Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the trade and why Casey is still NOT the right coach for the Raptors

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie panagnos's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on the trade and why Casey is still NOT the right coach for the Raptors

The Raptors seem to finally be able to pull off a trade just for the sake of doing something to change the current situation. This move came maybe a season too late since 2012-13 season is already done with. (The Raptors would have to win 25 games out of remaining 36 to finish at .500 and potentially make the playoffs - which will be impossible to do). Are there more moves to be made? Sure. I think the moves that are to follow this one are more critical to the Raptors success the next three years.
    First they have to address the Bargnani situation. I suspect that they will have to include another quality player as part of the trade to make it happen. The question is who do they package along with Bargnani to make it happen?
    There are two possibilities here. The first one, which is less likely, is that they package Lowry with Bargnani for another big and maybe a draft pick or a young athletic PG. The second option, which is more likely, is that they package DeRozan for another big and a combo guard with one or two years left on his contract.
    After looking at viable candidates to make a trade before the deadline or during the summer two come to mind. Utah will not be able to resign both Millsap and Jefferson this offseason. I think it makes sense to trade both Bargnani and DeRozan for Mo Williams and Jefferson. If they both re-sign in the summer time, which is very likely, you automatically have a legitimate PF that scores and rebounds at 20/10 per game and a defensive minded combo guard that comes off the bench to help Lowry and Ross.
    I believe that Ross will be a multi-year all-star if he is given the chance to play and grow next year.
    The second team that might be willing to part with a big is NY Knicks. The chemistry with Amare Stoudemire back is not the same as at the beginning of the season. The Knicks might be willing to part with Amar’e and Iman Shubert for Bargnani and Lowry. The second trade is less likely because of Amare’s injury history and also Salary cap implications for the Raptors.

Now I have posted several messages in the past about my thoughts on Casey. I believe he is a great motivator and gets his players to play hard every night. He almost reminds me of a friend that will convince you that you are able to do anything, and you believe him. He just seems like a man without a plan. Just look at the players coming out of timeouts and end of quarter positions. Even Butch Carter made mention of this the other day on FAN590.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What does Butch Carter know?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    the price of a big mac combo at mcD's LOL or maybe how to end an NBA coaching career LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Look Man, when Casey wins 47 games with the Raptors, or as a head coach come back and post a thread.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote panagnos wrote: View Post
    Look Man, when Casey wins 47 games with the Raptors, or as a head coach come back and post a thread.
    Butch Carter didn't win 47 games you total fucking idiot. You just lost all credibility to ever post anything and pretend you know wtf you're talking about. Butch Carter led them to 45 wins...Lenny fucking Wilkens led them to 47 wins.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When you learn something about basketball, come post a thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Only someone with the IQ of a 14 year-old would make comments like this.......

Post Thanks / Like

really? & your comment was mature?? i was making a joke, your the one with the immature comment..how about u grow up, learn that not everyone agrees with your opinion on DC or Butch then realize that by making stupid comments like your above post just show your level of IQ now go crawl back in your hole!
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Sat Feb 2nd, 2013 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    really? & your comment was mature?? i was making a joke, your the one with the immature comment..how about u grow up, learn that not everyone agrees with your opinion on DC or Butch then realize that by making stupid comments like your above post just show your level of IQ now go crawl back in your hole!
    The mature one has spoken. The guy with an avatar of two-pack, LOL, giving the finger.... Real mature man!

Post Thanks / Like

The mature one has spoken. The guy with an avatar of two-pack, LOL, giving the finger.... Real mature man!
    what does a 2pac avatar have to do with someones maturity level? your attempts at trolling would be more effective if the intelligence level of your posts was at least on par with a 6th grader

Post Thanks / Like

How can an avatar have anything to do with maturity? And how does a giant red dinosaur logo of a sports team make you more mature than a guy with a picture of a hip hop, no, make that music legend?

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

panagnos wrote:

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    How can an avatar have anything to do with maturity? And how does a giant red dinosaur logo of a sports team make you more mature than a guy with a picture of a hip hop, no, make that music legend?
    Because its a picture of Tupac giving the finger.

If you haven't reached an age where you understand that yet than youre immature yourself. The only exceptions are: if this was a hip hop forum or if it were Tupac himself posting

Plus anyone who has to ask how an avatar can effect a poster's credibility must....oh never mind shhhhiiiiiiiiitttttttt

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

"IQ does not develop with age, as it is titled Intelligence Quotient. Originally, IQ was calculated as 100 x (mental age / chronological age), hence why 100 was the "average" score, as your mental age and chronological age are exactly equal."

Source

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    "IQ does not develop with age, as it is titled Intelligence Quotient. Originally, IQ was calculated as 100 x (mental age / chronological age), hence why 100 was the "average" score, as your mental age and chronological age are exactly equal."

Source
    Beat me to it

Post Thanks / Like

Only an ignoramus could forget that an IQ score is corrected for age and therefor independent of the variable.

Post Thanks / Like

Only an ignoramus could forget that an IQ score is corrected for age and therefor independent of the variable.
    Did you have to Google the word before you picked it? Its a big boy word. I hope you are wearing your big boy pants. but since you want to get technical with me:
    Ignoramus is a college farce, a 1615 academic play by George Ruggle. Written in Latin (with passages in English and French), it was arguably the most famous and influential academic play of English Renaissance drama. Ruggle based his play on La Trappolaria (1596), an Italian comedy by Giambattista della Porta (which in turn borrows from the Pseudolus of Plautus).
    In Latin ignōrāmus the first-person plural present active indicative of īgnōrō (“I do not know”, “I am unacquainted with”, “I am ignorant of”) literally means “we are ignorant of” or “we do not know”. The term acquired its English meaning of an ignorant person or dunce as a consequence of Ruggle's play.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Aka you?

Post Thanks / Like

This is ludicrous. Casey is a fine coach. This is clearly just your opinion. I once again make note that things fans get on Casey for are not exclusive to Toronto, or exclusive to bad coaches. It's not like Miami or Boston never srew up an inbounds play. It's not like the Clippers run a well-oiled machine.

Toronto is coached pretty well. The absolute only thing I was questioning with Casey before were his sub patterns in terms of minutes. He'd get way too attached to lineups for long stretches, and then end up with really weird minute divisions. LIke how many times has Demar, or Jose/Lowry (whoever's playing better that night) been on the bench until there are like 4 minutes left in the half or game...that is downright strange. We'll see now that the trade is done, role definition should be easier with a clear-cut starting PG, and a more reliable wing rotation.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    This is ludicrous. Casey is a fine coach. This is clearly just your opinion. I once again make note that things fans get on Casey for are not exclusive to Toronto, or exclusive to bad coaches. It's not like Miami or Boston never srew up an inbounds play. It's not like the Clippers run a well-oiled machine.

Toronto is coached pretty well. The absolute only thing I was questioning with Casey before were his sub patterns in terms of minutes. He'd get way too attached to lineups for long stretches, and then end up with really weird minute divisions. LIke how many times has Demar, or Jose/Lowry (whoever's playing better that night) been on the bench until there are like 4 minutes left in the half or game...that is downright strange. We'll see now that the trade is done, role definition should be easier with a clear-cut starting PG, and a more reliable wing rotation.
    Agreed. He's instilled a very solid system and is getting his players to execute night in and night out. Every coach has faults, and Casey's so far this season is minute distribution (which is very fixable, especially with these recent roster changes)

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not bad but he's no Pop. My beef with his coaching is that he's not necessarily an X's and O's guy. I wish he'd call time outs quicker, a la Pop. Substitution pattern in critical moments are a bit dubious and play calling during crunch time can be iffy (i.e.. late-game inbound plays). One huge plus: great motivator. Great coaches in this game motivates - unless of course you're Pop, Thibs and Jackson. In that case, they'll just chew you out with their death stares.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information