Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we entered an alternate universe? Are the Raptors buyers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T.Dot wrote: View Post
    That's not a big enough sample smartypants. Just like his 13 games wasn't enough to show what he can do.
    your just contradicting yourself bro. he played ok for 13 games and he played shit for about... 6 years!
    He is not going to get any better anymore, what you see is what you get. He is not a good fit for this team, so its bye bye bargnani and hello Rudy Gay.

Comment

T.Dot wrote: View Post
      Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
      This isn't an opinion anymore. Its the truth

Comment

I want no part of Gasol in Toronto the guy is in and out game after game might as well try picking up Oden if you want Gasol ><

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          I want no part of Gasol in Toronto the guy is in and out game after game might as well try picking up Oden if you want Gasol ><
          Over bargnani i'd take him any day of the week.

Comment

would love to get pau. a legit post pressence and a good passer out of the post would be key. he would do a lot for the development of jv which is reason to do it alone.

Comment

--Sigh

Despite the Rudy Gay trade, Toronto "remains intent on pursuing Gasol". http://lakerholicz.com/rumor-despite...sol/2013/02/02

Comment

I'd love Gasoline on our team, great mentor for JV, best post moves in NBA, and great passer, why not? The Anderson + Mr. Primo trade looks good to me.

Comment

I also like getting Dalembert. He wouldn't cost much but could play, and be a good mentor, tho prob not as great as Gasoline woulda been.

EDIT: Stupid Spellcheck

Comment

If its moving Bargnani then sure go for it and get Gasol but we need money to extend Lowry,

Bargnani+Anderson/Fields for Gasol and Steve Blake.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      your just contradicting yourself bro. he played ok for 13 games and he played shit for about... 6 years!
                      He is not going to get any better anymore, what you see is what you get. He is not a good fit for this team, so its bye bye bargnani and hello Rudy Gay.
                      How do you know he's not going to get any better? all of you are just full of shit. I hope he gets traded and completely beasts on toronto when he's on another team.

Comment

This isn't an opinion anymore. Its the truth
                        He has had some crappy games, that I know I'm not blind to that. But he can be a really good player. The idea that he is useless is so far fetched.

Comment

• I'm against trading for Pau. He's got a good 2 years left and then what? I still wanna add players on the right side of 30 that allows us to be contenders longterm instead of those wholl impact the team for a season or so then retire. No to Pau and Garnett etc.

Comment

Bargnani is trash.
                            I would argue that I dislike Bargnani more than you do. However, having said that, the penalties for luxury tax teams next year is so punitive that people are going to think twice about their wishes in getting Gasol. Gay was a good acquisition on the cheap (trade-wise) but is a costly one financially. I know it's not my money but Gasol doesn't make much sense at this point. Adding Gay to the core makes sense. Gasol isn't a part of such core.

If the Raps are a .500 team, I'd understand if they needed that "push" but at this point, the team cannot compromise their financial positions further. I joked about Gasol with Matt52 but in reality, I wouldn't want a Gasol in the mix. Bargnani is best served off the bench. Build his confidence back and perhaps next year he can be showcased further. Just my 2 cents.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                              I'm against trading for Pau. He's got a good 2 years left and then what? I still wanna add players on the right side of 30 that allows us to be contenders longterm instead of those wholl impact the team for a season or so then retire. No to Pau and Garnett etc.
                              i think the case for Gasol goes like this: while he may only be here till his contract runs out he will be a Legit post presence & mentor for Jonas.. by the time Gasol moves on the hope would be that Jonas will be ready by then to take over & dominate & i think he will.. in the mean time though he learns from Gasol & backs him up at the 5 so gasol doesnt have to log 35+ minutes everynight, that in itself is enough of a reason, add in the fact wed be ridding ourselves of Bargs & its a no brainer..

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                                i think the case for Gasol goes like this: while he may only be here till his contract runs out he will be a Legit post presence & mentor for Jonas.. by the time Gasol moves on the hope would be that Jonas will be ready by then to take over & dominate & i think he will.. in the mean time though he learns from Gasol & backs him up at the 5 so gasol doesnt have to log 35+ minutes everynight, that in itself is enough of a reason, add in the fact wed be ridding ourselves of Bargs & its a no brainer..
                                This is still contingent upon Lakers agreeing to letting go of Gasol. Howard's out and could be gone for some time. If the Lakers get re-assurances from Dwight that he will re-sign with the Lakers provided Gasol is traded, then I see it happening immediately. D'Antoni loves his big to be mobile and can shoot from the perimeter. Bargs should be a fit (please see Earl Clark's re-emergence). The bottom line is that the Lakers cannot afford to keep Gasol, re-sign Howard. Period.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X