutes regardless if Bargnani is playing or not.
          Last edited by ReubenJRD; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 03:35 PM.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

wolstat says bargnani went through practice today and there's a chance he could play against the heat tomorrow

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              Bargnani + Anderson for Gasol is the only trade I would entertain.
              This is a fair price and I'm sure Lakers will do it. Gasol starting at PF will make us a legitimate play-off team. A solid second option, a good passer and rebounder. The only problem is it may be too late to do anything this season. I won't say it's impossible but the hole is a little too deep. So the question is, is it worth acquiring him to end up not making the play-offs? Why not wait 'til the off season?
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                wolstat says bargnani went through practice today and there's a chance he could play against the heat tomorrow
                Well that is a good sign. I hope he comes back and plays really well. Some people may not want to see what he can do within this system but their opinion isn't valued.

Comment

How about Bargs to Charlotte for their 2014 First round pick, Ramon Sessions, and Hakim Warrick?
                  If Bargs comes back and plays well I think this could be possible. Some variation the the first round pick they'd send us depending on how well Bargs is playing.

Comment

T.Dot wrote: View Post
                    Well that is a good sign. I hope he comes back and plays really well. Some people may not want to see what he can do within this system but their opinion isn't valued.
                    Bargnani is trash.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                      How about Bargs to Charlotte for their 2014 First round pick, Ramon Sessions, and Hakim Warrick?
                      If Bargs comes back and plays well I think this could be possible. Some variation the the first round pick they'd send us depending on how well Bargs is playing.
                      wow... we really are in an alternate universe

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani is trash.
                        i agree.. but i am looking forward to see Bargs back on the court..that would be awsome cause the sooner we can get him on the floor the sooner we can trade him!!

Comment

Well, i'm pretty sure the Raps will not trade their core(JV, Amir, Gay, Ross, DD, Lowry) to get a guy like Gasol. If they can move Bargnani + whoever to LAL for Gasol then do it. If the LAL asked for the guys that i mentioned above then NO.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                            i agree.. but i am looking forward to see Bargs back on the court..that would be awsome cause the sooner we can get him on the floor the sooner we can trade him!!
                            Tru, as long as he's off the bench i don't have a huge problem with it. He just better get traded before the deadline

Comment

Tru, as long as he's off the bench i don't have a huge problem with it. He just better get traded before the deadline
                              That's not a big enough sample smartypants. Just like his 13 games wasn't enough to show what he can do.

Comment

Bargnani is trash.
                                Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X