No announcement yet.

Do you BELIEVE? Raptor playoff push

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drives me crazy knowing we dropped all those recent games.. those 3OT games... irving's dagger up our ass, collapse in philly.. a handful of those games would raised our chances considerably, but now its a huge hole where we gotta roll out a couple 6 or 7 games winning streaks to get us back in.. and of course beating Miami is the start of it..

anyone recall that year when VC went down and Antonio Davis put the team on his back to win the last 12/15 games to get in.. that was a phenomenal ride.. i remember it.. i hope to relive it again this year

Comment

I'll be very surprised if they make the play-offs. The hole they've dug is just too deep. In a way however, I think management is hoping(and maybe fans should be as well) that they just miss the play-offs so their 1st rounder (which now belongs to OKC and seemingly is a late lottery pick), gets used this year. Besides this being a draft lacking star quality would be the draft they'd prefer to miss.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

2001-2002

they were up 27-20

VC gets hurt..

then went on a losing streak of like 3-18

Raptors where 30-38...

then hey go 12-2 the last 14 games to climb into the playoffs
        Last edited by imaginelino; Sat Feb 2, 2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
          when did that happen?
          2009-2010 season.

Comment

imaginelino wrote: View Post
            2001-2002

they were up 27-20

VC gets hurt..

then went on a losing streak of like 3-18

Raptors where 30-38...

then hey go 12-2 the last 14 games to climb into the playoffs
            Davis was a monster that spring. Raptors played their hearts out.

Comment

I don't want to put too much stock into today but if the Raps pull out a win against the heat this is the type of weekend that can propel them into a bit of a winning streak. Beating the Clips and Heat with a new acquisition will be a huge confidence boost

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
                I don't want to put too much stock into today but if the Raps pull out a win against the heat this is the type of weekend that can propel them into a bit of a winning streak. Beating the Clips and Heat with a new acquisition will be a huge confidence boost
                Yeah. The last game is a really hard to use to judge the team. With a new player so we had really good energy for a lot of the game. And at the same time, because I have league pass so I rewatched the condensed version of the game....The Clips played just terribly. We played decently, but not like a powerhouse or anything. Wouldn't be surprised if that's in the handful of worst games of the season for the Clips. OBviously didn't help them Paul was injured, and since Del Negro can't coach, their offense had no rhythm.

Comment

my beliefs will be greatly clarified before the all star break.

If Boston blows up the team (which I am hearing rumors trickle in about Garnett to clips for Butler and Bledsoe)

then all we have to do is overcome Philly (who could turn it on at any time)
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    my beliefs will be greatly clarified before the all star break.

If Boston blows up the team (which I am hearing rumors trickle in about Garnett to clips for Butler and Bledsoe)

then all we have to do is overcome Philly (who could turn it on at any time)
                    I wouldn't be placing any money on Atlanta at this time either.

That situation with Josh Smith seems volatile.

Comment

Boston will drop,
                      Atlanta will drop,
                      We will catch up to Philly (meaning we will pass Detroit)

and we will make the playoffs either 8th or even 7th seed (depending on Atlanta)
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Boston will drop,
                        Atlanta will drop,

and we will make the playoffs either 8th or even 7th seed (depending on Atlanta)
                        I hope you are right.

Regardless Toronto is going to have to go 20-15 at worst (Indy got in 2010-11 playoffs with 37 wins).

More than likely they are going to need to go 23-12 to get to 40 wins.

Today is going to be huge to help the degree of difficulty.

Comment

I'd love to make the playoffs don't get me wrong, but if we are able to go on a run and narrowly miss the playoffs and give away a low lottery pick and then have momentum for next season

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I hope you are right.

Regardless Toronto is going to have to go 20-15 at worst (Indy got in 2010-11 playoffs with 37 wins).

More than likely they are going to need to go 23-12 to get to 40 wins.

Today is going to be huge to help the degree of difficulty.
                            Yup, winning tonight will definitely be a step in the right direction. Playoffs arent impossible if we lose today, but it would be so much easier to gain some momentum now!
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Checkines wrote: View Post
                              I'd love to make the playoffs don't get me wrong, but if we are able to go on a run and narrowly miss the playoffs and give away a low lottery pick and then have momentum for next season
                              I'd love to give away a high 20's pick in 2018

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                                Boston will drop,
                                Atlanta will drop,

I completely agree. Couldn't say it better myself. With or without Bargs, if the injury bug doesn't bite....THERE IS NO REASON WHY WE SHOULD NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Yes we can. Yes we can.

Comment

Working...
                                X