Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts on the trade and why Casey is still NOT the right coach for the Raptors

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote panagnos wrote: View Post
    The mature one has spoken. The guy with an avatar of two-pack, LOL, giving the finger.... Real mature man!
    How can an avatar have anything to do with maturity? And how does a giant red dinosaur logo of a sports team make you more mature than a guy with a picture of a hip hop, no, make that music legend?

Post Thanks / Like

Look Man, when Casey wins 47 games with the Raptors, or as a head coach come back and post a thread.
    Butch Carter didn't win 47 games you total fucking idiot. You just lost all credibility to ever post anything and pretend you know wtf you're talking about. Butch Carter led them to 45 wins...Lenny fucking Wilkens led them to 47 wins.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the original poster is not watching the game. If he was he would see the defense rotation on the ball and cutting off passin lanes is the best the raps have ever done, I mean ever!

Offense is extremely impressive because not only is the play solid but it allows for counters to what the defense does against it. Triano had good plays but didn't allow for counters

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Butch Carter is a moron Casey had limited talent to work with, a lot of the blunders are on the players execution and not doing the right things all night defensively.

Butch Carter can talk all he wants he was coaching one of the best Raps teams in franchise history its easy to get a W out of leaning on prime VC and Tmac along with Hakeem... this guy can go dive under a tractor I wish they would stop asking for his comment if hes so great why isnt he in a job? nobody wants him. MOVING ALONG! DC is a good coach with more talent and a a team that has some time together buying into the system things will be fine.

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Its funny, I mentioned the Demar/Bargs for Millsap/scrub trade to friends the minute we got Rudy - this would be a good move for the Raps although I really want to see how the Rudy and Demar lineup pans out.

And I kinda see what youre saying with coach Casey too... I like the guy, you want to root for him and I think he has the respect of the players but some of his line ups and minute distribution has been kinda questionable. Before the injuries he seemed completely lost at times and it seemed like he was just on the verge of losing the faith of the players too. Its like Casey needed those injuries to show him the proper minute distribution and proper line ups to make this team win.
    STILL, im routing for him, Ive got his back and Im chalking all his early downfalls on being with a new team. There's something about his demeanor/character that I admire that I never saw in any other previous coaches...no homo

Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey has instilled a winning mentality as best as he can. A positive of his tenure is that we're still in games late, unlike when Jay was in town. Besides, Casey IS the coach, so this discussion is going nowhere.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Post Thanks / Like

panagnos wrote:
    The mature one has spoken. The guy with an avatar of two-pack, LOL, giving the finger.... Real mature man!

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    How can an avatar have anything to do with maturity? And how does a giant red dinosaur logo of a sports team make you more mature than a guy with a picture of a hip hop, no, make that music legend?
    Because its a picture of Tupac giving the finger.

If you haven't reached an age where you understand that yet than youre immature yourself. The only exceptions are: if this was a hip hop forum or if it were Tupac himself posting

Plus anyone who has to ask how an avatar can effect a poster's credibility must....oh never mind shhhhiiiiiiiiitttttttt

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Look Man, when Casey wins 47 games with the Raptors, or as a head coach come back and post a thread.
    When you learn something about basketball, come post a thread.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an ignorant fool, why you dont ignore him?
    #FREE

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSchool wrote: View Post
    panagnos wrote:

If you haven't reached an age where you understand that yet than youre immature yourself. The only exceptions are: if this was a hip hop forum or if it were Tupac himself posting

Plus anyone who has to ask how an avatar can effect a poster's credibility must....oh never mind shhhhiiiiiiiiitttttttt
    if one was to look past the fact my avatar has 2pac giving the finger ud remember that not only was 2pac a rapper he was an actor too... just so happens one of my fav. basketball movies stars guess who 2pac(above the rim) if your too immature too look past the finger i cant help that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSchool wrote: View Post
    panagnos wrote:

NOt really. Avatar's are for fun. Someone criticizing somebody else's maturity for something that in no way should ever be taken seriously is ridiculous. Hence if he's going to use that logic, tons of avatars can be considered immature.

And to suggest just because it's a picture of Tupac giving the finger that it is an immature choice is also strange. A large portion of Tupac's music is rebellious in nature, an affront to the situation so many poor young men and women are born into in the United States. I don't know the context of the pic, but at the very least it's a pretty nice symbol for some music and message of his. The finger, however immature you deem it (I suppose I could bite my thumb at thee instead), is a symbol of anger, fighting back and not taking shit anymore.

Finally, you suggest having an avatar that what, isn't completely and plainly associated to bball is immature? That's just fucking crazy. Again, avatars are FOR FUN. I was just getting on the guy for even bringing it up at all. Sorry we can't all have mature fun.....I'll make sure my next avatar shows a bingo hall or something.

Also really finally, I didn't suggest his avatar had anything to do with credibility, but the fact that HE WAS CRITICIZING SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR IS THE VERY THING THAT DAMAGES HIS, BECAUSE AVATARS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH INTELLIGENCE OR CREDIBILITY. The thing I said damaged his credibility was that he couldn't even get a basic stat right, like knowing that Butch Carter won 45 games and Lenny Wilkens got the 47 games.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Feb 3rd, 2013 at 12:47 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Per the above logic: My avatar gives me the most credibility by far!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    NOt really. Avatar's are for fun. Someone criticizing somebody else's maturity for something that in no way should ever be taken seriously is ridiculous. Hence if he's going to use that logic, tons of avatars can be considered immature.

And to suggest just because it's a picture of Tupac giving the finger that it is an immature choice is also strange. A large portion of Tupac's music is rebellious in nature, an affront to the situation so many poor young men and women are born into in the United States. I don't know the context of the pic, but at the very least it's a pretty nice symbol for some music and message of his. The finger, however immature you deem it (I suppose I could bite my thumb at thee instead), is a symbol of anger, fighting back and not taking shit anymore.

Finally, you suggest having an avatar that what, isn't completely and plainly associated to bball is immature? That's just fucking crazy. Again, avatars are FOR FUN. I was just getting on the guy for even bringing it up at all. Sorry we can't all have mature fun.....I'll make sure my next avatar shows a bingo hall or something.

Also really finally, I didn't suggest his avatar had anything to do with credibility, but the fact that HE WAS CRITICIZING SOMEONE ELSE'S AVATAR IS THE VERY THING THAT DAMAGES HIS, BECAUSE AVATARS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH INTELLIGENCE OR CREDIBILITY. The thing I said damaged his credibility was that he couldn't even get a basic stat right, like knowing that Butch Carter won 45 games and Lenny Wilkens got the 47 games.
    You know what, you're right. Avatars are just for fun. When i read these forums its usually during my late night shift when I have nothing left to do but vent (usually after a Raptors loss) - so don't be surprised if you read more of my posts and Im unloading on some fool posting here. Im just gonna call it how I see it. And after reading this, you're right - Ill admit it.

I still think its silly though for someone to come on here and try an spew their basketball knowledge to everyone then you look at his avatar and its a pic of Justin Beiber singing a love song (just an example) then the poster saying "what!? he's my favorite singer...so anyways about that low post execution..." - somethings wrong with that picture and Im not talking about the avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

Casey might not be the coach for the Raptors.

Great motivator. Guys haven't quit. But his in game decision making is suspect as is his X's and O's in my opinion.

The team is loading up on talent and he needs to utilize it much better than he did vs. the HEAT. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going crazy over one loss but how AA continues to be THE focus of the offense for long stretches blows my mind.

At the end of the day though, Casey is suppose to be a defensive coach. Over half way through the season the Raptors are:
    • 20th in opp PPG
    • tied for 23rd in opp FG%
    • 26th in defensive rating
    • 23rd in opp at rim fg%
    • 3rd in opp made at rim field goals

These stats are my concern. For a team suppose to be preaching defense, well, it is not there.
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still like Casey. He's not the brightest X's and O's type of coach, but he can motivate, he is well-respected, determined and last but not the least, he has his teams back. Maybe there is a need to hire an assistant who is a brilliant strategist. But the one thing I know is, the head coach is the voice in the locker room. As long as players listen to him (and you can tell they will play their asses off for this coach), then Casey should remain the Raptors head coach.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I said this before, i think Casey's a good guy. I think he's a good teacher. But i don't think he's a good coach.

Raps are getting outcoached in my opinion every game specially late in games. And isn't DC supposed to be a defensive coach?

Anyhow, there are better coaches out there. Raps need an experienced guy in my opinion. I would love to see Jeff or Stan Van Gundy coaching this team next year. But i know it's not gonna happen.

Casey is the Raps coach come hell or high water.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information