Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have we entered an alternate universe? Are the Raptors buyers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If its moving Bargnani then sure go for it and get Gasol but we need money to extend Lowry,

Bargnani+Anderson/Fields for Gasol and Steve Blake.
    You can go above the cap to resign your own.

I think the real issue becomes how much is Lowry seeking.

Then when Gasol comes off the books, can you get Gasol on a Garnett-like final deal?

Comment

• Gasols expiring contract will eventually be a huge trade chip

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        You can go above the cap to resign your own.

I think the real issue becomes how much is Lowry seeking.

Then when Gasol comes off the books, can you get Gasol on a Garnett-like final deal?
        isnt that only if the team holds bird rights?? im not sure if LA has bird rights on Gasol but they just might

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
          isnt that only if the team holds bird rights?? im not sure if LA has bird rights on Gasol but they just might
          Sorry, I should have said that was all in relation to Toronto and would assume Toronto has traded for Gasol.

Comment

• CALL ME CRAZY!

This just hit me while washing dishes. Haven't you noticed that Gray's involvement on offence seems more prominent. I mean, at times, he's set above the key or the first big to touch the ball and then initiate the offence that way (Sabonis made a career out of this). I just notice this lately because of how some plays are starting off with Gray in the mix to initiate movement. It seems as if this is the kind of offence that would take place if Gasol is here. Is it possible that they're already working around (with this system) as a means to prepare the team for Gasol's eventual role in this team? Is it possible that a verbal agreement has been reached and that the Lakers are just waiting to see how Bargs is? I'm theorizing this because I've seen about 7 - 8 games with the Lakers on TV and I'm noticing that Gasol does the same thing with the Lakers.

Please note: I've only noticed this after the departure of Calderon so maybe it's just me. I'll be watching another Laker game very soon and will be observing Gasol's role in the offence. Again, call me crazy.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              CALL ME CRAZY!

This just hit me while washing dishes. Haven't you noticed that Gray's involvement on offence seems more prominent. I mean, at times, he's set above the key or the first big to touch the ball and then initiate the offence that way (Sabonis made a career out of this). I just notice this lately because of how some plays are starting off with Gray in the mix to initiate movement. It seems as if this is the kind of offence that would take place if Gasol is here. Is it possible that they're already working around (with this system) as a means to prepare the team for Gasol's eventual role in this team? Is it possible that a verbal agreement has been reached and that the Lakers are just waiting to see how Bargs is? I'm theorizing this because I've seen about 7 - 8 games with the Lakers on TV and I'm noticing that Gasol does the same thing with the Lakers.

Please note: I've only noticed this after the departure of Calderon so maybe it's just me. I'll be watching another Laker game very soon and will be observing Gasol's role in the offence. Again, call me crazy.
              gasol has always been used like this. He is a great passer, great mid range shot, and good down low. Hence, why I think he would fit great here. As far-fetched as it may seem, I hope u are right

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                CALL ME CRAZY!

i wouldnt call it crazy, far fetched maybe but not crazy... Gasol has always done this with LA, Triangle offence i think..Gray could be added to a package for Gasol too maybe?

Comment

• was there no media at practice today? im waiting for videos to pop up at raptors.com

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                    Gasols expiring contract will eventually be a huge trade chip
                    Can we please stop calling expiring contracts huge trade chips? Weve seen here what expiring contracts get you over the last few years .. and the answer is not much. Ya, Jose's contract helped make the $ work in the Ed trade .. but an expiring contract in and of itself is not nearly the "trade chip" that it was a few years back. It essentially allows you to take on an overpriced player with longer years on his deal than your guys. But the reality is, many teams could have come up with a package for Gay that worked salary wise .. joses contract wasnt much of a differentiator ..

Comment

• mountio wrote: View Post
                      Can we please stop calling expiring contracts huge trade chips? Weve seen here what expiring contracts get you over the last few years .. and the answer is not much. Ya, Jose's contract helped make the $ work in the Ed trade .. but an expiring contract in and of itself is not nearly the "trade chip" that it was a few years back. It essentially allows you to take on an overpriced player with longer years on his deal than your guys. But the reality is, many teams could have come up with a package for Gay that worked salary wise .. joses contract wasnt much of a differentiator ..
                      There was a time when an expiring contract was very valuable. I agree the last few years they have not been worth too much.

In the Gay trade Jose's contract was a big deal. It saved both Memphis and the 3rd team, Detroit, a LOT of money each.

It will be interesting to see if real value returns with the new super tax coming in for next year and if players involved become more than overpaid deadweight. I see a future where teams are going to have shorter opportunities for contention and more frequent/shorter rebuilding to contention cycles.

Time will tell.

Comment

• http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...s=iref:nbahpts

more talk/speculation of gasol to Toronto, or at least a likely move of gasol
                        Last edited by Machine; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Raps is luxury tax territory?! wow!! whether its Gasol or any other "right deal"... its another discussion all together. The mention that our new owners are prepared to spend is music to my ears.

Comment

• So it isnt likely that Gasol is given up Dwight with his injury issues they need him would anyone be willing to go for Sacre and Blake for Bargnani?

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              i think the case for Gasol goes like this: while he may only be here till his contract runs out he will be a Legit post presence & mentor for Jonas.. by the time Gasol moves on the hope would be that Jonas will be ready by then to take over & dominate & i think he will.. in the mean time though he learns from Gasol & backs him up at the 5 so gasol doesnt have to log 35+ minutes everynight, that in itself is enough of a reason, add in the fact wed be ridding ourselves of Bargs & its a no brainer..
                              And another part of the plan that I haven't seen anyone mention is that at the end of next season when Gasol moves on, Lowry's contract is up and he'll be a free agent. We could really use that 19 million dollars of Gasol's expring contract to re-sign Lowry to a bigger deal and maybe add another mid-level piece.

Comment

• I voted yes on this poll because since we now have Rudy Gay, we may as well go for whatever glory is attainable. Rebuilding is over, it's time to win soon and Gasol can help us get to the promised land that is the 8th seed. Do it, but with what assets? We arguably traded our best asset in Davis, and it's upto Bargnani to fetch value. I don't think he has any, which means picks must be traded!

Comment

Working...
                                X